on 23 April 2014
I thought that when I placed this order that I could not go wrong with buying a radio with the Roberts brand name. How wrong was I!! Ignore the DAB function....tuning the radio is a nightmare. By taking the radio to a corner in the top of the house, I can just about receive three of my favourite stations. Anywhere else,I am down to just the local radio station, despite auto and manual tuning in the DAB and FM modes!!! Lucky for Harborough FM!!!
I am REALLY disappointed with this product!
on 10 June 2012
Bought this radio for my new kitchen but was very disappointed when it did not pick up any signals. Have moved it into a bedroom in a different part of the house. At first it was ok picking up a signal but after a couple of months it started to pick up interference and I had to move it around again. Other wise it is a nice looking radio and the tone is excellent but you need to be in an area with a strong signal.
on 17 February 2012
Bought for my Mum who lives in a poor DAB reception area. Worked fine at my house, but no reception at my Mum's, so had to return. Bought her a Pure radio which did pull in the stations, so not for poor reception areas
on 16 October 2013
Excellent radio.It has not been off since it arrived. Gives me all the music, news, and discussion stations with ease.
on 27 February 2014
Sound reproduction is excellent, programme storage exactly as I required, and, overall appearance is first rate., well done to Roberts
on 29 September 2014
Received this today. First impressions are, that it looks nice but the sound is somewhat disappointing and that is partly my fault for choosing a set without a tone control/s to boost treble and remove bass.
So far it is being used on the mains adaptor but have just received my order for 6 Duracell C batteries and so I'll see how long they last using the radio for about a half and hour each day. I prefer to use it off batteries due to my favoured positioning in the room where I shave every morning.
Another minor gripe is the displayed information selection. I like to see the digital clock readout but if selected, every time the radio is turned off and then on again the scrolling text is seen - a shame, that.
I didn't want to spend a lot of money on a radio for the purpose needed but other than buying the much better Ecologic 4, then this will have to suffice.
on 14 January 2014
Our son has severe learning difficulties but just loves to listen to people talking. This DAB Radio was easy to set up for him and I preset the stations that he would normally like listening to.
We bought this model as it had a very obvious on - off button which was easily accessible on the top of the radio. ( Most others had the on - off switch as a small button on the side and easily confused with other buttons.
Our son can switch this on and off himself and really loves listening to Radio 4. The sound quality is excellent.
A really good buy at a great price.
on 2 September 2014
Bought this on 13th December - broken by 2nd September as it can't find any stations! Most radios go on forever - this one didn't even last 9 months. Also, found the maximum volume was not very loud and couldn't be heard over the sound of a kettle boiling which is very different to the Pure radio it replaced ( which incidentally, is still going strong and which I changed simply because I fancied a station "push button" model ).
p.s. Roberts customer service very unhelpful, Amazon absolutely fantastic as usual and have got a complete refund.
on 2 January 2014
Excellent product. Works perfectly. Easy to use controls. As well as the normal digital memory it has 5 buttons to memorise the most used channels.
on 15 February 2013
reception was very poor. I have other DAB radios that work perfectly fine, but this one wasn't good. I wouldn't recommend buying it

See one answered question