5.0 out of 5 stars Essential noggin protection
Having seen the sequelae of many head injuries through my work, I really can't stress how important a good helmet is for children and adults alike.

Published 5 months ago by Tan y ddraig

1.0 out of 5 stars Nowhere in the description for this helmet is there any ...
Nowhere in the description for this helmet is there any age liit, but on the packaging itself is says not to use it for a child under 5. This restriction needs to be clearly stated in the info in the listing, so one can learn about it before one buys the product.
Published 1 month ago by schmee

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential noggin protection, 25 Oct. 2014
Tan y ddraig (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

I have bought several of these helmets for my children to wear whilst bombing around on their bikes & scooters over the last couple of years and they have undoubtedly been worth the investment in their safety. Two occasions spring to mind where a potentially serious head injury could have occurred through freak accidents and although they don't protect the facial area they do a stirling job on rear & side protection of the skull.

They're not the lightest helmets on the market but neither are they the heaviest and offer better protection than some of the novelty helmets available from the big film sponsors like Disney. They have good adjustable strap securing systems and decent ventilation whilst offering a huge range of funky colours. My girls picked the matt pink ones whilst the lad went for a shiny blue one that he absolutely loves. The sizing guide is spot on and the helmets come with spare pads inside which is a thoughtful touch.

In my opinion they represent superb value for money, although this isn't really a factor that should colour your decision on buying the best protection for your child's noggin.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's exactly what I was hoping for!, 23 Oct. 2013
After spending some time trying on helmets on well known cycle shops I realised that this kind of helmets look way too big on my head...although I tried size 'Small'. Quite disappointed as I was but still loving this shape I didn't want to go for the common style cycle helmets. So I thought I would give it a last chance, and I am so glad I did with this one! This helmet is perfect! Great value for money (the similar shape ones in the cycle shops are much more expensive..), looks sturdy and will last for years but the most important fits my head! I didn't find any 'XS' size helmet in the shops and since I am only 5'3'' this size is perfect! Plus super fast delivery and a great range of colours!!! I would definitely recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 30 Jun. 2011
Bought this helmet with a set of pads for my 10 year old son as he had bought a monutian board. The helmet is well made and looks good, it has spare pads and is easily adjusted. Its been used in anger a few times and no complaints. Good value for money for someone who wants a safe product for their child.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good product, 20 Jun. 2013
Good helmet and well made. Fits slightly bigger than indicated. Does the job and looks good. 8 year old daughter loved it.

4.0 out of 5 stars A bit big for my 4 year old, but he will grow into it., 3 Nov. 2013
Great looking helmet. Good quality. A bit big for my 4 year old, but he will grow into it. His head measured 53cm. The helmet looks big on his head but it doesn't wobble around too much.

1.0 out of 5 stars Nowhere in the description for this helmet is there any ..., 8 Feb. 2015

5.0 out of 5 stars Boys cycle helmet, 3 Jan. 2014
My son loves the union jack design and the helmet fitted snugly on his head. He is at the upper end of the size range but the helmet fits perfectly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy customer, 7 Jan. 2012
Good quality helmet. Easily adjustable - fits son well. He is happy to wear this down the skate park - looks cool & keeps him safe.

4.0 out of 5 stars great funky helmet, 21 Feb. 2014
My 7yo sons love these. I would have given 5stars, however I had measured my boys heads and ordered according to instructions - when the helmets arrived they really are too big and they should have had a smaller size. Be careful and order small!! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Product, 25 Dec. 2011
Really pleased with product and service. Lots of stickers to customise. Son is very happy so are we. Fits really well and looks like it will offer great protection.

SFR Essentials Skate/Scooter/BMX Helmet