Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£6.64

on 7 April 2003
When my friend recommended the book to me I wasn't interested at first because of the subject matter (rape and abortion), yet when I began reading it I couldn't put it down. The characters were portrayed very well and this impacted me deeply. I felt like I got to know Dinah through all of her pain and I found myself thinking about her for ages after I finished reading the book. I'm so glad that a very controversial subject was handled so openly and I found myself having to really search myself on the issue of abortion. Half way through the book I sat and cried. I learned through this book that no matter what life throws at us, God's Word stands. As a Christian I know that abortion is not God's will, yet I was unsure as to why. Dinah's baby was not some monsters kid, she was a child of God and precious in his sight. I was very moved by the book and would recommend it. Be prepared to be challenged!
on 2 February 2003
I couldn't put this book down. As a story it is a fabulous read, and it also helps so much in understanding what people go through with rape, abortion and the decisions they have to make. I'd recommend it to anyone who has ever had a friend who had an abortion and would like to understand them better. Also to anyone who wants to read a really riveting story.
on 29 June 2000
Francine Rivers excells in this book at exposing the utter devatation that a rape leaves behind. On top of that she deals with the subject of abortion in a sensitive but not sentimental way. This book will make people sit down and examine their own hearts. A remarkable book!
on 10 July 1998
If a man's heart can be shattered to pieces this book can do just that! Most men really have no understanding of the act of rape until it hits home; wife, daughter, sister, mother. This book helps men to understand. Add a difficult dicision to boot! Hard to put down!
A lot of people may not know this, but Rivers herself had an abortion in her younger days. This brave, well-written book, explores the search for forgiveness and understanding in a narrow, often bigoted, world of ignorance.

A brilliant achievement.
on 16 April 2012
I had wrestled with myself about buying this book. I downloaded the sample, but I found the idea of reading about rape too upsetting. However, the rape part of the book was mostly devoid of any kind of overly detailed information.

I have to say that as a person that has been on both sides of the fence, I was pro-choice but now am pro-life, I found that the book agreed with my spiritual understanding of life, when life beings. It also flowed with the knowlege of God that I have come to know since my becoming a Christian.

I found it inspiring to see Dynah walking her own path, against all those who would try to influence her away fromt the truths that she had always held onto. More than one time you can see temptations put before her to comply, such as the loss of love and future, you can also see that other times brute force was almost used to get her to comply. In this story its very much all about how other people react to an innocent victim of a terrible crime, its alot about how uncomfortable it make them for a whole host of reasons. Its about betrayal of those who were supposed to support and love you. Its about the hypocrisy of a Church system that only cares about protecting itself and its image.

This story is about holding onto Jesus when every arm of flesh fails you, and seeing your redemption come from him.

Wonderful book. Well worth buying.
on 19 April 1998
This was the best book I've read ever. (And I've read many, many, many.) Even though it's fiction, it presents facts. This book will touch and open your heart and mind. This book will give encouragement and strength. Even though the topic of the book is abortion, it will give encouragement in other ways as well. So, even if you are not dealing with abortion, it will still give encouragement. This book gave me encouragement, inspiration, and a new outlook on life, love, and God. It was so good, it went by so fast. I thought it would take me at least a month to read the book, but it went by in a week. This book is so uplifting, I would recommend it be read by all. A '10' doesn't do this book justice, but it's the highest rating there is. This book is AWESOME.
on 3 September 2009
Another excellent read from Francine Rivers.I would fully recommend this book. The message is - always think and reconsider before having an abortion, don't be badgered into doing it. Pray hard for guidance - life is precious.
on 18 November 2015
A powerful and emotional story. Each of the characters was well fleshed out.
Did I enjoy it? I'm not sure how to answer that. I'm a Christian, but confess, I found it overly preachy, which I don't like.
I'm pretty sure it's meant to be a fictional novel, and yet it dwells unremittingly on prolife issues. Now don't get me wrong. I AM PROLIFE! But the poor girl was raped for goodness sake! I felt that whole traumatic issue was glossed over some what.

I didn't like the epilogue. I felt it was quite unnecessary after everything else in the story. And I didn't bother to fully read the last page entitled, 'Beloved.' As there was little or no encouragement for any rape victim who might read it.

Basically, this story is the author's prolife views wrapped up in a novel.
The book was given to me, so I felt I should read it, especially as I really enjoyed, 'Redeeming Love.' In my mind there is no comparison between the two books.
on 4 March 2013
About 10 years ago my mum bought this book and on our family holiday both my sister and I read it after my mum. It was a hard story to read due to the subject. A year later we understood why it was that we had read this book. It had prepared us for what was to happen. I and my family were faced with this same story a year later. It made us see that what we were feeling was ok. And facing some of decision I had to, this book helped. If i hadn't read it before I don't think i would have survived. And its 9 years later and i thought of this book again. Thank you to the author - its not an easy or comfortable topic to write about but really you have done it perfectly.