on 10 August 2011
Browsing Amazon as you do, I bought this on a whim.
What a beautiful box set it is, this would make an ideal present for someone.
Included are:
The Flintstones Volume 1: this has the first seven episodes on it.

Wacky Races Volume 1 & 2: these have roughly two thirds or the episodes, i picked up volume 3 a couple of weeks later to complete the collection.

Dastardly & Mutley Volume 1 & 2: these are all the episodes.

The Perils of Penelop Pitstop Volume 1: the first 6 episodes out of 17.

Top Cat Volume 1 & 2: the first 12 episodes out of 30.

Honk Kong Phooey Volume 1 & 2: Number one super guy, this is all the episodes they made, funny but very seventies.

Good for a chuckle and a steal at around the £15 mark.
22 comments| 71 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 February 2012
When I ordered this I did not really know whether my grandsons (age 6 and 8) would like it. I needn't have worried. It has gone down a storm, they love it. I know they had never heard of any of the characters before, but doesn't it just go to show that if something is funny it will always be funny. I would recommend this to everyone in the age range 2 to 102. Brilliant!
on 13 May 2014
I loved these series as a child and now my son is enjoying them all over again with the funky music, cute but not contrived storylines and wry humour. You gotta add this boxed set to your collection. Much better than modern cartoons with their slick CGI.
on 15 July 2011
You cannot wish for a better box set of old Hanna Barbara classics. Beautifully presented box set with ten dvd's packed with cartoon favourites. Wacky races to Dastardly and Mutley,Perils of penelope pitstop, Top Cat,Fred Flintstone etc.

The kids will just love this box set. Plenty of episodes on the volumes as well and the adults can also remember back to some of these favourites. Very cheaply priced and well worth it.Highly recommend
on 2 July 2012
I don't normally review purchases made on Amazon but recently I have the found reviews made by others to be helpful. I am nearly 40 yrs old and I remember these cartoons from my childhood so when I saw they were available at such a good price it was hard to resist. I now have two kids of my own at 10 and 8 yrs old; I wasn't too sure how they would react as they are quite 'old-fashioned' in terms of animation (for a modern animated Tintin generation). But they love it. The big benefit is that we can say 'you can watch one/two episodes and then switch off'. It is well worth the 18 quid.
on 19 June 2013
a big happy kid had a great time watching these - this is a 47 year old kid - who said cartoons were for children!
on 1 January 2013
Bought this box set a while ago now and it has been brilliant. Great value, good quality and a nice selection of dvds. Loads of hours of fun and has been watched time and again. Would definitely recommend for children - and adults!
on 14 March 2014
I enjoyed the cartoons when I was young and enjoying seeing again. I have to confess the old programs give more pleasure than what is done now
on 25 January 2013
I bought this for my nieces and nephew as a present and they really enjoyed it. old cartoons are the best.
on 27 April 2013
Bought this for a friends Birthday and I've been told to give this 15 stars but since we don't have that, 5 will have to do !!!! Personally, I haven't seen any of these DVD's but I trust the person who gave the rating.