4.0 out of 5 stars Cheap Knog Frog copies...but ok.
I bought these for my sons bike. I use a very similar looking product on my own bike called 'Knog Frogs' which are excellent, but much more expensive.

These are a lot cheaper but the design isn't quite as good....which i'll get to.

Published on 14 May 2013 by Scale70

3.0 out of 5 stars More for being seen than seeing where you're going.
These are small easy to carry around with you lights but lack illumination. If cycling down a dark unlit road or track these will not help your visibility at all, you basically have no lights. But what these are good for is highlighting you to other road and track users, allowing them to be aware that you are there, even if you cant see them, they're aware of you.
Published 13 months ago by msprigster

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheap Knog Frog copies...but ok., 14 May 2013
Scale70 (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: SPORT DIRECT SLMS6 Mini Silicone LED Light Set, Black (Sports)

I like the double LEDs on these (Knogs only have one) which give off a perfectly decent brightness - not enough to see by, but good enough to be SEEN, which is what these are for. I like the various flashing patterns too. The batteries are well sealed up and seem waterproof. The silicone material seems pretty decent quality too, although the strap seems a little bit thin when stretched around something wide like a seat post. Time will tell.

My problem with them though (hence minus one star) is the little clear hook for the strap - it's not bendy. On my Knog frogs the strap and hook parts are both bendy and therefore bend beautifully around whatever you attach them too. On these the solid hook means that they don't quite hold on as tight in some places as i'd like them too. Perhaps not a huge deal, but the design just isn't quite as nice.

But for the price I paid (under a fiver) they seem great value and i'd buy again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent! Great value!, 2 Dec. 2013
Ian C (Dublin, Ireland) - See all my reviews
Not much to it really. They are a set of front and rear cycle lights, though they are so light and easy to fit and remove that you could use them for a number of situations to be honest.

They are very small with two super bright LED's on each and are operated with a simple click of the switch mounted on the top of each light. Press once for a solid, always-on beam of light. Twice for a straightforward blinking light and three times for a strobe effect. Personally I prefer the strobe effect for use on my cycle as it appears to command a bit more attention which primarily is what you are looking for!

They are very easy to fit, and remove. Simply place the light where you want it and stretch the band around your handlebar or seat post and clip to fit. Job done literally in seconds.

I would have given these 5 stars, however these lights are not really suitable for cycling off-road where you would want to see where you are going. They do provide a lot of light, but mainly seem designed for attracting attention. If you need to see where you are going as well as be seen, then these may not be for you. As a device for ensuring you are seen while cycling on lit roads at night, then for the money these little gems are really hard to beat.

4.0 out of 5 stars All you need to be seen, 4 Dec. 2012
Chris Wall "Chris W" (Hayling Island, Hants) - See all my reviews
Bright, work well and good value for money. Obviously if you need to see rather than be seen they are not bright enough

5.0 out of 5 stars Life savers!!, 16 Nov. 2012
Melvyn Frost (Yorkshire, England) - See all my reviews
Brilliant ( literally) piece of kit. Small but very bright and easily attached to bike or helmet. I already have led rear lights on all my bikes but these can be seen from a long way away and really grab the eye in strobe mode.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good little light for extra visibility, 12 April 2015
Really good little lights, so far. They are obviously not bright enough for lighting the way, but that's not what they are for! When I get off my bike and need to lock up, they are bright enough to see by then, like a small headtorch. I do feel much more visible with them on.

The buttons are easy to find and press, even with gloves on - you just press anywhere on top and there's a good tactile "click" when you do it.

The rubber case seems very flexible and I was worried I wouldn't be able to get the straps around my helmet's vents, but they seem fine. Time will tell if the rubber perishes and they fall off, but they look fine now. I'm also unsure about the seal - the hole on the underside where the circuit board module squeezes out for battery changes seems like it might allow water in, and there is no conformal coating or other protection on the PCB inside, but hopefully someone did the homework and water doesn't make its way in for underneath!

Haven't changed the batteries yet, but they have already gone some weeks.

Five stars for the price, brightness and ease of use, will re-review in future if they fall apart!

3.0 out of 5 stars More for being seen than seeing where you're going., 4 April 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent! Make a huge difference to seeing cyclists if attached to helmet., 15 Mar. 2014
Since the cycle to work scheme started we have seen many take to their bikes and some are properly dressed. My husband took to it too, which made me nervous and I decked him out in every hi-viz cycling item on the market. Recently I noticed a cyclist with helmet lights and was amazed what a difference it made to visibility of the cyclist as it adds lights at a different level to the bike lights. A quick search found these particular lights which we have now attached to his helmet. You might have to be a bit creative with attachment depending on the helmet but you can lengthen the rubber loops with a bit of string if necessary (we didn't need to).
The back light had to be attached to the back adjusting band on the hat but still shows up clearly even though it points down a little.
Recommend these as extra safety. They are very bright and strap on easily. Ordering more for the rest of us.

5.0 out of 5 stars Early verdict: Much better than more expensive lights, 13 Nov. 2014
I have had these for a couple of days only. But I like them. The leds are really bright, and I particularly like how these fit into the aeration holes of my bicycle helmet. They do not stick out like my previous light, but rather, look like the light is embedded in the helmet itself. Much brighter than my previous light. There are two blinking modes, too.

I have not used these in rain, but the lights are covered by a rubber cover. So I do not anticipate problems there. Another possible issue that I have no experience as yet is battery life, but I expect no problems. Will revise if problems arise.

The lights are attached by a rubber band loop. Fits snugly in my helmet at least.

Overall a good product -- and the low price makes this a no-brainer choice.

4.0 out of 5 stars Ideal flashers for the Brompton but maybe not 'helmet lights', 14 April 2013
C. J. Snodin "Bookman" (Ealing UK) - See all my reviews
I bought two sets of these for the Brompton folding bike. The two red flashers sit just below and above the fixed red light on the rear seat post and the two white flashers sit either side of the fixed white light on the handle bars. They are extremely bright and obviously more than small enough not to need to be removed when folding. A month on and they are still working fine.

However there is no way that I can attach them to my helmet because of the thickness/angle of the ribbing. They might fit yours but do not rely on it.

I am also concerned that many other cyclists now seem to be relying on a pair of small flashers as their only lights because that is extremely dangerous.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sports Direct TM Bike Cycle Helmet Maega Mini TM, 11 Oct. 2013
Overall a good product. Well packaged and delivered within time safely to correct specification. Don't agree that they are simple to fit to helmets. Certainly took a bit of playing around on mine, but did get there in the end with some adjustments. None the less now pointing in the direction chosen, giving added visibility, mainly for other drivers. I personally wouldn't use them as my only lights. Like the rubber casing for the batteries & easy accessibility. Now just waiting to see that they do remain waterproof and battery life is as long as stated in the guide, as I don't wish to have to be taking them on and off my bike helmet or buying new batteries too frequently.