5.0 out of 5 stars Milo is great! tasty and good for you, awesome :), 16 Oct 2012
Celticprincess "What you send out, comes back... (Scotland, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Nestle Milo Energy Cocoa Powder Drink 200 g (Pack of 6) (Grocery)
Many years ago my hubby mentioned this to me, but he couldn't remember its name. A week or so ago he was reading a novel and its name was mentioned. Milo! I told him I had never heard of it and what was so nice about it. He told me that as I loved the malt of Horlicks and adored chocolate (especially hot chocolate) I would simply love Milo, if only we could find some. It was over 20 years ago he had last had some and that was sent to him from an army mate who was over living in New Zealand.

I told him I'd search the internet to see if I could maybe send for some from New Zealand and he said that Amazon probably sold it, I seemed to buy everything else from them! (*Grin* I do as well) so, I tried Amazon and here it was! wow! He was so pleased. I ordered it right away.

It came the morning that I was due to get a dental implant (nasty, painful procedure that involved a hammer and a chisel, 14 deep, heavy strokes that shook my head to the skull but eventually he implanted the titanium implant *ouch*) I came home from the surgery feeling very sorry for myself, weak and in pain with a swollen face where the dentist had been at me. Milo was waiting, all 6 tubs of it.

Hubby had told me it was GOOD FOR YOU, rich in vitamins and minerals and they used it in the army when out on exercise for warmth, energy and nourishment. I opened a tub and spooned 4tsp into a large mug then poured on boiling water. The tub suggests you use milk, but hubby told me the armed forces loved this just with water out in the wild, so I followed his instruction. It was delicious! and in not needing milk it made it easier to make (no heating milk in the pan or microwave) and reduced its calorific content. My advice? make it with water most of the time, for a rich treat every now and again, make it with milk.

It was weird, I had felt like cr*p when I came back from the dentist, after drinking a mug of this I felt better within about 15 minutes. The warmth and soothing-ness of the hot Milo reduced my pain and my mood lifted immediately (all those B vitamins!) I felt better! I didn't drink any more tea for the rest of that night, I drank another 3 mugs of Milo throughout the rest of the evening. I went to sleep and slept like a baby and my mouth was not giving me stress or pain any more. Why it relieved my pain I do not know but I know this: its delicious, its like a combination of Horlicks and Hot Chocolate, its cheap to make if you use water, easy to make if you use water and quick to make.

I WILL be always buying this from now on - as an aside, this is going to be great taking a tin out when we go out hiking as it will fit in backpack easily and I can make it with my Kelly Kettle. Perfect for campers, hikers, hill-walkers or poorly people who have suffered the horror of a dental implant.

Thanks Amazon for stocking and delivering something to me that my hubby has wanted to drink again since we met but he couldn't find any. Awesome!

5.0 out of 5 stars Found at last!, 1 Sep 2011
Having been asked by a friend to search for Milo, (which is one of the few things that Tesco does not sell!!) I was delighted to find it at Amazon. My order arrived extremely promptly and I now have a very happy friend! Once again, Amazon comes up trumps!

5.0 out of 5 stars Really old fashioned and tasty drink, 1 Mar 2013
John W Pennell (Norfolk, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
The silly thing is that different size packs of the same product don't move the product reviews across.

The most comparable product on the market is Ovaltine which is now so finely ground that pinching a spoonful from the tin is not much fun. This is super crunchy by the spoonful and goes VERY WELL on ice cream as a topping - oh and it does make an awfully good drink as well a sort of cross between a Horlicks and a hot chocolate

A super product brought to your door by the supermarket in the sky

5.0 out of 5 stars A good night drink, 18 Feb 2013
Was extremely pleased with this. I had it when I was a lot younger and tasted it again in Australia last year.Anyone who has difficulty sleeping may like to try this drink.

5.0 out of 5 stars good value, 6 Sep 2011
Good efficient transaction. Easier than buying from supermarket which is 5 miles away. Haven't used Milo for years until I noticed it here.

5.0 out of 5 stars happy to receive the package, 10 Mar 2014
thank you amazon, this is a favourite drink with my son and can no longer find it in Spain. Do not think the 6 tins are going to last very long!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best!, 3 Nov 2013
Drank this during my childhood in Kenya. Loved it and was delighted to be able to get it on amazon for my own family. They love it too. This brand is produced in Kenya......some of the other milo brands are produced in other parts of the world. I have to be biased, but this one is the best. You will become addicted and bonus it has added vitamins. Enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 25 Oct 2013
I love this stuff, as an Aussie in the UK i have found that little things like this really help keep spirits high.