5.0 out of 5 stars Must Have Kitchen Aid
We suffered for years in our household with hit and miss egg timers or sheer guesswork with the result that often as not we were left with underdone or hard boiled eggs.

I was a bit sceptical about this device, but it really does deliver exactly what it promises and we get the eggs exactly how we like them every time.

We found that living in a hard...
Published on 18 Nov. 2010 by Brett H

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Idea, but I have to say it doesn't ...
I bought this item as I can never seem to get a boiled egg cooked to perfection. Great Idea, but I have to say it doesn't work perfectly, the first time I tried it I did it to medium and there was no yolk to dip my egg in, it was very much hard boiled!! Second attempt was more successful but I have to say it didn't take away my boiled egg stress haha.
Published 5 months ago by Sarah Arthur

5.0 out of 5 stars Must Have Kitchen Aid, 18 Nov. 2010
Brett H (Brighton) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Ashley Pop In Magic Colour Changing Perfect Boiled Egg Timer

We found that living in a hard water area, the timer acquired a film over the surface after a while which made it hard to read. However, this was easily removed by wetting it and then rubbing hard with a glass cloth.

One tip is to take the pan off the stove just before it reaches the chosen mark. Whilst you are fiddling around getting the toast and/or egg cups and/or tea ready the eggs continue to cook in the hot water and end up just right. Even if you take them out of the water they will be very hot and will continue to harden up until you eat them, so bear this in mind if you are not immediately going to tuck into breakfast.

5.0 out of 5 stars Eggscellent, 14 Nov. 2011
Discerning - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Groan. Yes, it is true that I seem unable to boil an egg to either my own or anyone else's satisfaction. "Too soft." "Too hard." Never fear, the panacea is here. It came instruction-less but I boiled the water and popped in an egg straight from the fridge and this thing. It has a flat base so it doesn't roll about with your eggs. It became evident how it worked - the colour changes from the outside in, giving you an actual representation of how your egg is cooking along with the guide printed on it. The lines are odd and I don't see why it couldn't be a series of ovals but never mind, it works. An egg cooked eggsactly to order!! A good stocking filler for a pedantic egg-eater.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple but works very well., 2 Oct. 2011
A. Taylor "farheadingley" (Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
Keep this where you keep your eggs, for me in the fridge, thus the device is at the temperature of the eggs and you get a perfect egg every time, hard, medium or soft.

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't live with out it., 22 May 2013
Perfect little gadget for a cheap price. Gives me perfect soft boiled eggs every time. I recommend this egg timer to everyone!

5.0 out of 5 stars Must-have egg boiling hardness gauge thing, 16 Jan. 2015
Excellent. My wife loves boiled eggs (unlike me) and uses this regularly with great results (or so she tells me). Her egg boiling arsenal also features a particular egg slicer styled after a chicken. Between them they have provided many years of loyal sandwich and salad garnish production of a superior quality. Bank manager be damned, invest and enjoy. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 9 July 2014
I can cook my eggs perfectly now without wondering whether they are done. Brill.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ashley pop in magic egg timer, 19 Jan. 2013
i gave this product a five star rating because its one of the handiest things i have ever bought, you will have heard the expression, she cant even boil an egg, well that definitely applied to me, i can cook nice meals and make delicious cakes but when it comes to boiling an egg i can either tip them down the sink they are so runny or use them as a golf ball they are so hard so i hadn't had a boiled egg for years, now i get a perfect one every time, i took a tip from one of the reviews written about this product when i bought mine and that person said to leave the timer in the fridge on top of the egg box so they are both at the same temperature before going into the pan, it works for me !!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect eggs, every time., 27 Jan. 2014
Bought this simply because it's so cheap, I like my boiled eggs, but however I hard I try I cannot get the eggs the way I want them. so I tried this, and guess what, it works! However as reported by others, it doesn't half stink of burning plastic, I expect this will wear off with use, the only other gripe is, that it's a little difficult to "read" the display when it's bouncing around in the boiling water, so you'll want to keep a spoon handy to lift it out a little, especially in low light, but if you want your eggs just so, buy one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect eggs every time., 17 Sept. 2013
I originally bought this product as a joke present for my other half not realising how useful it was going to be. First things first I love eggs but I am shocking at cooking them right. I prefer to poach eggs (in poach pods) and use this egg timer to get them absolutely spot on. As soon as the first bubble appears in the pan I drop the egg timer in and wait until it is at the medium consistency - approx 3 mins. This creates perfectly cooked egg whites which are runny in the centre. Perfect eggs every time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!!, 5 Jun. 2014
Excellent product, really needed a gadget like this as I never can tell when eggs are ready and I hate if the aren't completely hard boiled.