4.0 out of 5 stars Very good value.
My alarms came very quickly. They were well packaged(2 in a 2 pack as stated!!) and supplied with working batteries. Easy to install, easy to use, easy to maintain. I bought the alarm to keep my escape artist toddler son in and they work well for warning me that he's done it again! It is louder than expected which can only be good for an alarm system.
Only slight...
Published on 20 Nov 2011 by chickidee

KINGAVON WINDOW ALARMS: I bought 3 twin packets of these. So had 6 alarms to fit. So far, one would not work at all. The magnets of two had to be re-sited. Two alarms keep giving off clicking noises. One would not work at all. So though they seem cheap it is a waste of money.

KINGAVON WIND-UP TORCHES: Bought two packets of three of these at 10.00 per...
Published 10 months ago by sw11

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good value., 20 Nov 2011
This review is from: Kingavon BB-DC101 Door and Window Entry Alarm (DIY & Tools)
Only slight downside is there is no delay to allow you to slip outside without switching it off or having the alarm going but I knew this before I bought it.

1.0 out of 5 stars KINGAVON - who is the manufacturer of these rubbish products ?, 1 Sep 2013

KINGAVON WIND-UP TORCHES: Bought two packets of three of these at 10.00 per pkt. One set was a gift, and one set for my family to use. The wind-up mechanism ceased functioning within weeks of purchase and these are now useless.

KINGAVON - I cannot find who is the MANUFACTURER of KINGAVON products so that I can complain to them for a waste of a total of 20.00 for 2 pkts of their wind-up torches, plus these window alarms I bought.

Following my experience of KINGAVON window alarms and KINGAVON wind-up torches, I shall now steer clear of any product labelled KINGAVON.

Incidentally I bought wind-up torches from Wilkinsons, High Street stores, about 5 years ago at 3.99 each, and these still work today and have never once failed. They are excellent. I bought the KINGAVON ones online because I was unwell and could not get out to the shops to a Wilkinson store to buy the ones Wilkinson sells.

5.0 out of 5 stars reliable and efficient contact alarm, 26 Jun 2011
i purchased 2 magnetic door/window alarms which are about 6 cm long. the alarms have a detection range to the contact mechanism of 2cm to 3cm so once that's exceeded it will make the alarm sound at what i believe is 100 db. This noise will only stop if the alarm is either switched off or it re alligns with the contact mechanism.

This contact alarm does work and i trust its ability to do its designed purpose 100%. Ive tested it and feel a great deal of reassurance that should someone get past my locks that the contact alarm will sound and buy me time while my 2 door chains hold off the intruder.

I simply cannot relate to the other product reviews. in response to the false alarms from annother reviewer i believe the battery's where possibly about to die which would halt the contact process. i recomend stocking up on 1.5v ag13 batteries which are very cheap. This is the other thing that got me interested in the product, its cheap to maintain.

I highly recommend this product and if people buy it then i advise people to try to get the contact mechanism pretty close to the detection device as it will increase sensitivity to the magnetic contact and the batteries shouldn't be drained unreasonably quick.

2.0 out of 5 stars Magnetic window or door entry alarm set, 16 Sep 2013
I was not satisfied with this product as it was not suitable to use on most modern uPVC doors and I needed to find another alarm to replace it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Small alarm, 7 Jun 2012
I bought four pairs of this item. They were delivered within three working days, well ahead of the estimated date. Have tried out only two yet. They are quite small in size. I expected the items to be much louder when triggered. They also use three LR44 button cells which have quite low capacity and are not cheap to buy unless one gets them from websites like 7dayshop.com where they still cost about 35p each. I expected them to use AAA batteries with much longer life. All in all, they do warn when triggered but are not really loud enough to scare away a burglar.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good alarm., 26 Jun 2014
Simple to operate but effective on the shed windows. Easy to install on a prone window so now peace of mind that the alarm will activate if somebody tries to get in.

1.0 out of 5 stars Anybody Come in ive got nothing to stop you.., 5 Jun 2014
Broke after 1 day & the batterys were FLAT left in the ON position when posted (thats dangerous if it got lost batterys leak?) anyway im disabled so il stand the loss. I did email to say your ad was misleading i thought it was 2 i put my number down & zero communication. No instuctions as the package had bin cut in half. I dnt usually do reviews but im fedup of being ignored by the Mr KA-CHING'S, your not the only one, not the 1st & deffo not the last!! No need..
Sorry
plz have a good day (0_0)/")

1.0 out of 5 stars poor product, 9 May 2014
neither of the products worked. cheap rubbish. I didn't expect much for the price but they should at least have worked

3.0 out of 5 stars Very good for the price, 30 April 2014
They didn't work when they arrived but I changed the battery's and they work fine, for the money they are very good. They are very sticky and they work great. I got the battery's in the pound shop so not too expensive to change. If the battery's worked I'd give them 5 stars.

3.0 out of 5 stars Faulty, only one worked, 24 April 2014
not the sellers fault and for the price, I am happy as I only wanted the one unit anyway.
remember this comes sealed in plastic from the factory.. the seller cannot check them for working and take the same gamble as we do when buying cheap goods.. they serve my purpose and am happy with the seller..