5.0 out of 5 stars My first road bike shoes, 17 Aug 2012
These are my first set of road bike shoes so I can't compare against other products. I have used them nearly every day for last two months, they feel very secure when fastened and even when I'm pulling as hard as I can on a hill climb, I never feel like they are going to fail me. I'm a size 10 and the fit is perfect. They are obviously not recommended for walking in, but I have the Spd-sl cleats and bought a pair of rubber cleat covers which as well as protecting the cleat also allow me to walk around my local supermarket with no issues at all. The clasp with which you tighten the shoes can be placed in two positions and as I have skinny ankles I found it better to move this to the lower position.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for money, good quality, 30 April 2012
Excellent shoes. Comfortable and a great fit. The straps secure my feet well and there is plenty of ventilation. Work well with Shimano 105 pedals and cleats. Some people have commented that walking in road shoes is extremely difficult due to the stiff soles. In actual fact the cleats make walking in these a breeze (I wouldn't go hiking in them mind, but they're fine for walking 150 yards or so to/from the office)
For £50 these shoes are a steal.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, near faultless product, 18 April 2013
The Guardian (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)
These are excellent cycling shoes: stiff-soled, comfortable and with plenty of adjustment via a ratchet and a couple of Velcro straps. They also look great and are well-ventilated for those hot summer days.

The shoes are designed to work with Shimano 105 pedals & cleats, but will in fact work with any suitable pedals and design of cleat. If you've never used this type of shoe/pedal combination while cycling before, there's a number of advantages:

* Because your shoes are attached to the pedals, you pull the crank up on the upstroke whilst simultaneously pushing down with the other foot on the downstroke so you get a more efficient return from the energy expended - meaning you can ride faster and tackle hills with less effort

* Provided you set them up right (get professional assistance if needed) your foot is always in the optimum position (ball of foot over pedal), so your ride is more comfortable and efficient

There's a couple of drawbacks though:

1. Remember you must release the cleat from the pedal (by twisting it sideways) when you stop i.e. at a road junction, or your feet will stay in the pedals and over you'll tumble. Practice this a few times before you go out for the first time

2. These shoes ain't made for walking, and although they're OK for short distances the cleats make any extended walking awkward; another issue is that you'll wear the cleats out more quickly by walking in them

For the price these Shimano SH-R087W shoes are a steal. You'll pay a lot more to save a few grams in weight and get additional stiffness in the sole, but unless you have money to spare this middle-market is where the value is.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable, 29 April 2012
Bought these shoes recently am normally a size 10 ordered 10.5 cause they didn't have a 10 and they are a nice fit.
Very comfortable shoe and great value arrived within a couple of days, purchased these with SHIMANO R540 SPD-SL Road Pedals
great combination if your looking for shoes and pedals look no further than these.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money, 25 Nov 2014
Solid pair of cycling shoes as you would expect from Shimano. Had these for nearly 2 years now and they are still holding up. They are fairly comfy and and I have used them frequently on 50 mile rides. Not as much padding inside as some of the more expensive brands but they certainly haven't caused me to get any blisters etc.

One comment would be the plastic on the soles is quite soft, when I first tried to attach the cleats I hadn't tightened the screws in all the way as I expected to need to make adjustments, I clipped in to my pedals and then couldn't get the shoe back off the pedal as the cleat was just twisting on the plastic. Hasn't caused any long term issues and doesn't impair the use. Just a consideration for those of you that might need to walk a distance in these shoes once your ride is over.

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Shoes, 18 July 2013
Very comfortable shoe, easy to get on and off and ratchet strap style top strap is exelent idea. Only down side is you have to buy the adaptor to fit the "SPD" style cleats.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 23 Mar 2013
Great shoes, very comfy and look awesome. The service was decent and I would recommend to anyone on a budget.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Decent Cycling Shoe, 14 Mar 2013
Pleased with these. Comfortable with plenty of adjustment the ratchet system for tightening around the ankle area is great. Enables adjustment for just the right amount of tightness. Based on other review comments I ordered one size bigger than my normal shoe size and the fit is good so would add my recommendation to that idea. I have given these 4 stars because they are new and I have only used them once if they are not falling to bits after a decent amount of use then 5 stars would be in order. However so far so good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Cycle Shoes, 27 Feb 2013
A quality product that I use to commute with. Nice and light but also sturdy. The straps help keep your feet secure and are reasonably water resistant.

5.0 out of 5 stars r087 shoes, 26 Dec 2012
my first pair of cycling shoes and i'm very impressed with the superb quality of these shoes, they fit perfect.i ordered a uk size 9 (eur 44) which fit perfectly...you feel like the bike is part of you when your wearing these babies.