5.0 out of 5 stars Must Have Kitchen Aid
We suffered for years in our household with hit and miss egg timers or sheer guesswork with the result that often as not we were left with underdone or hard boiled eggs.

I was a bit sceptical about this device, but it really does deliver exactly what it promises and we get the eggs exactly how we like them every time.

We found that living in a hard...
Published on 18 Nov 2010 by Brett H

3.0 out of 5 stars Not perfect - but good
I wouldn't agree with the markers but certainly once you realise to under cook you can indeed get a nice soft boiled egg.
Published 3 months ago by Mrs MW

5.0 out of 5 stars Must Have Kitchen Aid, 18 Nov 2010
Brett H "pentangle" (Brighton) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Ashley Pop In Magic Colour Changing Perfect Boiled Egg Timer

We found that living in a hard water area, the timer acquired a film over the surface after a while which made it hard to read. However, this was easily removed by wetting it and then rubbing hard with a glass cloth.

One tip is to take the pan off the stove just before it reaches the chosen mark. Whilst you are fiddling around getting the toast and/or egg cups and/or tea ready the eggs continue to cook in the hot water and end up just right. Even if you take them out of the water they will be very hot and will continue to harden up until you eat them, so bear this in mind if you are not immediately going to tuck into breakfast.

5.0 out of 5 stars Eggscellent, 14 Nov 2011
Discerning - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Groan. Yes, it is true that I seem unable to boil an egg to either my own or anyone else's satisfaction. "Too soft." "Too hard." Never fear, the panacea is here. It came instruction-less but I boiled the water and popped in an egg straight from the fridge and this thing. It has a flat base so it doesn't roll about with your eggs. It became evident how it worked - the colour changes from the outside in, giving you an actual representation of how your egg is cooking along with the guide printed on it. The lines are odd and I don't see why it couldn't be a series of ovals but never mind, it works. An egg cooked eggsactly to order!! A good stocking filler for a pedantic egg-eater.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple but works very well., 2 Oct 2011
A. Taylor "farheadingley" (Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
Keep this where you keep your eggs, for me in the fridge, thus the device is at the temperature of the eggs and you get a perfect egg every time, hard, medium or soft.

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't live with out it., 22 May 2013
Perfect little gadget for a cheap price. Gives me perfect soft boiled eggs every time. I recommend this egg timer to everyone!

5.0 out of 5 stars ... what it says and I find it invaluable for perfect eggs. This is the third of these gadgets ..., 21 July 2014
C. Brown (Cumbria, UK) - See all my reviews
Does just what it says and I find it invaluable for perfect eggs. This is the third of these gadgets I have had over the past few years; they last for ages and only need to be replaced when the boiling water eventually seeps into the seal around the edge. I find these much easier to use than a conventional egg timer and get a good result every time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 9 July 2014
I can cook my eggs perfectly now without wondering whether they are done. Brill.

5.0 out of 5 stars great price, 6 July 2014
Fab product, great price x

5.0 out of 5 stars Egg perfection, 20 Jun 2014
This was bought for my son who never thought his eggs were cooked until they had almost boiled dry. Wonderful!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 14 Jun 2014
Brilliant absolulety love it! Use it every morning for my dippy eggs! Definitely recommend to everyone who loves having perfect dippy eggs!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Boiled Eggs, 13 Jun 2014
Got this as I kept boiling my eggs to long . Since getting this Wee Gadget my eggs are done every time to the way I like them :)