5.0 out of 5 stars great american tv series
This is a great buy for anyone who loved the series and wanted to see it again especially without the adverts Its well worth buying and the picture is much better than it was on the tv.
Published on 27 Jun 2009 by Kindle Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars I hate to drop stars for Nikita but...
This series contains the mother of all plot holes which has the effect of reducing the quality of the series as a whole.

I am of course referring to the last three episodes and the utterly risible 'It came from Four"

Published 12 months ago by Raven tales

5.0 out of 5 stars great american tv series, 27 Jun 2009

3.0 out of 5 stars I hate to drop stars for Nikita but..., 8 Sep 2013
Raven tales (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: La Femme Nikita: Complete Fourth Season [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC] (DVD)

Now all fans of LFN know that the show was screwed by the network, that it shifted to a wrestling channel and that the writers altered in mid season 3. In the main, this did not hurt the show too much, however in season four, massive logic cracks appear. Off the top of my head:

1. Nikita giving info to Red Cell - with no lead in.
2. Nikita being a three season long mole for Mr Jones.
3. I don't think I need to mention telekinetic kids in any great detail.

Nikita was a great show, it was dark, uncompromising but gripping all at once. I didn't want a 'happy' ending, I wanted one that made sense.

The idea that Nikita has been working for centre since season 2 is a ludicrous one. She was out and only got dragged back in because of Red Cell locating her. (I'm not buying the excuse that Mr Jones found her - she was classed as dead. I don't think she went back for Michael, but she knew that Section knew she was alive)

I would have preferred Mr Jones saving her only to face the same review that had been ordered for all of section. (after all, with what Operations and Madeline had been doing with oversight and George and the order to find out dirt on Mr Jones) There were more than enough plotted reasons for the review. (It was stupid written and a rehash of season 2's finale)

With the finale in mind, why would Nikita have sold out to Red Cell, only to go back to Section? Made eff all sense.

I can understand the anger of fans at the time and I will watch the last 8 episodes to see if they slap some bandages on this gaping hole of an ending. La Femme Nikita was always one of my favourite shows and the writers slapped me in the face with this one. I don't want her going off into the sunset (that wouldn't have fitted the show) but I would have liked some logic or at the very least something that made sense.

This series would have been worth 5 stars but it loses 2 because the writers seriously dropped the ball.