5.0 out of 5 stars Great shoes, great price
Published on 22 April 2011 by T. Watson

3.0 out of 5 stars Well made, but with absolutely no weather protection.
These shoes are very well made, I have done over 1000 miles with them now and they are holding up well. The fit is pretty tight and I really would like to go one bigger. They are long enough but very narrow. This isn't a problem I normally experience with 'normal' shoes. I had to wear them quite a bit to get them to 'expand' to get any comfort from them.

My...
Published 21 months ago by Mr. A. J. Fleming

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shoes, great price, 22 April 2011
T. Watson "Tez Watson" (Forres, Moray, Scotland) - See all my reviews
I was swithering about buying cycling shoes as they are often quite pricey and felt that a good trainer would suffice and offer more flexibility of use. However, I spotted these shoes and decided to make a purchase then delayed again during which time the price dropped further and I did not hesitate. Been out two or three times already and they are so comfortable, the fibre glass stiffener in the sole increases the pedalling efficiency.Shimano Men's Mt33 Cycling Shoe

5.0 out of 5 stars A good buy, 14 Oct 2013
This review is from: Shimano Men's Mt33 Cycling Shoe (Apparel)
I wanted a shoe what would not look out of place when off my bike and these just look like normal trainers. I wore them for an all day shopping trip on foot and while not the most comfy trainers to walk on they were no way uncomfortable (and we walked around, and around, and around, some number of shops!) So while not the choice for a day's hiking, they certainly passed the "normal" part.

On the bike they were good, able to do up tight. I ordered a size slightly bigger than normal but probably would had been ok with not doing that. Saying that, the extra half size is not a problem.

As others have said, your feet may get cold, I could feel the cold air just about and think on a cold wet day it would be wise to wear thicker socks. Mind you, on a warm day, it will be most welcome.

3.0 out of 5 stars Well made, but with absolutely no weather protection., 25 Mar 2013
This review is from: Shimano Men's Mt33 Cycling Shoe (Apparel)

My gripe with the shoes is the weather protection. They do not advertise weather protection and they are clearly not meant to be 'cosy'. The problem is that every cycle my feet get absolutely freezing cold from the wind or rain. To say these shoes are not waterproof is an understatement. If it even looks like raining these shoes will be drenched by the end of the ride. I have dried them out every single time I have cycled in the wet. This is at least a testament to sturdy build quality that they have survived this.

Considering these are mountain bike shoes I just expect a little better on the weather protection front. I have mainly used them on road, I am not sure I would dare take them on any muddy UK paths!
I have tried these with Neoprene weather covers and they were a bit better but they are clearly designed for warmer climates than ours. I have also tried them with 'sealskinz' socks. Whilst the socks keep out the water, because of the tight fit my feet get cold from circulation getting reduced! Not the fault of the manufacturer at all but annoying for me nonetheless.

If you want a pair of cheap spd shoes for the warm weather then I 100% recommend these shoes, but bear in mind they are narrow. If you commute in all weather like I do - forget it. You need something warmer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best value-money balance!, 6 Dec 2011
Hi everybody.I'm an XC rider,I take place in marathon,endurance and epic XC races.I needed something tough and comfort,because when ridding a bike for 5-6 hours non-stop racing you need to be comfortable. I managed to try this ride and they are brilliant!

First of all,when installing the cleats,be careful not to tighten the screws too much not to hurt them.It's easy to install the cleats,just remove the base which the screws hold and place the cleats.I use them with crank brothers eggbeaters and they work together perfect!I used the crank brothers cleats screws and not the shoes screws.If doing that,be careful because if the screws are too long,you're gonna injure the inner shoe (and so your foot...)!

As most of the other writers claimed,you have to order one size number bigger than your everyday shoes.I have a 45 EU size foot so i ordered the 46 EU - 10,5 UK size and fits perfect!

They are pretty comfortable on mountainwalking when needed,too!The only disadvantage,which is not very noticeable,is their big weight,but that's because they are mountainbike and not roadbike shoes,and because the downside is very tough for best power transfer to the pedal.

This is a very good choice for beginners, XC fans, and ever pro's. I recommend them to everyone!

5.0 out of 5 stars shimano MT33 cycling shoe, 15 May 2014
Nice looking cycling shoe im a size 9 all day long but i ordered a 9.5 uk as recommended by other reviewers and they were a perfect fit i do think going a full size higher would of been too big.I bought these because i was getting cramp in my feet and thought the harder sole may help prevent this happening after a cycle ride.I didnt find the shoes overly narrow they fitted like normal trainers and they are good for driving a car, and walking in these trainers is ok but your foot slightly sea sores as you walk im not sure what happens if you use these for regular walking and wear the soles down, do the screws underneath start rubbing on the floor i will take mine out if that happens as i use regular pedals.I do recommend these trainers im really happy with them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Quality Cycling Shoe, 18 Mar 2013
Excellent quality cycling shoe at an excellent price- pay attention to all the advice & info about sizing and you should get a nice fitting pair. These have massively reduce my foot strain. Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good shoes, 25 Feb 2012
Excellent shoes, seem pretty well made and work perfectly well. Overall I am very happy with this purchase and would recommend them.."..

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent shoe, 18 Mar 2011
This is my first pair of cycling shoes and have to say very comfortable and hard wearing. Have used for various cycling activities and have so far performed well stopping the old sliding foot, smack in shin with a pedal issue.

Not much more you can really say about a pair of shoes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Shimana bike shoe, 8 May 2011
Considerations prior to purchase were price and size.
I am very pleased with the purchased shoes. They are comfortable to wear, on and off the bike.
The price was very good too.

1.0 out of 5 stars Kids Shoe Sizes only, 5 Nov 2014
This review is from: Shimano Men's Mt33 Cycling Shoe (Apparel)
This comment is only intended for AMAZON staff as the sizes available are only UK 4 & 5 - Perhaps an error or other sizes out of stick!?

Shimano Men's Mt33 Cycling Shoe