5.0 out of 5 stars Best Queen Related Re-Issue - Ever!
I first bought this album as a 12 year old back in 1988 on cassette. I wore that out. I bought it again on CD when it was issued on Hollywood Records label in the USA on import. I bought it AGAIN when the Freddie Solo Collection 10CD box set came out and I have now bought it again in this Special Edition 4-Disc Set that has, in my mind, made what was an excellent album...
Published on 6 Sept. 2012 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting Variations on Freddie Mercury Pieces
Note - This Review is for Barcelona Special Edition CD Only

As a journalist who has closely followed both Queen and Freddie Mercury's career paths I was extremely eager to hear this new release.

So how do I rate it?

Mixed feelings really.

Even before I had listened to the album I was rather underwhelmed by the artwork...
Published on 14 Sept. 2012 by james

‹ Previous | 1 2 320 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars It was brilliant - BUY IT!, 2 Feb. 2013
I had seen documentary on TV and after the way Freddie Mercury spoke about the album and they way he obviously adored Montserrat Caballé so much I just had to buy it. When I got it was one of a very few albums that made my skin tingle on almost every single track; you cannot fail to be moved by this music and the vocals or you have NO soul at all. That comes from a complete heathen that most of my friends say has no little or no regard for music and dance at all. I so pity the reviewer that criticised the aesthetics of the printed label on the CD label when the music inside is so beautiful, they really need to get a life!

5.0 out of 5 stars Barcelona, 30 Jan. 2013
D. H. White (Norfolk, England) - See all my reviews
A great item that was delivered quickly and in great condition. The cd gives a really interesting in to Mercury's search for a musical genre that was more than his trademark rock.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 6 Jan. 2013
I just love it, I have the original CD, but this is even better. What a pitty Freddy didn't do this first time round

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the wait!, 2 Jan. 2013
Mr. A. N. Brown (Dundee, Scotland.) - See all my reviews
The diference between this version and the original is awesome. Have a full orchestra backing both singers is just unbelievable, especially with volume!
For those who collect Queen or Freddie Mercury this is a must have.

5.0 out of 5 stars great buy, 27 Nov. 2012
fantastic, allways on my player, missus getting a bit sick of me singing along to it. well worth the money

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit disppointed, 23 Nov. 2012
Peter Partington (Durham UK) - See all my reviews
I saw the TV feature on Freddie Mercury in which 'Barcelona' was re-composed with a full orchestra. This was the prime reason for buying this CD. What a disappointment when I first played it after a quick delivery. The orchestra sounded 'tinny' and at best a background accompaniment when it should have formed a major part of the production of this fantastic song by Freddie.

I am going back to listening to the original keyboard version which make my hairs stand on end.

3.0 out of 5 stars very much for an aquired taste, 18 Nov. 2012
if you expect to hear the Freddie Mercury of Queen you will be disappointed but if classical is more to your taste you will love it..

3.0 out of 5 stars Barcelona CD, 18 Nov. 2012
Was really looking forward to this arriving and listening to a full orchestra playing with Freddie Mercury, but was disappointed, Freddie was great, but I was not impressed with the orchestral backing, sound quality did not help. I felt it was a bit of a let down.

5.0 out of 5 stars new barcelona, 14 Oct. 2012
This update of orchestration is superb but leaves Freddie and Montserrat plenty of space to do their thing. The extras (videos, remixes, and outtakes) and the book format to house everything with a full colour booklet in the middle has made this a fabulous package that I am very happy to be adding to my music collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 2 July 2014
fabulous

‹ Previous | 1 2 320 | Next ›

Barcelona [12" VINYL]
Barcelona [12" VINYL] by Montserrat Caballe (Vinyl)