5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent mens sandals
These are fantastic sandals, and are my second pair. My last pair lasted around four years, and have walked well over 1000 miles. They hold the foot well, and give excellent traction. The anti-microbe coating in the sandals works very well, stopping the nasty smell that can come from other shoes.

The price on Amazon is excellent, with the exactly the same shoe...
Published on 2 July 2011 by Steve Grant

1.0 out of 5 stars Merrell Kahuna
Absolutely dreadful quality. I have owned an older Merrell pair for years and never had any problems tramping round for miles in these really comfortable sandals. Sadly the new ones I purchased in February 2013 are nothing like as good. It would seem that the stitching inside the new sandals is the problem as the design seems to be the same but the interior joins are...
Published 13 months ago by pgtips

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent mens sandals, 2 July 2011
Steve Grant (Devon, UK) - See all my reviews

The price on Amazon is excellent, with the exactly the same shoe costing 70 in high street shops.

Well worth considering over other brands!

Oh by the way, this item is mislabelled... these are the Mens sandals!

5.0 out of 5 stars These are the mopeds of the shoe world!, 19 Jun 2013
Before you read this review, let's get one thing straight. I am not some kind of long haired, sandal wearing hippie. In fact, until this summer I have never worn a pair of sandals in my adult life. Even more than that I have always given men wearing sandals a wide berth and privately questioned the state of their mental health.

However, this summer I am fortunate to be going on a fantastic holiday, somewhere hot that will require a lot of walking. After sorting through my threadbare shoe collection I decided I needed something new. I could not help but be surprised that I found myself looking at these sandals and decided they might just fit the bill. I ordered them from Amazon Marketplace for less than 40, which seems to be a pretty bargain price, as they are 75 in Blacks.

They have now arrived and I have to admit that they are probably the most comfortable footwear I have ever owned. I've tried them out on a few fairly long walks on hot days and i'm sure they will be perfect for my holiday as they do not rub and my feet always feel cool.

For a pair of sandals these look about as nice as you're going to get and they seem, as is normal with Merrell shoes, to be pretty well made.

What's the down side. Well, they are sandals, and I still can't quite come to terms with the fact that I own, and am enjoying wearing a pair. They really are the mopeds of the shoe world because they are fantastic...but only until your mates see you!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best fit I have ever had in a sandal, 18 July 2013
David P (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
I have size 11 feet, and they are average width, but very slim height-wise (although I am not "flat footed", I also have a very high arch), so I always have trouble finding a comfortable shoe because many designs just won't do up tight enough, my feet slop about in them. This is especially true of sandals, I can never get the straps tight enough, especially the one over the toe. But these fit me very well. The ankle strap is just tight enough when pulled as tight as it will go, but in particular the toe strap actually does adjust small enough to grip my foot, due to the way the two halves are designed to overlap - most aren't, they are only designed to butt up to each other, so when I do overlap them in order to get a fit, the resulting bulge in the strap is usually very uncomfortable. But on top of this, there is a stretchy "sock" underneath the toe strap which also fits my slender foot very well. Result - the first sandal I have ever owned that actually fits properly.

Pricey but, for me, worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A pair each year, 14 May 2014
For the past many years I have bought a pair of these sandals for the summer and I think that they are hard to beat. The only consideration is that I always by a size bigger than my normal shoe size or else my toes seem to be too close to the front.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!!!, 30 July 2013
Martin Benson (West Sussex) - See all my reviews
I can't rate Merrell Kahuna sandals highly enough. These are my 4th pair (but my first pair of Kahuna iiis) and they have all been by far the most comfortable sandals I have ever worn, comfortable enough to wear on (very!!) long walks, if you wished.

The only downside is the price, but these are proof of the old saying "you get what you pay for". They are worth every penny.

5.0 out of 5 stars good for "plantar fascilitis" sufferers, 3 July 2013
I have had a pair of Merrell sandals for years and which are very comfortable and since recently being diagnosed with "plantar fascilitis" I found they were the only things I could wear for any length of time. unfortunately they are rather scruffy now and I needed to get a replacement. These are the nearest I could find to the ones I have and have the same cushioned sole and heel, the main difference is the suede material but after living with them for a few days I find I am growing to like the look too. They are well made and very comfortable to wear for a long time and absorb rough stoney ground. Worth the near 60 I paid, well not sure the last ones were 30 from a factory outlet and are almost 10 years old so make your own mind up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great as usual, 29 Jun 2013
Last ones lasted 6 years. Always was going to buy another pair, great quality, you only get what you pay for.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality, 18 Jun 2013
Third pair of these Ive had - can I say more. They are comfortable and long lasting and good value

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent things., 7 Jun 2013
Had a pair of these for a few years now and they've only just decided to fall apart on holiday on a Greek Island. The right heel disintegrated, the right heel strap came loose and the left toe strap came apart.

Thinking back, I wore them at 6,500ft backpacking over the Midi-Pyrennees in 2002 when I developed tendonitis in my right ankle and couldn't wear my boots. No problems at all with grip and support despite snow fields and a heavy pack (wouldn't recommend this type of use for safety reasons, but needed to keep moving).

Several trips to more gentle areas of France, backpacking in Iceland, round UK, worn as slippers at home, on the beach and in the sea which is great as your feet float and you can simply paddle your arms in a leisurely manner etc etc.

I am currently looking for some more without paying 75 (which I find ridiculous), may come from this site in the end. Despite my comment on RRP, they have lasted me years so may actually be worth it. I will have some more, from somewhere.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best sandals I have ever owned, 30 May 2013
This review is from: Merrell Men's Kahuna Iii M Sandal (Apparel)
Second pair bought; both from Amazon.
First pair so comfortable and lasted so well just bought another pair.
Would definately recommend.