Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now

on 2 August 2012
For the money, these gloves are great. I needed a waterproof, windproof and warm glove not for cycling but for dog walking. I do 7 miles each morning with the dogs and needed hardwearing gloves that will stand daily winter battering. The quality is exceptional, and the cycling grip gives me effective grip of the leads which many outdoor gloves don't. I bet if i were a cyclist i would still be impressed.

I reckon if you sewed Berghaus or NorthFace logos on to these they would be four times the price. Dont pay £30 to £40 for outdoor winter gloves - just get these instead. Top marks to the manufacturer for the value, and to amazon for unswerving delivery time and time again.
on 9 January 2012
These are a good pair of winter gloves and I must stress winter. They keep your hands warm and the hi-vis aspect is great. However they are not breathable so you'll end up with incredibly sweaty hands making them pretty much useless. I find it incredibly difficult to ride when my hands are sliding about due to the amount of moisture in the glove.

Update:

I originally gave these gloves three stars. They are winter gloves and keep rain, wind and cold off your hands. The key thing is they are winter gloves your hands will sweat when the weather improves. I agree with other reviewers you will need to wash them quite often but that goes with all cycling gear. All in all after a winter's worth of riding great gloves.

*****
on 19 January 2015
I'm very, very pleased with these gloves! Not least because they actually fit! I always have trouble finding gloves large enough to fit me, so I ordered the largest size available. They arrived very quickly, I unpacked them and tried them on, not really expecting them to fit, but they did!! They are slightly bulkier than my plain leather gloves, but not unduly so, I can still brake and change gear easily. I went for a ride today, it was minus two degrees Celsius when I set out and only plus two at the end and my hands were kept nice and warm throughout. I haven't needed to test the waterproofing yet, but I'm certain they'll perform just as well in that area too. The construction looks to be sturdy, so they should last well. For the money, just under a tenner, they seem to me to be absolutely fantastic. I'd certainly recommend them and I won't hesitate to buy another pair when these wear out.
on 26 October 2012
These gloves are well made and pass the visability test.The only problem I have had is the size. I ordered a Large thinking this will give me a bit of flexibility as I am normally have a medium glove ,but have found they are still tight.Not good when cycling any distance.Will probably end up giving them to a relative with smaller hands.So the Glove is good but be careful on what size you order.
on 7 September 2011
Extremely warm, makes your hands sweat. Very snug fit, next time I will get the bigger size & I have put them away until the colder weather & purchased a lighter pair.
on 28 September 2013
I measured my hand according to the instructions provided, and the gloves are way too tight. Please consider buying a bigger size to prevent this.

The palms don't slip easily thanks to the gel grip. Wind shielding is appropriate. Water won't go inside, but don't expect steam to leave off the gloves either. So, you'll end up with hot, sweaty hands after 20/30' of intense cycling. This is probably what happened to the scottish lad who reported wet hands after using these.

Sweat won't evaporate easily thanks to the thinsulate fabric used here, not even leaving the gloves in a dry environment for an entire day. And then there's also that nasty smell coming out of them just because of this.

Stay away from them and save your money for a decent pair.
on 15 February 2012
The size chart provided on the website was accurate, and so the gloves fitted well. There's a velcro strip across the back of the hand which helps to give a snug fit. Very comfortable and warm in use and the reflective back works well, although at the end of my 30-mile journey they smelled a bit when I took them off (from the sweat of my hands - because the gloves are very warm in cold weather - and not because of the glove material). Very pleased with them, but I will be washing them from time to time!
on 23 April 2012
I cycle most days with the dog - out in all weather along paths beside a river, come rain, sun, ice or whatever - not quite the snow, but almost any other weather. I needed good snug waterproof gloves and after shopping around a bit I settled on these - and I'm glad I did. Very good fit (I got XL and I've got big hands - they're a good snug fit), they're warm to wear and fairly waterproof. The bright yellow and reflective strip is good for when I'm on the roads, and the gel grips nice and comfortable to hold on with.

Happy with my purchase, so much so that I subsequently bought the fingerless Tenn gloves to go with these for the warmer weather.
on 25 October 2012
These gloves fit the bill for a light rain or chilly temps, but won't be sufficient when the temps drop in the winter. Also, as other reviewers have mentioned, the inner lining doesn't wick moisture, so your hands are damp on the inside. This is fine if you don't have to take the gloves off during your ride at any time, but the moment you do and your clammy hands are exposed to the chill, expect cold hands. They don't dry very fast, even when I have put them on the radiator or in the drying cabinet for an hour or two and waited all work day to put htem back on for my ride back home. 8 hours later, they're still a little damp. I do like the padding on the palms and they aren't too bulky, however. Cars do see me, thanks to the high vis.
on 15 October 2012
although they seem a little tight these gloves are exceptionally good value for the price, they are warm and waterproof, and they are very visible - important when indicating turns by hand in the dark. If there is something to criticise, it is only that they are not breathable, and can get damp from moisture condensing inside when generating effort. Better warm and damp than cold and wet though!