5.0 out of 5 stars When disaster struck - this stuff saved the day!
Clothes. I hate them. I'm not one of these people who spends loads of money on the latest season's offerings, buying a new outfit every week. I find it hard to find stuff I like, and when I do, I tend to wear it to death.

Published on 17 Nov. 2011 by The Truth

2.0 out of 5 stars The dye did work very well but only on the ...
The dye did work very well but only on the trim of the covers I wanted to dye. Did not work at all on the material.
Published 1 month ago by Helen M.

5.0 out of 5 stars When disaster struck - this stuff saved the day!, 17 Nov. 2011
The Truth "How it is" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Dylon Wash and Dye Velvet Black 350 g (Pack of 4) (Grocery)

So, as someone who only has a few garms that they absolutely love and live in, imagine my panic when my very coolest 'pulling top' got left in the window because I was too lazy to hang it up (read hadn't had a date in a while) and - shock horror - faded!

My coolest of cool, black Supreme Being jumper, faded right down the back and was totally ruined... Or was it?

On a quick trip to Fenwicks in a last ditch attempt to save it, I was told to try this stuff by an old grannie in the haberdashery department, and boy wash she bang on the money!

It's totally fool proof - you just whack a pack directly into the drum of your washing machine and turn it on. It's exactly what a clueless, single 30 something guy like me needed.

Now my top is back to black and I'm out on the town trying my luck with the ladies again! It was effortles, it worked a charm and got me great results... unlike my chat-up lines.

To sum up, if you have something you want to dye, I can fully recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dylon Wash & Dye., 13 Jan. 2012
Mary "Mary" (Edinburgh Scotland) - See all my reviews
Great value. & turned my old towels into brand new. & a great price for the 4 pkt. Much cheaper than buying a single box.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for dying sofas!, 8 Nov. 2011
We used eight packs and dyed our naff-coloured sofa and now have a very swish looking sofa! Make sure you weight your material carefully beforehand.
This was much easier to use than the other dylon packs. I didn't have to wash the material first (although I did anyway) and I didn't have to faff about adding salt. Highly recommended!!

5.0 out of 5 stars great. no machine necessary., 14 May 2013
Fantastic dyes.
I went ahead without using a machine and just used a big plastic tub. (had friends warn me about these dyes ruining parts of the machine.)
Adopted the instructions from another dye I've used. Instructions were to stir CONSTANTLY for 30-60 min in order to achieve smooth results with no patches.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dye, 9 Mar. 2013
The product arrived on time was as described will do the job that I require the product was also great value for money

5.0 out of 5 stars so easy, 22 Sept. 2012
This is so much easier to use than the previous version that needed salt, I still wash the garment first and if the fabric can stand it use a 60 degree wash. Its worth making sure the drum is completely dry before you start and always make sure all the powder goes through the holes in the drum, if you don't it can come out patchy, This is much better than buying the packs individually they are usually £6.50 each on the high street, its brilliant for re dyeing faded black clothes and I have bought so many weird coloured clothes in sales then transformed them with this, Its worth wiping over the seal of the machine afterwards with bleach and putting the machine on a hot wash with powder and bleach to rinse it out.

5.0 out of 5 stars defo worth the money, 25 Aug. 2012
Bleech stains? Faded not 2 worry this stuff is awsum I had dowts at first thought there was no way off gettin the bleech out of my trousers and I did not expect it 2 but thought ill give it a try iv got nothin 2 lose except I gained bran new lookin clothes again n no sight of any bleech PERFECT 100% recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect every time, 26 April 2012
fab stuff, really handy. no need to pre-wash your fabric with this one, wish they made it all the colours! doesn't affect your washer, no need to add salt, it works well every time (provided you are dying an appropriate fabric that is) and the colour lasts very well wash after wash. I have been dying things for years using dylon, they are great. I even tie-dye using this, for great results on little tops, etc. I often buy a garment I like in a duff colour, knowing I can then dye it. it's also good to "cocktail" shades, mixing different colours for effect, and this can look great on patterned fabric, especially one that has a pale print - this resists the dye and can look great. make your clothes unique, or refresh what you have worn to death!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, really easy to use, 18 July 2014
Great product, really easy to use, no mess, no salt and its very effective indeed. I have re-dyed several pairs of black jeans, trousers, tshirts even jumpers. It also brilliant for towels. Couldn't recommend it enough

5.0 out of 5 stars Dyed is the new black., 7 Dec. 2014
I used the old version of this product a few years ago and so glad I bought it. Will definitely buy it again and recommend it.