1,352 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product But Too Expensive
I used to buy these sims on a regular basis because I didn't want the hassle of a contract, the recent and regular hike in price changed my mind so I took out a contract with Three, I have put a cap on it to avoid the extortionative cot of going over the monthly allowance, I wanted to keep a few of these sims as back up, they used to be VERY good value for money but at...
Published 18 months ago by SteB

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as good value for money as it once was
There's a flood of favourable reviews on the front page which reflect this product at a time when the card was much cheaper.

Published 19 months ago by Bat

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as good value for money as it once was, 20 Oct. 2013

Since January when I first purchased this sim card, it has seen tiny yet steady increases in cost every month. Now [October 2013] it is approximately 50% more expensive and has reached the point where I am now looking elsewhere for data.

It was once good value for money but unfortunately not any more.

1.0 out of 5 stars Price Hike for SIM's, 19 Oct. 2013
It's getting to the point where this item is out pricing itself. Eight months ago it cost £10.79 this current hike puts it at nigh on a 50% increase; last time I bought it, the price was £12.06 in August; yesterday it was £15+; today they decreased it to the magically psychological one penny below £15. The cost of manufacturing and applying the data has probably stayed the same. The real cost has probably decreased, as the more popular it becomes the greater the bulk buy; decreasing the unit cost even more. Woefully this is standard practice for us capitalists; see a 'golden egg' and greed enters the equation. I am sure that Mars Bars were bigger in the 1950's. What you doing about it Amazon or is it yourselves pocketing the extra profit margin?

1.0 out of 5 stars Price hike equals no sale, 9 Jan. 2014
I like the rest of the reviewers loved this and have been buying them and recommending them for the last two years. The price hike has meant they are no longer worth the trouble of buying every three months as it is just as cheap to go on a rolling monthly contract with Three.

I would love to know the reason for the price increase, have Three put their big boots on, was it limited stock etc etc

A real shame

1.0 out of 5 stars rip off, 12 Jan. 2014
just went to get a new 3 sim expecting £12 and they have now gone up to £21 , they work fine but not for that money !

1.0 out of 5 stars PRICE!!!, 17 Sept. 2013
At £15.04 they are now more expensive than a 3 Top Up.
The first one I bought 18 months ago was £6.50!

1.0 out of 5 stars Not good value anymore, 10 Nov. 2013
These pre loaded Data sim cards were good value at one time but not any more. Mine has just expired, so I came back to amazon to buy another. My last one cost £12.06. Now these are Not good value at all, so would advise you to look at other alternatives. lucky for me my mobile contract is up for renewal in about 6 weeks so i will have to consider a change of networks and then Tether my device to my phone. So unless these suddenly drop below £15, I for one won't buy another. I give this item 1 star in the ratings to reflect the poor value for money. These need to be a lot cheaper for me to upgrade my rating. Regarding the data sim itself they have always worked well for me, Just pop it into a Mifi or a usb Dongle and away you go no need to register. When it expire you can choose to either top up or just buy another.

2.0 out of 5 stars 3 Pre-Loaded Sim (3Gb for 3 Months)., 12 Nov. 2013
I was a believer in the 3 Pre-Loaded SIM cards but as several other people have already
said this has now become a Rip-Off.

The latest price is £18+ (In Nov 2013).

This has risen from just over £11 when I first started to use 3 SIM's for my broadband
connection in late 2011.

What are these people thinking, don't they realize that hiking the price like this looks
very bad on them and makes existing users change to other companies. The cost of 3 providing
this service can only have fallen over the last couple of years so why is there such a blatant
Rip-Off going on with the cost of these SIM's.

These SIM's WERE a fair price back in 2011 and lots of people recognized this and joined 3 as
their broadband provider.
There is no excuse for hiking the price like this - whether this is being hiked by 3 themselves
OR by the SIM sellers OR perhaps both.

You WILL loose many customers through practices like this, in tough times like these it is
suicidal to carry on like this and whether it is 3 or the sellers, you should be ashamed of
yourselves !

Also, all this price hiking is going on at a time when 3's network is getting quite unreliable at
times.

Why would you WANT to loose loyal customers ??

When I first started to use the 3 Network I would have given them 4/5 Stars but now in view of this
blatant Rip-Off going on I'm afraid that 2 stars is on the generous side.

Mr.BS Kent. (Retired Electronics Company Owner). Nov 2013.

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent but has a catch, 8 Sept. 2011
Great price and worked well, but one reason I purchased is the 3 website says it can be used abroad. However I discovered after purchasing that the 3Gb of data that comes loaded on the Sim cannot be used abroad, you have to pre-pay for much more expensive data. I also found it only works in certain countries where 3 have an agreement with a local carrier. So only purchase if you are going to use all the data in the UK.

3.0 out of 5 stars Used to be good value, 14 Nov. 2013
I have bought quite a few of the 3gb sims as they were once very good value. I used to pay around the £11 mark but they have almost doubled in price now. The 12gb version still remains good value (as of the date if this review). Real shame.

1.0 out of 5 stars Almost doubled in price since August 2013 !, 25 Nov. 2013
I bought one of these in July 13 for £11.85
Bought a second in August 13 for a friend , that cost £12.06

They have now increased to £20 !!!!!