Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now

Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Having used Kaspersky for some years it I am of the opinion it scores heavily over its more popular competitors for one very simple reason - its not resource hungry. It will happily operate in the background unnoticed with no discernable impact on PC functionality.

Admittedly a full scan does seem to take an age - many hours in fact, but in normal background mode it really is very good. There is also a quick scan that will take just a few minutes.

It does have some drawbacks however. Customer service is far from perfect. Updates are not always fast or convenient. I recall that windows 7 was released before Kaspersky was able to issue an update compatible with Windows 7. Its password protection element in an earlier version simply was not upadated to be compatible with Firefox updates.

Its also not very consumer friendly - its reports can be fairly meaningless to the non technical minded. Making alterarations to say firewall settings is not at all clear or easy to do.

Overall however its still a winner.
on 20 April 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
When I first installed this, I was asked if I wouldn't mind sending back 'anonymous' data, to help improve the product. I declined, as I always do.

It's isn't overly intrusive, has a well-deserved reputation and has good reviews from Cnet.

However, Trend Titanium is slightly better when it comes to the not being intrusive. (Their 'cloud updates' just make it so easy). Norton 360 v5.0 is also comparable, so I would maybe do a search and see which is the cheapest, at the time of purchase. (Other versions of Norton packages I've used have been resource-hogs, so make sure you check its 360 version)

Kaspersky Pure only seems to check Internet Explorer for vulnerabilities. I hate Explorer, I'm surprised people still use it, to be honest. It's good practice to always check for updates to Adobe Flash, and Firefox, for example. (What happens is - security 'holes' are found, the developers 'patch' those holes to stop bad people doing stuff... but people don't always stay on top of this)

== Do you really need to pay, at all? ==

If you're particularly skint, perhaps you can settle for a free package, like AVG or the one from Microsoft.

Don't let _any_ security package lull you into a false sense of security. Be really careful about the websites you visit, use the Web of Trust plugin (it's a free, community driven project, where people flag up dodgy sites)
on 23 January 2011
Hi,Ihave been using Kaspersky products for years, and think they are the best protection available. For the last few years I've been using the complete security suite, and have not had any security problems at all. I've just started using Kaspersky Pure, and think it's their best ever. I've not had a single problem with it, as it's the best on the market, and can thoroughly recommend it to anyone wanting maximum protection with no fuss, or loss of speed. It's Pure Bliss to use....Dorothy Mac.
VINE VOICEon 27 April 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I've had this software package about a month now so have had a little bit of time to see how it works in practice.

If you're anything like me you have maybe three? four? 'free' programs doing various protection-type things....firewall, spyware, virus etc etc. but the thing I always found confusing was knowing whether what I had was actually protecting me, got annoyed with pestering to buy 'full' products, and constantly remembering to update. I then couldn't remember WHAT I had installed, so ended up downloading more stuff...you get the picture anyway. I'm not very organised when it comes to my computing needs.

The word 'Pure' really appealed to me with this product; I had an instant vision of my computing life being simplified and made easier.

My main reservation about an all-encompassing program like this is whether or not it would slow your system down - but pleased to report I've not had any problems with this specifically. In fact now I've deleted all my bits of 'free' software everything is probably running slightly faster. I am not techy so that is purely subjective. I also like the idea of it being a 1 year subscription so it's long enough to try it and see if you like it without being tied in for a long period.

I found it fairly simple to install, updates seem to happen by themselves and so far am pleased to say that I've not encountered any security based issues...so far so good! I am not one for all the techy add-on stuff that it can do, just want an easy life really and so far that's what I've got! Hope it stays that way ;-)
on 25 March 2012
This is review of 2012 version which you should be getting (listing does not specifically say what version they are selling), or if you get previous version you should be able to upgrade to 2012 from Kasperky site.

I've been using different Norton AV products, including the latest 360 versions (1-5), for over 10 years, but it had to stop. With every new version they seem to become more and more resource-demanding and were slowing down my (not very new) pc to a point that it was impossible to work sometimes, especially when it was doing updates, which were supposed to be made only when pc is idle, but they were actually made at any time they wanted.

So I decided to try Kaspersky, and from 2011 there's been no look back.

Installation and updates can not be smoother, very fast including virus DB update.

It has been running for some time now and is totally invisible, running in the background and not disrupting any processes. What more can you want?

Note: you can install 3 versions on different pcs at any time, not just within a month from 1st installation to make use of them, only the activation date will be counted from the 1st installation, which seems to be fair.

