Format: MP3 DownloadChange
Price:£4.49

on 1 November 2010
I adore Barbra but why on earth do the studios think we need another greatest hits/best of/ultimate collection. I'm not knocking her but as a die hard fan there's nothing new here. Get "The Essential Collection" instead if you don't own any of her albums!
44 comments54 of 58 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 November 2010
I'm Barbra Streisand's biggest fan (who isn't?), but I'm not a fan of this compilation. It is randomly chosen and the songs are not the best selection of her recordings. Of course there are the standout tracks - tracks 1-6 especially - but there are so many other, better, more fitting tracks that could've been chosen. Where are "Some Enchanted Evening", "You've Got A Friend", "I Don't Break Easily", "New York State of Mind", "What Are You Doing The Rest Of Your Life"? I could go on. Having said that, I already have all these tracks on their albums anyway so what do I care really? Neophytes - there may be a few - will certainly enjoy this.
33 comments14 of 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 November 2010
I have no Barbra Streisand albums at home but of course I have to admit that she's got one of the most beautiful voices in this world! When I saw the track listing of this new compilation on Amazon, I immediately thought it could be a nice present for Christmas, so I include it on my Wish list! Anyone interested? Barbra performs these songs with all her heart and soul. I think this is a great 'Best of' for a beginner like me, there's really all the essential here to enjoy her angel voice.
11 comment22 of 24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 25 November 2010
The cd 'The Ultimate Collection' is absolutely excellent. Hard to think of any other words to describe it, and delivery as always was so quick. EXCELLENT!!!
on 15 February 2011
This cd is one of the sort that I will play over and over again and never seem to get tired of the sound. I have not always been successful in my choice of singers but I think I have cracked it as this is a very well arranged collection of her songs. May she continue making songs to suit every one.
on 17 January 2012
I had always wanted a Barbara Striesand Anthology but was unsure which one to go for, as there are quite a few similar discs available.

I was delighted to receive this as a gift for Xmas 2010. It's exactly what I was looking for. It contains many of my favourite Striesand tracks including: "Evergreen"; "Don't Rain On My Parade"; "Papa, Can You Hear Me?" - from Yentl; "Tell Me" - Duet With Celine Dion;"I've Dreamed Of You" and "Memory".... to name a few.

In short, this CD is the perfect present for someone like myself, who has always admired Striesand but is fairly new to her work.
on 24 November 2013
Brought the hard cd copy for my grandad but got the bonus of a digital copy too. Have to say its a wonderful selection of her songs and it just a beautiful album. If you love Streisand or have only heard one or two of her songs I would recommend this to you. Everyone one who has listened to this album has loved it with the exception of my brother who doesn't listen to anything like this so it's understandable.
on 23 January 2011
This is a lovely CD, including tracks which immediately take years of your age (many, in my case) as you are reminded of the hits of a bygone age when you could heard the words being sung and immerse yourself in the depths of the passion of this lady's powerful voice. I loved it, it made me feel young again, and I relived many occasions when I first enjoyed hearing these masterpieces.
on 30 October 2010
For a true Barbra Streisand fan like myself, who would sell a kidney to see her live, this album is sheer joy.
All the great songs are there together including Evergreen and the unforgettable Styne-Merrill classics from 'Funny Girl' -Don't Rain on my Parade' and People'.
Pure style!
on 9 January 2011
I have been a fan of barbra,s for years and each time she brings another cd I think I must buy it and each time in recent years I have been disappointed and this cd is exactly the same, it is good, but not since Guilty came out have I thought Wow.
It is nice but nothing to right home about and I certainly wont be buying anymore of her cds.