on 29 October 2010
Not being a Chelsea fan but having a keen interest in Italian Football (Calcio) I thought I'd have a read. Whether Carlo has written this or has been greatly helped by his 'Ghost' ..this is by far one of the best and at times most humorous football autobiograhies I've read. Carlito's (sic) his name throughout is a great racontour and is equally happy laughing at himself as taking the michael out of others.
On a more serious note being a qualified Football Coach myself I was curious to find out any of his ideas and reasons for success, although this is by no means a coaching manual (and doesn't pretend to be !) Carlo's depth of knowlege and vision is well covered .
It's nice to read an autobiography that you feel has been written by it's author and also has a level of intelligence and humour often missing in many other similar books...whether a Chelsae fan (Chelsea is hardly mentioned...maybe the next instalment), fan of Italian football or just after a really entertaining read..I'd recommend this book everytime !!
on 7 November 2010
AN INTERESTING FUN READ, CARLO ANCELOTTI IS A BRIGHT MAN WITH A WONDERFUL SENSE OF HUMOR.
on 29 November 2011
This Book is great.You get an insight into a brilliant Football Manager,he was also a player.I purchased this as I am a BIG Chelsea fan and I was not Dissapointed.I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys a good autobiography..It is easy to read and a book that you can just read when you get a few minuets to yourself.This would make an ideal christmas present.
on 8 May 2015
This is one of the best written biographies of a sportsmen I have read. (And I have read a lot)
It is very funny, poignant and gives you a real depth and insight in Ancelotti's personality, his dry humour and love of food and his way of handling soccer players.
Well Ghosted by Alessandro Alciato
on 19 October 2010
I bought this following a good review in the Sunday Times. It is a bit different than other sports biographies. The food references can be tedious. You get to like Ancelotti but this is a light fluffy type read. Ideal to receive as a present but dont pay too much for it
on 3 March 2011
Being a life long Chelsea fan I was given this as a Christmas gift. It is such a fabulous and funny read - had me laughing out loud on numerous occasions. Highly recommend this for anybody interested in football.
on 11 December 2014
Too many references to Italian personalities & events without sufficient explanation for English readers. Passion for food gains more description than tactics or training schemes.
on 15 December 2013
A fantastic insight into one of footballs most underrated managers. This book is fully with wit, charm and knowledge. A must have for any football fanatic!
on 14 April 2016
The stars above should indicate whether I was happy or not
on 6 December 2014
Not what I expected from paper review.