5.0 out of 5 stars Great sander if you already have the Power4all batteries.
Be aware this is a bare tool - it does not come with the batteries! (although 2 batteries, a charger and a hammer drill with case is available from the orange DIY chain for just under a hundred pounds at 19.09.12)

This is a great little sander with an extending forward section to get into small areas most sanders won't.

Only had this sander a few...
Published on 19 Sep 2012 by J. Kirby

Published 4 months ago by Vina

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sander if you already have the Power4all batteries., 19 Sep 2012
J. Kirby (Sheffield, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Bosch PSM 18 LI Cordless 18 Volt Li-Ion Multisander (baretool: supplied without battery/without charger) (DIY & Tools)

Only had this sander a few weeks but first impressions are positive with both the sander and the sanding packs I bought at the same time really helping sand some teak chairs with tightly packed wooden "spokes" being done in minutes where I could not get my old sander nor easily get a block of wood with sandpaper wrapped around it.

The batteries have been lasting about an hour (they are about 6 months old and have been used many times on a Power4all jigsaw and hammer drill) and the power is at least as good as my old Black and Decker mains sander.

Positives
Reasonable light
Really like the fact you can get into tight spaces
Has extractor
Versatile in handling and being able to take away from mains due to being battery operated.

Negatives
Only that it works out expensive if you don't already have the batteries.

If you have the batteries and need a sander - this is an excellent product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great piece of kit and love the multi tool concept, 27 Aug 2012
Lendrak (Hampshire UK) - See all my reviews
I needed a new portable drill/driver and spent lots of time in DIY shops handling various options as I think that this is the only way to see how they feel; balance, weight, quality of build etc.

I wanted a drill with the latest lithium-ion battery as I hoped that the initial cost would be outweighed by life and ease of use; I also wanted fast (1 hour) charge and working light and hammer option with plenty of torque settings for drilling.

I was very taken with the Bosch PSB 18 volt hammer drill/driver that came with two batteries (B+Q) so got it and have been really happy; great piece of kit and the option of using the batteries across other tools is excellant.

So got the Bosch PSM multisander (bare tool as I already had two batteries); arrived quickly and it seems a really good piece of kit. In use the batteries last really well, the inbuilt vaccum is also powerful enough to collect most of the dust from the sander face and its light enough to handle easily without being a flimsy build. The inbuilt dust collecting box is well designed and is easy to remove and empty.

It does only come with four sanding sheets in the box so you need to invest in more pretty quickly.

I think that Bosch has been really clever here with the mulitool battery approach and I will look at other tools/gadgets in the range.

JUST BE AWARE as previously mentioned this is a bare tool without battery.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 11 Jan 2012
first time I have used it today and I am very impressed very good sander, battery life is also good,would recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, does this thing sand!, 1 Jun 2013
R. Hale (UK) - See all my reviews
I wanted to renovate my stair case, it needed stripping, and re-painting.
Having the Bosch power for all cordless screwdriver set with two li-Ion batteries, this made sense.

I worked all day on and off with it, and only used on battery, it stays operating at full power unlike nicad systems, and I only used 3 sanding pads. I bought the Bosch 25 pack to go with it.

Dust collector works well also.

Excellent.

3.0 out of 5 stars I was expecting great results from this product with the feedback on recommendations ..., 15 Aug 2014
I was expecting great results from this product with the feedback on recommendations by comments shared. It's bigger than I hoped it would be and not as fast. Perhaps I was being gullable or way too hopeful but I'm disappointed with the result! It's purchase was to sand back new mahogany windows and door frames but in order to get them to the bare wood for varnishing purposes you would have to invest some energy and time to the project. I don't doubt that it would be perfectly good at sanding wood on a resting station,so that it would prove lest awkward and weight could be applied making the ending effects quicker and more effectively but just not for upright use where the pressure applied is less and the size of the product on the large side for my project,sorry!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great little sander, 21 Jun 2014
Super quality sander as all Bosch products are it feels light but sturdy. Also the univeral battery idea is great. Will be buying more Bosch product range.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent little tool, 31 May 2014
Works a treat, good at getting into odd corners. Main plus is sharing the batteries with the drill. Get a cheap food container to keep it in rather than and expensive custom case.

5.0 out of 5 stars great tool, 25 May 2014
Fantastic tool with rapidly charging batteries, Gets into awkward shapes and doesn't lose power as the battery life runs out. Free of cables and uses the same batteries and chargers as my drill. Great

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice and light, 1 Jan 2014
GameraPhobe (Manchester, UK) - See all my reviews
1930s bungalow, paneled door, casing and trim are wide and detailed.

Both sides of one door and two casings sanded, just the paint sanded down, one 1.3amp battery used.

Sander is light and has decent power, seems to have less vibration than my other sanders, I was sceptical that the batteries would last very long, for small jobs this is ideal.

Problems with my shoulders mean lifting my arms above my head is difficult and painful, my soffits need repainting, this light sander makes it possible for me to do.

You can buy, 1.3 amp, 1.5 amp, and 2 amp batteries for these POWER4ALL tools, bought some 2 amp for £30 online.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bosch 18v Multisander, 24 Nov 2013
Received well packed in double quick time. Well done! this is an excellent little tool to add to my drill from the same Bosch 18v family.