on 26 March 2013
When my daugher was about 6 months old, I started offering her water from a doidy cup at each meal. By 11 months old, she could hold the handles and drink from it unassisted. I only put a little water in at a time because she does get excited and starts shaking it or turning it upside down, with water going everywhere. She also likes to put food in it, then fish it out and eat it, which I let her do! I think she feels really good about herself being able to drink on her own. The slanted cup design is great because I think it's a natural tendency for babies to put their faces down in the cup, rather than tilting back, so this way they can still drink from an open cup.
on 5 May 2012
Love this cup - been using it for very diluted juice for my little one at lunchtimes from 6 months old. She's picked up quick how to grasp the handles and tilt towards her (with me holding its base as a guide) and she sips away merrily. More effort in the short term I guess, but I don't want her to get dependent using a bottle or sippy cup. Hoping the patience pays off and she transitions well to normal cup when the time comes. Til then, we'll have to suffer the stares from people when they see her holding such a strange cup, and the extra wet bibs to catch the dribble!
on 1 June 2015
When my little boy wouldn't take drink from a beaker I was at a bit of a loss at what to do. Then I heard about these Doidy cups which have been brilliant to encourage him to drink from a cup- very simple concept but works really well. The only minor downside is that you can't fill them up to take out with you like you could a beaker but it's not too much of a bother and for a child that won't drink from any other cup, it's been fab. Highly recommended.
on 30 January 2014
Daughter loved it straight away (she started with it at 11 months). We first used it in the bath so she could tray to hold it. Then from 12month it became her table cup. she loves that she can drink from a cup that looks like an adult one.
can't put too much water in, tough, or she will make a mess!
After 3 months, she was comfortable to use a real plastic cup and drink mess-free (unless she does want to make a mess, of course)
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 7 October 2011
Although Doidy cups receive rave reviews from most people, they didn't suit my son at all. In fact he didn't master using it until he had got the hang of using a normal cup. He ended up tilting the doidy cup as much as he would tilt a normal one which meant the contents spilled down his front anyway. So before you rush and buy one of these, try using a normal cup with less drink in it.
on 20 March 2013
Rather bizarre-looking "squint" cup, but it works! My 18 month old granddaughter drinks from it without making TOO much mess ... at first. She soon becomes more interested in splashing a spoon in it, or turning it upside down, but that's only to be expected at this age. She IS learning how to hold a cup, an how to drink rather than suck. I would recommend it.
on 13 July 2012
I bought this cup for my daughter when she was 4.5 months old. She is now just over 5 months old and drinks water from it (assisted) and she will even hold one handle. She won't drink from a bottle or sippy cup, but this doidy cup is the only thing she drink from. I would recommend anyone who is starting to wean their little ones onto solids to use one of these
on 11 July 2011
Nice item...arrived quickly and pleased with my purchase...makes it a bit easier for babies to drink from it than a normal beaker, or cup, ... with it being higher one side, they don't have to tip it so far to get their drink!...and sparkly too!...Bickiepegs Doidy Cup - Green Sparkles
on 15 January 2016
This is a great product-my 5 month loves holding it (with my help) and drinking from it. She has been exclusively br-fed and so this is an ideal transition-much more successful than bottles. I also have covered soppy cups for out and about but this one is great for helping her learn coordination.
on 18 March 2012
Bought it for my 7 month old daughter as I've been training her with sippy cup and was reccommended this my a health visitor to try and my little girl loves it shes still learning which can get messy lol buy definately worth the money