Format: Audio Download|Change
Price:£21.35

on 14 April 2013
We enjoyed her shows when we lived in California in the 80s and I bought this after we watched Julie & Julia a few weeks ago.
My wife loved it and that's good enough for me.
on 13 August 2009
Growing up I remember watching Julia Child on her TV show "The French Chef" and feeling her passion and enthusiasm jump out from the TV set into the bed where I lay curled up with my older sisters. We were in awe of her spirit, humor and carefree cooking style while executing gourmet french meals. Little did I know then, how much I would continue to find inspiration from Julia's life.

I read Julia's book awhile ago and was thrilled to hear of a movie being made from her memoirs, so I picked up the book again and reread bits here and there. I find true inspiration in how she lived her life, doing what she loved to do, with excitement and wonder in her teaching and cooking, mastering them as best she could. Her insatiable appetite for learning recipes in the world of french cooking and in life itself was awesome. I especially enjoy her quote at the end of the book that goes "And thinking back on it now reminds me that the pleasures of the table, and of life, are infinite - toujours bon appetit."

If you are looking for a recipe on how to have your life be magical and brilliant, I highly recommend two authors, who are also true inspirations to me, Ariel and Shya Kane. The Kane's works including books, "Working on Yourself Doesn't Work: The 3 Simple Ideas That Will Instantaneously Transform Your Life", "Being Here: Modern Day Tales of Enlightenment" and "How to Create a Magical Relationship: The 3 Simple Ideas that Will Instantaneously Transform Your Love Life" along with their internet talk radio show "Being Here" are all easy and practical recipes for you to create your own life feast. Ahh life bounties are infinite as Julia has written and all yours for the taking with folks like the Kanes & Julia to show the way.
on 8 October 2015
Wonderful! A terrific read. What a splendid woman, and her lovely husband, she was. Obviously a bit of a monster and didn't suffer fools gladly but what a character.
on 30 May 2014
and her falling in love with French food and her journey learning how to cook it.

Frustrating that some of the fascinating photos are not captioned.
on 13 January 2013
I love this book. I had seen the movie first, which is where I first heard about Julia Child. This is a beautifully told story of her time living in France.
on 13 August 2013
love this book but then I just adore Julia Child, would defo recommend this book to anyone that is interested in cooking, Julia child or even just france!
on 12 March 2013
Really enjoyed the book, such a lovely insight into Julia Child's time in France & beyond. Anyone with an interest in her cooking would love it
on 12 April 2016
Funny, full of great food, with amusing and moving stories. Julia was an amazing woman, and this book offers a rather touching insight.
on 23 July 2013
This was so pleasant to read...couldn't put it down. What innocent courage Ms Child had. And what a memory. So glad I read it.
on 29 August 2013
I loved the film and story and wanted more. Really interesting book. I would recommend. Lose yourself in a fascinating life.