Colour: Green|Change

Available In:

Blue (Reviewed)
Red
Green

We bought this for my 5 year old nephew last year as he really likes lego. It was initially intended as a lunch box however we knew that he could use it as a Lego / Toy box if his Mum and Dad decided otherwise.

When I received the package and assessed its quality I was satisfied with its built quality and design although I did feel that it could have been a bit better. It's a bit smaller than I expected and the edges are not very sharp.

Size-wise it can hold a small amount of sandwiches and an apple / orange along with a couple of small food items and that's about it. When we gave it to him his reaction was of a positive nature as he was smiling and was keen to open the box and explore inside. When he saw that it was an empty box his face dropped somewhat as he may have expected some treats to be inside.

The long term feedback that I have received from his parents is that he does still show interest in it and he uses it mainly for holding small toys. They do not use it for its intended purpose as they felt that it was too small. It's durability is very good as there is very little wear or even scratches, marks etc which demonstrates that it has been made of good quality material that's fit for purpose. It's hasn't been cleaned therefore I cannot comment on its durability with hot water and detergent.

Verdict: A Decent Lunch Box That Should Be About 25% Bigger.
on 7 January 2011
Before I bought this product, I had read a few reviews below and I was a little bit worried about the size when I ordered. However, I was pleasantly surprised when I oepend the package. It is not that small as others have complained and it seems to have enough space to fit sandwhiches plus a bit of fruits in too. It is not massive, but it would be impossible to fit it with a water bottle in my son's lunch bag(which is an average-sized lunch bag) if it were bigger than this. In fact, I think that with the sticking bit on top, it is already slightly bigger than the other containers I've been using.
Overall, I think both the price and the size are reasonable and I'm sure my son will just love it. I'm going to order another one as a birthday gift for my nephew who too loves lego!
Ordered this for my son's birthday. While it is a lovely item to keep lego in (as it looks just like an outsize Lego brick), to market it as a lunchbox is ridiculous. It measures 7cm high (including knobs), 10cm wide and 20cm long (external dimensions). That is far too small for an average child's school lunch - it won't even hold a typical 330ml drink bottle. You can't fit in a normal slice of bread without cutting or folding it. It is just a plastic box, with no insulating properties, and would have to be carried inside another bag to use as a snack container since there is no carrying handle and the top comes off easily if you try to carry it by the top alone.

A further disappointment is the fact that it does not stack like lego does; it would have been great to buy more and use them as a lego storage system, but the base is flat, so the boxes can't join.

I also bought some of the mini boxes, as they are advertised as fitting within the 'lunchbox'. Again they are really far too small to be of any use except for tiny lego bits and bobs, but they are quite cute. The do fit in the 'lunchbox', but they are a VERY tight fit placed side by side.

All in all, a lovely novelty item for a lego fan needing some smart-looking (if small) storage, but hopeless as a lunchbox for any child with a normal appetite! I'm sure my son will love it anyway, but I am disappointed to have spent my money on something not fit for its advertised purpose.
on 18 April 2012
Pleased with item. Was a gift and was loved, as they're "Lego" fans. Probably get them some more Lego gifts some time.
on 12 February 2014
I bought this for my nephew for his birthday, he loved it. After reading other reviews i was skeptical about how big it was and expecting it to be too small. It is a little on the small side but good for what it's used for. I do think it's a little overpriced for how small it is but my nephew loved it.
on 5 April 2013
Although the measurements were available at the time of purchase, my 9 year old was determined. On arrival we were surprised to find it doesn't fit 'lunch' in. On the plus side it is very well made, we just have to have drinks and snacks outside the box which is not very practical.
on 10 March 2015
Great looking and works brilliantly, looks just like a lego brick down to the little details. A tad on the small side, and the sides of the top half are warped inwards slightly, but it's very strong and sturdy, it's definitely not going to break any time soon
on 11 November 2014
Good quality as I would expect from a lego product, it's marked up as a lunch box but I think you would struggle to get a pack lunch in it.
I'm just going to use it to store lego minifigures.
VINE VOICEon 28 July 2011
I got it for my 6 year old daughter so it seemed quite big at first but then I found it very useful because I can put inside sandwich, some fruits, yogurt without worrying about space. She loves it too because it is very easy to open and close but at the same time it wouldn't open itself.

It fits easily in regular size insulated lunch bag together with ice pack on the side.

The good thing about this lunchbox is that after my daughter will get fed up with it and want another one, this one can have second life as a storage box along so many other matching room accessories and bigger boxes from Lego.
on 27 December 2012
This made my nieces Xmas, she was so pleased to receive this as she loves Lego, added the mini box 4 and she was delighted. Arrived on time and well packaged.