Size: X-Large|Colour: Red|Change
Price:£11.39 - £22.74

on 28 January 2011
I needed some protection for skiing, having promised my young nephews to take them to the dry slopes for lessons before a family holiday in the alps.

Having previously fractured an elbow on ice, i was keen for some elbow protection, so decided on "these" ...

God was i annoyed on opening and finding only ONE of them .. i should have read the amazon description more closely .. or maybe amazon should have made it more clear to people like me that speed read it was only 1 pad.

Anyway i was going to return it on principal, but the pad is pretty good, so i have ordered another pad to make it a PAIR !

I gave it 4* instead of 5 because there is a lack of padding on the side at the bottom of the elbow which is an obvious impact site

anyway i would recommend .. just remember if you need a pair of pads order 2 of the item
on 13 February 2013
I read the other reviews about the small sizing, but decided to measure my arm and purchase the supposedly most suitable sizing...but alas it was predictably too small. I decided to stick with it though and try and stretch it before I needed it for my skiing holiday. Last year I fractured my elbow and had pins put into it, so although the fracture has healed, whenever my elbow is knocked it is extremely painful. Although at the beginning of the week the pad was too tight and a bit uncomfortable, it provided me with the elbow protection I needed and did not experience any pain when falling. So get at least 1 size up and you should have a very durable and supporting elbow pad.
on 13 January 2011
a very good quality item very comfortable to wear my son is a goalkeeper and has had recurring swelling and bruising of his elbow due to impacting on hard ground the design and construction of this pad has had an immediate effect for the first time in months his elbow is not bruised or swollen and he has no stiffness or pain in his elbow there is no restriction of movement due to the design of the product and the design and density of the padding takes the impact of landing full force with no jarring this is a very well made piece of equipment and does exactly what it is made for and at a very good price well worth any goalkeeper having as more synthetic surfaces are in use these days i would highly recommend this pad to anyone
on 12 July 2011
Well, the pad is a good quality as used at handball trainings.
I'd like to mention though that measurement is a bit misleading. I am definitely not bigger than medium size (I actually considered small size first) and am glad now I went for the medium size as I found it difficult to slide it on my elbow and even more difficult to strip it after I get sweaty underneath. But not thinking of getting bigger size as it would be far from my measurements. Maybe it all depends on material and shape. I would purchase it again only if I couldn't find any others similar price and level of protection.
on 23 September 2013
Not happy at all. According the sizing chart for the Mcdavid Handball Elbow pads I am a medium (I'm 29cm (sizing guide says medium 25-31cm)) but I couldn't even get them close to going over my forearm. This is also stated on the website and on the packaging for the item. I would go for a larger size but I don't trust the sizing guide enough The problem goes back to McDavid who have the same sizing on there website. Lost money because of the postage back. Won't be buying the product again
on 28 February 2011
It's a very good pad, I've tried immediately when I received it and it boosts my confidence for jumping and catching ball, surely enhance my GK capability. However I am quite disappointed that it only comes as one piece. Obviously I have 2 arms and 2 elbows need to be covered. The advertising image should has some kind of notice that only one piece will be sold (with the price of about £10).

Nevertheless, I really enjoy it and am gonna order another one. :)
on 17 February 2012
After having spending ages trying to work out what size to buy, i finally decided to order 2 medium pads for both elbows!!! Can't really understand why they aren't offered as a pair!!

Bad idea, couldnt even get them above my forearm!! Plus the company decided to send 1 large aswell which was also too small!!! Rubbish sizing guide!!
on 27 December 2012
Another review below provided an important piece of information: You buy just ONE pad!
Other than that it is a proper, sturdy pad which has a snug fit. It allows for good movement after you've worn it in for a while.
Pay attention to the sizes! I had to check McDavid's own site for sizes since they aren't on here. Size does matter when buying an elbow pad since a snug, but not too tight fit is VERY important!
on 24 April 2016
Check the manufacturer's size chart and do not believe you have to order one size bigger. You don't. Just order the size that fits you, I sent it back and will do the same. Order my correct size.
on 17 December 2012
I could not get the medium size elbow pads up my forearm let alone across my elbows. I sent the item back and I am still waiting for a refund...

See one answered question