on 11 May 2011
The size of the tablet you intend to use is crucial as plastic clips hold the tablet in place and these have no adjustment, they give a little but not much. The outer case is solid and fairly well made, it won't probably save your tablet if you regularly drop it but will protect it from daily wear and tear. The keyboard is really neat, tiny but very useable compared to typing on the screen. The connector is a standard size USB plug, maybe the other reviews received a different case? Android recognised the keyboard right away and allowed it to take over without problem. If like most tablets yours has mini USB inputs then you will need an adaptor, my tablet came with one so everything plugged and played. Only one drawback, with the keyboard plugged in but the case closed a mess of cables is left hanging out the side, very vulnerable to damage and snapping the USB port - the keyboard has to be unplugged each time you fold the case closed, a right angled plug would be a good solution but I can't grumble at this price.
on 3 April 2013
I thought this must be too good to be true! Was delivered very promptly, before time but, didn't come with the stilus as advertised. From the original description, I was unsure whether a micro USB adapter came with it or not so purchased one in case. Now I see some reviewers have received it and others haven't. My older children thought the keyboard was brilliant and were thinking of getting their own, until we connected it to my tablet..... and couldn' get it to work at all! We tried different tablets and cables and even connected directly to a laptop using the USB but, after no response we concluded it was busted! Lack of instructions added to the frustration, so, will be returning it; which is a shame as I could be using it to write a positive review, with more ease than I have had writing this without a keyboard!
on 12 September 2012
does exactely whats its supposed to. plugged it into my tablet and it worked straight away, holds the tablet securely and is strong and robust, very very pleased with it, quick delivery to.
on 31 August 2012
Well.....for just under £7 it's a steal !!!.....

This is a cracking little keyboard and my Tabtronics M009S recognised it straight away.....plug and play !

Word of warning......this keyboard has a standard usb connector not a mini usb...my tablet came with the correct adapter lead so wasn't a problem.
There have been numerous reviews stating that the tablet will/can slip out of the end when the case is closed, the single spring loaded clip at the top is moveable to fit the tablet but to overcome the problem of the tablet from sliding out i purchased a silicone sleeve which does the job perfectly of holding the tab in place within the clips..........http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B008I6XGAE/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00

The keys are short press type and have a good solid feel to them, altogether it's a good little keyboard/case combo.

When the keyboard is plugged in, the device recognises it and 'wakes' up....if you put the device to sleep it will wake up every 5 mins or so if the keyboard is left plugged in.

Overall this is a worthwhile addition to a tablet.....i would have given this a full 5 stars but 4 stars it will be..the reasons are......

1.....the clips should have had a rubber sleeve around them to grasp the tablet properly to stop it from sliding out.

2.....the stand should have a rubber strip at the end to prevent it from sliding when placed on a smooth tabletop.

I have had no regrets purchasing this item and would reccomend it to anyone with a similar 7" Tab.
on 10 April 2013
It does not work and the key board does not connect .I will be sending it back.It was a gift for my son and fortunately it was so bad that he saw the funny side of it!
on 19 March 2013
Well!! first of all no stylus pen as in description, and no instructions for use. There is a short adaptor for my mini usb port, but this was loose in the packing box and nearly got thrown away.

It makes my otherwise light notepad feel heavy. Don't think I will be using this much - should have known better really - get what you pay for and this was cheap. No idea what the extra bundle was - as it was missing!!

Update 21/3/13 - returned the item to Amazon today.
on 22 February 2013
This is a keyboard and folder which connects via a USB plug. This can protrude when closed and looks less than ideal for neatness. For the price it is ideal: robust case in faux leather and does what it says. However, the keyboard in not standard UK (although QWERTY), I think probably US, with various symbols not quite where you expect them and no £ (British pound) symbol.

The keys are small and rather too light and anyone with big fingers will find this difficult and annoying. But then, you probably will not be writing long reports, rather just looking up something or replying to emails. You still need to touch the screen for certain : functions: the keyboard does not replace everything and if you need to use the tablet vertically, the keyboard is no help at all.

I paid about £7 but you can find the same thing at double that and a similar product would be double again elsewhere. So all in all, 4 stars for value and utility, But don't expect perfection at this price.
on 2 May 2013
I really like this product but i cant get it to work I have a kindle fire hd tablet and got this so that i can write emails quicker. I have tried different cables etc and nothing. I have just recieved a mini micro adapter which was a suggested buy with it but no joy. Does anyone know whether i can use this with a kindle fire hd tablet or not? and if so what do i need to get to get it to work? confused.
on 16 May 2013
When I bought my 7 inch this was recomended to be bought with it, so I bought this item which has a full sized USB plug on it to fit into a mini USB on my 7 inch not so good but the stylus pen has not been seen. Nor I suspect will it be even thou I was promised it would appear. Very unhappy customer.
on 26 August 2012
I bought this case to protect my replacement tablet after I found out the first tablet wasn't guaranteed to bounce off the floor more than once... Regard the keyboard as a bonus, the case alone is worth it! Plugged in the keyboard - worked perfectly and comfortable to use. Ignore the other comments about the full size USB connector, all the mini keyboards I've seen have this - a nuisance maybe, but not the end of the world. The clips are metal and adjustable and the top one is actually spring-loaded so should grip any sized 7" tablet case. The magnetic clasp and stand work surprisingly well. I've never been this impressed by a product/price/delivery before. Well done GadgetpoolUK, this one's a winner.