4.0 out of 5 stars A great insight to Zen theory and application.
I've read a few books on Buddhism and have found it quite baffling. This book, however, has made some of the concepts much clearer to me by applying them directly to something I enjoy. Some chapters weren't relevant to me but, generally, the book was of great interest and full of practical ideas. I will definitely be running Zen style from now on.
Published on 4 Jan. 2013 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Over analysis
Published 11 months ago by Mr. Simon Paddon

4.0 out of 5 stars A great insight to Zen theory and application., 4 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Zen and the Art of Running: The Path to Making Peace with Your Pace (Kindle Edition)

3.0 out of 5 stars Over analysis, 1 May 2014
Mr. Simon Paddon "Simon" (Barnstaple, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
I love running, and I am deeply interested in Buddhism. However, by combining them, this book takes the fun out of both by over- analysing everything (and I mean everything and anything). Seriously- its message is essentially you can get your self to do anything by over analysing it. Cant help but feel the author was not at school on the day they said it's Ok to have a break now and then and do what you love.

So... nice sentiment, but over cooked.

5.0 out of 5 stars Zen and the art of running, 22 Dec. 2009
Siobhan Monaghan (N.I) - See all my reviews
Great resource. having read many books regarding different training schedules etc it was a breath of fresh air i.e. not another schedule but more ideas which could be used in any schedule and indeed alone. Training for the mind!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Did not like it at all, 18 July 2013
I thought for me the book did not really flow it really did not encourage me at all sorry :-(

1.0 out of 5 stars I really like the idea of combining running and spirituality, 20 April 2015
W. Southwell - See all my reviews
I really like the idea of combining running and spirituality. I had great hopes for this book. However this book is very dull. The spirituality that I read about before I gave up seemed to be very basic CBT. In no way inspiring.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book., 25 Jun. 2013
J. E. Tucker - See all my reviews
I incorrectly believed there was not much one could write about running and attitude towards it. Certainly not enough to fill a book. However this was an a good read & what the author mentions seems to make sense. It's improved my running. Enjoyed it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Get your mojo back x, 16 Feb. 2014
Great, concise, easy read. Entertaining and relates to any sport or any aspect of life ! Written from the heart ,

4.0 out of 5 stars Read!, 16 Feb. 2014
Took a while to connect with but glad I persevered - great read. Keeps you running during these wet weeks !

4.0 out of 5 stars somethink to think on, 5 Aug. 2011
A great read, not really got into the swing of it while out running, but will be giving it a go. Refreshing thoughts on training.

2.0 out of 5 stars great start but fades away, 28 Aug. 2013
The sample is great and hooked me, so i bought it. Very dissappoinrig, as after the sample it gets a bit, well, just boring and repetitive. I dont think its value for money. Lots of content that doesnt quite fit wit the book, more general tips. Perhaps its to bolster the content. Either way, in the end I didnt get past the first few chapters. Shame.