on 30 October 2012
We purchased one of these and from the outset were not happy with the build quality. The front wheel is flimsy and wobbly making its use as a jogger unreliable. The brake has little effect on the momentum of the trailer, the brake cable dangles underneath (see the product photo). The straps are cheap and uncomfortable, leaving marks on the kids necks and my 1 year old son was able to wiggle free in seconds.

We used it for a 3 months and shortly after (which is the length of the warranty) the front wheel bent upwards and tore the metal of the frame. We sent in pictures and asked for assistance but KMS refused to assist us and the product is a total write off.

Avoid at all costs, its not safe and is poorly made. A total waste of money which we regret buying.
on 29 October 2012
I was interested in a trailer for two of my children for a while, but nearly passed out when I saw similar items priced at over 200 pounds in Halfords, so I took to Amazon where I found this gem.

It arrived promptly and flatly - and to be honest, the instructions to assemble are extremely poor. But being a man, I never referred to them anyway and managed to put it together.

Yes, it doubles up as a stoller, but I only bought this to be used as a bicycle trailer and hence have never connected the front wheel.

It connects securely and very easily to the bicycle, you only need to fit one attachment to your bike and viola - it becomes very easy to connect and remove the trailer for when you want to go out on solo missions.

It seats two children almost comfortably - you'll probably find kids elbowing and complaining the other one is hogging all the space - and do factor in the extra leg muscles you'll need when pulling along a trailer especially uphill!

A couple of storage pockets makes it easy to take along anything you like, bottles of water etc and it also comes with a very handy rain cover to keep the little ones dry should the weather take an unexpected turn.

It's very sturdy and I've never felt unsure about the kids being transported in it. The only area where there could be a compromise in quality is the tyres... I experienced 2 punctures in the space of a few weeks. I don't know if it's just bad luck or if the tyres aren't as thick / rugged / resiliant as others.
on 25 July 2012
I spent ages looking at various trailers but like a lot of people settled for this one because of the price and the fact that I though my kids will only be in it for a few years so didn't want to spend a fortune.

Trailer arrived well packaged in two days!

Putting it together was easy and the instructions weren't bad but it is so easy you won't really need them. My only advice is to use a proper spanner or socket rather than the very basic 2 inch spanner provided.

First time out with my 3 year old (couldn't take my younger one as his helmet hadn't arrived), was the other day in the rain. Only meant to go round the block but ended up in the Yorkshire Wolds on a 12 miler with plenty of hills. It attached to my Focus Cyclocross bike easily and after the initial worry of was she okay behind me wore off we had a great time. You certainly can feel the extra weight and when you put the power down the trailer bounces slightly because there is a spring on the trailer arm which is there to allow your bike to fall over but leaving the trailer upright.

My daughter had plenty of space although with her helmet on the top of her head just touched the rain cover so ideally the trailer could do with being a few inches higher but she didn't seem to notice or mind. The three point harness isn't the best and I plan to attach some sort of 'seatbelt cover' over the straps to make them a bit more comfortable. Once inside the child has good visibility through the side windows as well as through the front. Because of the rain the front one misted up a little but the side ones were okay.

We went over quite a bit of rough road and the trailer soaked up the bumps well. When we got home I noticed my daughters feet were wet (she insisted on no shoes as she had a fleecy blanket and cushions in the trailer with her so I thought she'd be fine). It turns out that while the trailer has a waterproof cover, the manufacturers seemed to forget to make the underneath waterproof so when I checked the floor was soaked due to the spray. A bit of a let down, but I plan to sort that out at some point.

For the price it is very good but due to some small issues like the height, the waterproof underneath and harness I can only give it 4 stars, but would not hesitate in recommending it as these are only small issues.
on 26 May 2011
I purchased this late one Sunday night from KMS and it was delivered the next Tuesday afternoon to Aberdeenshire. I put it together on the Wednesday pm and there was a part missing so I emailed their customer care and Sam replied next day he asked me to email a photo of the location of the missing part and it was posted to me and is installed and everything is great. This companies service is great and their customer care (SAM) is superb and I can recommend them after my dealings.
The trailer is great and well made and fits together very well, the directions are now in English and clear, it is German made and that's why the flag is on the left but it's higher than the trailer and clearly visible.
I bought this for my 2yr old grand daughter so she can come out with her 6 yr old brother and me (granddad). Before I put her in it I loaded it with more than she weighs to make sure it would be ok and had no problem. We have now been out together and she loves it, the suspension makes it comfy and the middle harness is very secure. There is pockets for her toy's and room for picnic things should nice weather ever return. The park brake works fine and the instructions for this are clear also.
I looked at loads of trailer's online and read many reviews before buying this one, I am glad I did, it is sturdy and well made, everything fits well and seems comfy. My bike has quick release wheels and this was no problem to fit and tows behind the
bike very well. The wheel guards can be left off as just click in place but do make it wider which is not a bad thing as gives more protection.
This can also be bought direct from KMS. It is well worth the money when compared with more expensive trailers and is certainly not inferior to them.
33 comments|28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 May 2012
So the product looks amazing value for money, and in fairness seems to be excellent when built. Good quality good features etc.
Only negative was assembling the brakes was a total pain in the neck. Very very fiddly. The rest was super easy and well thought out.

However I'm returning the item because it was bought for towing our average sized three year old arround, which seemed ok given the description and other reviews. But her head is about three inches above the max height line, therefore it really doesn't seem designed or safe for her. Would suggest its fantastic for 18 to 30 month old children though
on 10 May 2011
Purchased this trailer after looking around at lots of different types. We decided not to spend too much money (i.e. >£150) in case the kids didn't like it and we ended up not getting much use out of it, for whatever reason. Plus we chose this one as we liked the idea of having the buggy option, which some of the more expensive ones didn't have. So far - used it only for a few cycle rides and school run with my 4 and 1.5 year olds - it seems pretty good. I wish it came with a sun cover not just mesh, and that the storage area behind the seat was fully sewn in, but apart from that, so far I think it's a really good purchase. Easy to put on and off my bike.
on 13 August 2012
The trailer is absolutely brilliant the design and quality is first rate. The only small problem were the plastic locking nuts for the wheels. I found them to be totally inadequete and I had to purchase two 'shur-locks' in metal from a local hardware store which did the trick.
on 5 January 2013
This is nicely built and of good quality. It was a bit difficult to assemble but when we figured it all out, it was fine. It is quite large though, and it is actually difficult to get in and out of the door... we have to disassemble it a little bit to get it outside and reassemble once it is out every time we want to go for a ride... so I would HIGHLY recommend that if you purchase it, you keep it in a garage or a shed of some kind, if you can manage it.
on 17 August 2013
I ordered this bike trailer a few weeks ago, but was very disappointed when I took it out of the box and found that it did not fit together properly. The instruction manual makes very little sense and the pictures are unclear. I gave up when I found that the axles did not fit into the wheels! Not recommended.
on 10 July 2013
Handbrake didn't work even if you tighten cable up as tight as it'll go.

Had a Velcro pad missing. We bought this in the winter where we didn't use it much, and in the summer, used with the roof rolled up. Now we've found, a little after 6 months of owning, that a Velcro fastener is missing and they won't even post us a small Velcro pad. They say bad luck, it's out of warranty at just 6 months old.

Since there are a lot of these on Amazon, I'd recommend checking warranty period (I'd assumed 12 months standard warranty) and buying one from a company with better after sales service.

Very disappointed in their response. Other Amazon retailers replace/refund/resolve without even asking as soon as you report any kind of issue.