5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant
Published on 27 Jan 2011 by Rowhedge

3.0 out of 5 stars MBDTF
Not an overly great fan of the genre, this CD stands out as being at least one of the best. I should give it 3.5 stars, but that's not possible .
Published 1 month ago by Hans Westerlaken

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 27 Jan 2011
Rowhedge (Liverpool, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy (Audio CD)
I read reviews of this album before I bought it which said that it was a masterpiece - I can't disagree with that. I know that Kanye West can be his own worst enemy sometimes, but this time the boy done good. The stand-out tracks for me are 'Runaway' and 'Gorgeous', but really there are no turkeys here. I have barely stopped listening to it since I got it. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm now a fan!, 6 Feb 2011
Mr. B. White "geordieno1" (walker, Newcastle) - See all my reviews
I'm usually listening to rock and pop but thought I'd try listening to some hip-hop - and so plumped for this album after reading an intriguing review in Mojo magazine.
I can only describe this album as outstandingly bizzare.
It has some quite beautiful passages of music in it and effortlessly floats along track after track.
Gorgeous harmonies, and amongst all the wonderful bass lines a free prog rock sound bite (21st century Schizoid Man) thrown in for good measure which made me chuckle.
I just can't fault this higgledy piggledy album. I love it.
I'm now a fan and intend to buy Mr West's back catalogue.
I recommend this album to everyone, especially rock fans like me!

5.0 out of 5 stars An undeniable masterpiece, 31 Mar 2012
Kenneth (nottingham, england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy (Audio CD)
It was difficult to keep track of all the hyperbole following the release of this album, with some deeming it the Kid A of the 2010's and others calling it a picasso like masterwork and lets not forget the perfect 10.0 it received from everyones favourite music site pitchfork media. Not being the worlds biggest Kanye fan i was dismisssive of all the hype, assuming the critics had so heavily backed Mr West's pretentiously titled album as an attempt to remain relevant with younger music fans. But that didn't account for the amount of love that was coming from the blogosphere and when my brother (less of a Kanye fan than me) said he'd listened to it and claimed it to be "suprisingy good", i knew i had to take the plunge.

My first spin didn't leave me speechless, but i couldn't deny the obvious quality of the album. The songs were exciting, unpredictable, heck effervescent even, I had a few gripes about some of the audacious orchestral arrangements and some of the lyrical conceit but on the whole i filed it under very good and promptly moved onto listening to nicolas jaar's Space Is Only Noise (the first great record of 2011). A year passed and i revisited a few albums i'd been impressed with but hadn't found the time to immediately listen to again and after playing Halcyon Digest by Deerhunter for the third time i was convinced it was the standout record of 2010. But it suddenly occured to me that i'd overlooked a little known egoist from chicago who's album i'd conveniently chose to avoid listening to since last year, claiming it's excellent production was the only reason i probably enjoyed it in retrospect and i was convinced i wouldn't be dazzled by it a second time round, i enventually played it again a fortnight ago just to make sure ...

Well i've now been officially humbled! it sounded better now than it did when i initially played it, so much so that i had to listen a third time to see just how great it was and the experience was almost magical. The entrancing quiet storm of Devil In A New Dress, the delightful piano motif in Runaway, the collective reverie of Lost In The World, it all sounded great now. No caveats, no disclaimers all the twists and turns featured on this album feel expertly crafted even the Chris Rock skit on blame game feels transcendant. I had to check the personnel kanye enlisted to see who was involved in the making of this daringly ambitious album. I wasn't suprised to see a treasure trove of big name producers behind this RZA, No I.D, Jeff bhasker, but the decision to bring in Bon Iver and Elton John was completely unexpected and wholly inspired.

The highlights were never ending with this beast! Nicki Minaj's schizoid verse on Monster, the gorgeous strings and piano interlude before All Of the Lights, the spoken word poetry of Gil Scott Herron on "Who Will Survive in America". The richness of the tones, the varition in moods make this a thrilling listen from start to finish. If you haven't already realised i'm unashamedly doing one hell of a U-turn on this guy i can't reccommend this album highly enough. I was so impressed by My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy i promptly revisited earlier works like The College Dropout and Late Registration to see if they were much better than i remembered too. They were in case you were wondering, but neither have a patch on this MBDTF. In my opinion it's the undisputed pinnacle of 21st century Hip Hop and it's unlikely to topped by anyone (Kanye included) anytime soon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Music great....language strong!!, 10 Feb 2011
This review is from: My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy (Audio CD)
I read some very complimentary reviews from newspaper jounalists about this album so decided to buy it. The lyrics may shock - certainly not for the children - but the music's great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic Album!, 6 Jan 2011
This is one of those albums which you can listen to from beginning to end... 100 times! The sounds Kanye West has produced on this album are amazing, unique and opulent. My favourite song is 'Devil in a New Dress' and the collaboration with Rick Ross makes this song even better. This album is a must buy!

4.0 out of 5 stars Kanye is Back on Form!, 28 Jun 2011
This review is from: My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy (Audio CD)
Despite his controversial "808S & Heartbreaks" days, I never doubted the musical and lyrical genius that is the one and only Kanye West.
As a big fan of his trademark sampling of Mowtown soul classics that he made his imprint on the music industry with his albums "The College Dropout" (2004) "Late Registration" (2005) and "Graduation" (2007), I am so glad he has encoorperated this on this album, however it still sounds fresh.
The lyrics are meaningful, the motifs are catchy, and the music is stirring - a beautiful masterpiece!
My favourite trakcs are "Devil in A New Dress", "Blame Game" and of course "All of the Lights". Of course with any album there are less memorable tracks but if he keeps up this standard, I can't wait for the next album.

5.0 out of 5 stars His Beautiful Dark Twisted Masterpiece, 6 April 2011
This review is from: My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy (Audio CD)
For me this is Kanye West's Magnum Opus. It may be over produced and excessively vulgar but it represents West's most personal and darkest offering. Add to that some high calibre guest talent, some serious beats and brilliantly inventive lyrics you get one hell of an album. Like the artist, beautifully flawed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Album of the Year, 1 Dec 2010
D. Diep - See all my reviews
This is Kanye back on form! Each and every track has been crafted with such care and detail, it is ridiculous. I utterly respect the perfection he feels he must go through in order to get everything sounding just right. This album has no weak tracks or filler, it is that good! My favourites are Power (lovely piano bride adds to the production), Runaway (haunting and beautiful), So Appalled (the beat is too good), Monster (Nicki Minaj obviously kills this, and the beat is amazing as well) and All of the Lights (just jaw-dropping).

YOU HAVE TO GET THIS ALBUM EVEN IF YOU DON'T LIKE KANYE!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, 3 Jan 2014
Brilliantly packaged, works well and came in very impressive time despite it coming at christmas and from america. Brilliant album! Definitely Kanye west's best!

5.0 out of 5 stars Pixelated Cover, 1 Jun 2013
Not the real front cover which is a shame. The album and film are perfect but if you want the real front cover showing the pheonix and kanye, then dont buy this one.

My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy by Kanye West (Audio CD - 2010)