4.0 out of 5 stars Very good.
Published 23 months ago by Steve Eldredge

2.0 out of 5 stars Way over-priced.
I was really looking forward to adding this sensor to my Bicycle GPS app called Cyclemeter. I then saw the price of the sensor and was disgusted. I could buy a whole Bicycle Computer for the price including a sensor. The most I'd pay for the little sensor is £15 maximum. Price is extortion, then posting and packaging. No thank you.
Published on 18 Jan. 2012 by Mikey

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good., 27 May 2013
This review is from: Wahoo Fitness Premium Speed Cadence - Black (Old Version) (Sports)
No disrespect meant but ignore the previous "review" from someone who's never used the product. I bought this recently and it's been almost flawless. Price-wise it's competitive. Installation was very straightforward and the thing paired immediately with my Samsung Galaxy S3 running the iPbike app. I'm using the Suunto Movestick mini ant+ adaptor to receive the ant+ data into my phone.
Nothing is perfect however, and this package is let down by the quality of the spoke magnet. It's the convential screw-down type, but the magnet holder section is metal, and it screws into a piece of plastic to provide the clamping force. When mine arrived the female thread in the plastic part was already stripped so I couldn't tighten the magnet onto the spoke. I found another which came with a cheap Aldi bike computer. This one is all plastic and works perfectly. No biggie as I intend to use some Sugru" to attach the speed and cadence magnets once I'm happy with their locations. I don't like the plastic zip ties.
All in all I'm very pleased and am ordering another one to use on my old bike with the turbo trainer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 14 Jun. 2013
I bought this to replace the Garmin sensor that died after being used through the winter; a known problem with the Garmin unit according to the internet! The Wahoo unit works perfectly with my Edge 500 and appears to be better sealed the the Garmin equivalent. I've only been using it for about 3 months but it's been perfect so far: I'll buy another for my singlespeed when the autumn comes.

4.0 out of 5 stars Key sensors for road cycling and training, 18 Aug. 2013
Would have preferred the single speed and cadence sensors but it is apparently no longer sold by the distributor so went for this duo. Works very well once you have got the sensors and magnetics aligned and close together. The Garmin sensors work well even when set up loosely but these are fine

4.0 out of 5 stars great device, 13 Nov. 2013
Hugo Pinto "Il Dotore Ago" (Porto,Portugal) - See all my reviews
truly accurate and connecting with any ANT+ device easily.
The only downside was that the battery was already dead when I received it, which means that the sellers didm't have the care to make sure it was charged.
other than that great device has I told.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 24 Nov. 2013
Quick delivery, works flawlessly with iPhone and now with Garmin 500.
I love having all that data to review to monitor improvement etc

2.0 out of 5 stars Way over-priced., 18 Jan. 2012