I can not find any faults about this software, and I am quite demanding user. Fully recommended!
on 15 June 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Having tried and used a number of Security applications over the years, I am delighted with Kaspersky Pure, which offers complete protection and peace of mind.

It offers a comprehensive set of applications, including Internet Security/Firewall, Virus protection, Parental Controls, Backup of data etc. Plenty of ways to configure to suit your level of use - i.e. daily updates / scans or at intervals to suit. Plus different levels of scanning. It suits all my needs and runs neatly in the background.

Peace of mind - and good value 3 computer licence too.

Top marks from us.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Kaspersky Pure is the best all-in-one PC security solution I've tried, by comparison the others were clunky and padded-out with poorly implemented utilities I didn't really need. Previously I'd been running Kaspersky's standalone anti-virus solution (with a separate firewall) and as a lean, basic solution it's been really good - but Pure is certainly better.

Pure does seem to slow down startup as it loads and checks everything - including running a background root-kit scan which slows disc access for a little while - so it takes a minute or two until you feel the computer is all yours, but then it settles into the background and you're mostly unaware of it. The interface is really excellent, both logical and slick, although Kaspersky seem to have a habit of presenting the same information in multiple ways, maybe to convince you how competent their system is? As you'd expect from Kaspersky the main elements of the package are comprehensive and cover just about every security concern you might have - and then some. The inbuilt firewall seems to be particularly clued-up about individual apps or services and rarely asks you to authorise or check anything.

The Parental Control section is almost ridiculously comprehensive allowing you to limit or schedule access to the internet or to specific online services (like instant messaging or social networking), to implement content filters or even control individual app's installed on the computer - with options to schedule access on an hour-by-hour basis or to ration the total number of hours allowed per day. You can also implement these controls across your home network to all other family PC's that have Pure installed - so bedtime also means shutdown time. Pure can also generate reports about each user with lists of websites visited and services used. It could be very reassuring if you have very young children - but of course older children will probably hate you for it!

The Encrypted Data option creates and manages encrypted disc images that serve as lockable storage containers for your most private content, accessible only if you know the password. The Password Manager attempts to be a single secure repository for all your online passwords (much like the Keychain on Mac's) and can cope with multiple accounts on each website. It's worth noting that a couple of these tools could act as a 'lock-in' - for example the backup and encryption options might only be usable if you keep paying for Kaspersky's software and so you might have to rescue your data before switching to another security or backup system.

It's also worth noting that some of the extra functionality is available free elsewhere - for example 'CCleaner' makes a great job of clearing out redundant log and cache files and 'TrueCrypt' is a free solution for making encrypted disc images. However to Kaspersky's credit they've gathered up these functions into a very well presented whole and made most features accessible and easy-to-use. Kaspersky also offer Internet Security 2011 as an all-in-one security solution and it's debatable if Pure is worth significant extra cost, there only seem to be a couple of extra tools offered together with the admittedly much better user-interface. However, Pure seems to be aimed at users who want the most comprehensive security but don't want or need to tinker with too many specific settings and, from that point of view, it's all very impressive.
VINE VOICEon 23 June 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Kaspersky deserves its reputation as being one of the most comprehensive security platforms around, and whilst this incarnation isn't a gold medalist in terms of online threat security, it still performs well enough in most areas to put your mind at ease. Pure offers users a coherent and simple interface giving easy and intuitive access to its many features. Parents, for example, will no doubt be pleased with the ability to easily restrict access to certain sites, limiting childrens' access to some of the less salubrious material that is otherwise available on the internet. Whilst boot time is a little slower than I've noticed with past editions, it is by no means excessive compared to many of the competitors also on the market.
on 9 October 2011
I have been using Kaspersky pure now for 2 months, I have found that you dont have to touch it once it has been set up. I have used Bullgard which is rubish, Norton which I scaned every 2 days to get rid of viruses, which it needed as there were allways viruses on it. I have used Bitdefender Which crashed my ststem and I had to do a clean install to get rid of it and will not be using it again. While I have been Using Kaspersky I have had no problems at all. I have not had to scan every 2 days I did at first but it has allways been clear. It is the best that I have ever used, and if it performs like this will continue to use. Keep up the good work Kaspersky.
VINE VOICEon 18 January 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I always highly recommend Kaspersky and this version is as usual what it says on the box - great value - 1 item for all computers in this household - quick to install and seems to have no effect on any of my PC's performances, I've used other brands and the computers have been painfully slow. No problems what so ever, works silently in the background and none of those intrusive pop up messages, it gives you peace of mind that this product is quality and will do it's job and so far I have had no problems whatsoever. The usual value as always, highly recommend, fantastic price.