4.0 out of 5 stars An entertaining and useful book
I had my doubts about this book as so many are written that are full of "money-saving ideas"that are just common sense..this book actually had some good ideas relevent to us in England and the author talks a lot of sense.Overall a worthwhile read.
Published on 26 Jan 2012 by marinakaplais

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad for 85p
Published on 28 May 2012 by Mr. H. Morrison

4.0 out of 5 stars An entertaining and useful book, 26 Jan 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Great advice, decent writing, 27 Oct 2012
This review is from: Living Cheaply in the U.K. (Kindle Edition)
It's a decent read, offers good advice and provides a little more insight into the world that I didn't expect to find in this book.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad for 85p, 28 May 2012
Mr. H. Morrison (London, London United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Living Cheaply in the U.K. (Kindle Edition)
Normally I just get free books for my Kindle but I thought I'd chance this for 85p. It's not bad; quite well researched with lots of comparisons of different lifestyle choices in order to get the best from your money. Although the author has worked as an estate agent he gives a fairly reasonable and impartial analysis of renting versus buying your home. I felt that despite the title,some of the book had been aimed more at a US audience (suggesting you get a private pilot's licence is never going to save you much money in the UK!). Shooting, a popular pastime in the US, has never really been a subsistence activity in the UK and the hassles involved in doing simply aren't worth it in my opinion. Mr Ricardi puts great store, rightly, by questioning received wisdom on things, but in the chapter on cycling states 'every medical agency agrees on the benefits of wearing a helmet in the case of an accident' which is not the case; professional opinion is not unanimous on the benefits of helmets. That's a side issue anyway; overall it's quite a good book that even experienced frugal livers will find of interest.

4.0 out of 5 stars Living cheaply in the UK. Just relocated to UK, 29 Nov 2012
This review is from: Living Cheaply in the U.K. (Kindle Edition)
I purchased this as I had relocated to the UK and was out of touch with banks and utilities' providers and wanted to pick up tips to find my way through all the many different ways of living as frugally as possible. I found it ver readable and a useful resource.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sraightforward money mnagement, 28 Jan 2014
This review is from: Living Cheaply in the U.K. (Kindle Edition)
Found lots of useful advice. Not the simplest techniques but generally straightforward. I'll be using the food shopping and menu planning ideas. Mortgage interest information was the most helpful.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 27 May 2013
This review is from: Living Cheaply in the U.K. (Kindle Edition)
Still haven't read it all but it seems a good book with useful tips on how to make the most of living in London spending the least possible. In such an expensive city, I would say is a great book to have! Updates on it would be very useful too as living costs often change in the space of just a couple of years.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, great price!, 23 April 2013
This review is from: Living Cheaply in the U.K. (Kindle Edition)
The book contains a lot of useful information and is generally a great read, not to mention that for the price it's a bargain. 5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great guide, 21 July 2014
This review is from: Living Cheaply in the U.K. (Kindle Edition)
Recommended to me by my frugal dad. I already do a lot of what the author suggests but I still found some good advice. I especially liked the tables with actual savings. It was clear and pragmatic. Definitely worth a read!

1.0 out of 5 stars Dross, 11 Dec 2013
This review is from: Living Cheaply in the U.K. (Kindle Edition)
No real ideas, no life hacks, nothing special and not well organised or laid out. Save money on life in the UK by not buying this book.

2.0 out of 5 stars american book, 17 Nov 2012
This review is from: Living Cheaply in the U.K. (Kindle Edition)
A book written by an american for the american market converted badly for the uk.. hasn't even bothered to used some correct english words, but the American word for it. Should be called living cheaply in the USA

Living Cheaply in the U.K.
0.77