5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I wanted
Published on 26 Aug 2012 by Someone

3.0 out of 5 stars 2 pin plug / low buz
Item was delivered promptly, the build quality and the sound quality is good for the price range.

Only 2 small issues

There is a constant low buzz emanating from the sub woofer and the plug only has 2 pins.
Published 22 months ago by Jonathan Gulliver

3.0 out of 5 stars 2 pin plug / low buz, 21 Jan 2013
This review is from: Edifier M1380 2.1 Multimedia Audio Speaker System (Accessory)

Only 2 small issues

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit disappointing, 28 Jun 2012
Being well into music, I gave these an audition in PC World along with various other PC speaker set-ups, taking my ipod into the store and spending around 30 minutes unplugging leads etc. much to the annoyance of staff and other customers ;-) It's the only way to do it - you've got to audition with your own ears with your own music. By and large I listen to House music, Broken Beats/Nu-Jazz and some rock and indie thrown in. I was pretty pleased with the sound in the store - the clincher being that they were half price - so bought two sets...one for my bedroom, the others for my PC. I excitedly opened the box and the unit looks pretty neat and 'clean-lined'. All a bit plasticky but hey, what do you expect? Some speakers cost thousands... Set it all up - even getting the positioning right for decent imaging. Connected up ipod and stood in exactly the right places.... ah, not so good. I think my problem is I'm judging them against my old Trust 2.1 speaker/sub set-up which also cost around £40 and sound absolutely fantastic (my car audio system is some £2K's worth so I am pretty fussy). A big problem with this Edifier M1380 is the sub just can't go anywhere near low enough to begin to represent how certain songs were intended, but the BIGGEST problem is just that, overall, the sound is very 'thinned out' and not warm or enriching enough. Ironically, they do sound pretty good with rock music but it was only when I started to go through the soulful House stuff they were shown up. If you like your bass, don't bother with these. The treble is fairly gentile and faithful but the mids are lacking. To summarise - 'MEH!'. I wish the volume control on my Trusts wasn't worn out! I'm going to plump for the latest well-reviewed Trust 2.1 £50 set instead. If you've got a bit more money, go for the Harman Kardon Soundsticks because I've got them elsewhere in the house and for £100 they're fantastic. Good luck.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I wanted, 26 Aug 2012
I was looking for the cheapest speakers with quality sound to use at work. I checked the reviews of about 20 speakers and decided to buy Edifier Life Style E1100 as it had the best review. Before I order it I decided to pop round my local PC WORLD to check it out first. It was okay but I saw this one next to it and tried them both. This was twice as loud, much sweeter and clearer sound even at the loudest level, good size and the price was the same. The remote is unusual and cute. I definitely prefer this one over others in relation to the make and price. It is what I wanted ordered on from Amazon. Excellent overall.

4.0 out of 5 stars Stylish speakers, 26 Feb 2014
I like its form; meaning the shape and the fact it has a separate wired volume adjuster, though the sound quality didn't amaze.
Not to say it isn't good quality. Nice long wires for the speakers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 3 Oct 2014
I ordered the speakers yeaterday and it has already arrived! Great set of speakers and the sound quality is brilliant! Can go very loud and is overall a brilliant product! Well worth the money spent!

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb Sound - Superb Value!, 29 Sep 2012
T. Coleman "TAV" (UK - LONDON) - See all my reviews
Highly recommended! And VERY rare.

I have mine going through my TV - Perfect for movies and the PS3.

Get them while you can!