5.0 out of 5 stars Essential noggin protection
Having seen the sequelae of many head injuries through my work, I really can't stress how important a good helmet is for children and adults alike.

Published 1 month ago by Tan y ddraig

2.0 out of 5 stars Helmet that was provided did not match the suggested sizing
I ordered a Black with Silver Fleck version of this helmet in the 53-56cm size, having twice measured the head size as recommended to determine that 53cm was correct. When the helmet arrived it already had the maximum padding installed but it was still far too large to fit properly. According to the label it was the 53-56cm version but my suspicion is that it had been...
Published 11 months ago by Edward Lynch

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential noggin protection, 25 Oct 2014
Tan y ddraig (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

I have bought several of these helmets for my children to wear whilst bombing around on their bikes & scooters over the last couple of years and they have undoubtedly been worth the investment in their safety. Two occasions spring to mind where a potentially serious head injury could have occurred through freak accidents and although they don't protect the facial area they do a stirling job on rear & side protection of the skull.

They're not the lightest helmets on the market but neither are they the heaviest and offer better protection than some of the novelty helmets available from the big film sponsors like Disney. They have good adjustable strap securing systems and decent ventilation whilst offering a huge range of funky colours. My girls picked the matt pink ones whilst the lad went for a shiny blue one that he absolutely loves. The sizing guide is spot on and the helmets come with spare pads inside which is a thoughtful touch.

In my opinion they represent superb value for money, although this isn't really a factor that should colour your decision on buying the best protection for your child's noggin.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's exactly what I was hoping for!, 23 Oct 2013
After spending some time trying on helmets on well known cycle shops I realised that this kind of helmets look way too big on my head...although I tried size 'Small'. Quite disappointed as I was but still loving this shape I didn't want to go for the common style cycle helmets. So I thought I would give it a last chance, and I am so glad I did with this one! This helmet is perfect! Great value for money (the similar shape ones in the cycle shops are much more expensive..), looks sturdy and will last for years but the most important fits my head! I didn't find any 'XS' size helmet in the shops and since I am only 5'3'' this size is perfect! Plus super fast delivery and a great range of colours!!! I would definitely recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 30 Jun 2011
Bought this helmet with a set of pads for my 10 year old son as he had bought a monutian board. The helmet is well made and looks good, it has spare pads and is easily adjusted. Its been used in anger a few times and no complaints. Good value for money for someone who wants a safe product for their child.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great looking alternative to cycle helmets for kids, 7 April 2014
My kids are at the age when they take an interest in bikes and scooters which would be fine except that unlike when I was a kid there are loads of helmets to choose from to protect their fragile heads.
I tried the cyclist helmets but I just couldn't see them being effective with their protruding ledges and their poncy aerodynamic shape. Then I saw some kids on skateboards wearing proper helmets, helmets that look like they would protect your head and I'd be lying if I said their shape didn't remind me of paratrooper helmets.
From then on it was an easy decision which ones to buy...Kate's Skates had a good price and the right colour scheme. The helmets arrived in days and were well packed. I feel a lot more relaxed now when I take the kids out.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good product, 20 Jun 2013
Good helmet and well made. Fits slightly bigger than indicated. Does the job and looks good. 8 year old daughter loved it.

4.0 out of 5 stars A bit big for my 4 year old, but he will grow into it., 3 Nov 2013
Great looking helmet. Good quality. A bit big for my 4 year old, but he will grow into it. His head measured 53cm. The helmet looks big on his head but it doesn't wobble around too much.

5.0 out of 5 stars Boys cycle helmet, 3 Jan 2014
My son loves the union jack design and the helmet fitted snugly on his head. He is at the upper end of the size range but the helmet fits perfectly.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says in the tin, 10 Feb 2013
Slightly large fit for my head, worried the size down would be too small, but the inclusion if extra pads soon sorted that out.
Was used to the polystyrene style mountain biking helmet before, this one is not quite as lightweight, but not noticeably more.
Extra cover at back of head compared to previous, so overall, for the dozen or so times I have used, very happy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy customer, 7 Jan 2012
Good quality helmet. Easily adjustable - fits son well. He is happy to wear this down the skate park - looks cool & keeps him safe.

4.0 out of 5 stars great funky helmet, 21 Feb 2014
My 7yo sons love these. I would have given 5stars, however I had measured my boys heads and ordered according to instructions - when the helmets arrived they really are too big and they should have had a smaller size. Be careful and order small!! :)

SFR Essentials Skate/Scooter/BMX Helmet