4.0 out of 5 stars yet another compliation
Published on 5 Nov 2010 by Hambletta-Maud

3.0 out of 5 stars Just another compilation
I adore Barbra but why on earth do the studios think we need another greatest hits/best of/ultimate collection. I'm not knocking her but as a die hard fan there's nothing new here. Get "The Essential Collection" instead if you don't own any of her albums!
Published on 1 Nov 2010 by Nicholas Hake

4.0 out of 5 stars yet another compliation, 5 Nov 2010
Hambletta-Maud "hamble" (somewhere in west europe) - See all my reviews
I'm Barbra Streisand's biggest fan (who isn't?), but I'm not a fan of this compilation. It is randomly chosen and the songs are not the best selection of her recordings. Of course there are the standout tracks - tracks 1-6 especially - but there are so many other, better, more fitting tracks that could've been chosen. Where are "Some Enchanted Evening", "You've Got A Friend", "I Don't Break Easily", "New York State of Mind", "What Are You Doing The Rest Of Your Life"? I could go on. Having said that, I already have all these tracks on their albums anyway so what do I care really? Neophytes - there may be a few - will certainly enjoy this.

3.0 out of 5 stars Just another compilation, 1 Nov 2010
Nicholas Hake (Exeter,Devon UK) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars All the essential top quality, 4 Nov 2010
I have no Barbra Streisand albums at home but of course I have to admit that she's got one of the most beautiful voices in this world! When I saw the track listing of this new compilation on Amazon, I immediately thought it could be a nice present for Christmas, so I include it on my Wish list! Anyone interested? Barbra performs these songs with all her heart and soul. I think this is a great 'Best of' for a beginner like me, there's really all the essential here to enjoy her angel voice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 25 Nov 2010
This review is from: The Ultimate Collection (Audio CD)
The cd 'The Ultimate Collection' is absolutely excellent. Hard to think of any other words to describe it, and delivery as always was so quick. EXCELLENT!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Ultimate Class!, 30 Oct 2010
This review is from: The Ultimate Collection (Audio CD)
For a true Barbra Streisand fan like myself, who would sell a kidney to see her live, this album is sheer joy.
All the great songs are there together including Evergreen and the unforgettable Styne-Merrill classics from 'Funny Girl' -Don't Rain on my Parade' and People'.
Pure style!

5.0 out of 5 stars love it, 28 Mar 2014
This review is from: The Ultimate Collection [Clean] (MP3 Download)
Excellent CD I love it Barbra at her very best. Full of good sing along tracks. Would really recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Barbra Streisand all her best, 19 Mar 2014
This review is from: The Ultimate Collection (Audio CD)
I got this cd for my wife nice easy listening nice to chill to with a glass of wine after a hard days work

4.0 out of 5 stars Present, 2 Mar 2014
This review is from: The Ultimate Collection (Audio CD)
Was a birthday present For my mother and she loved it, listens to it all the time and has worn it out

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Singing, 1 Feb 2014
Robert Park (Kirriemuir, Scotland UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Ultimate Collection (Audio CD)
Barbra Streisand can woo me anytime by her singing; a true artiste. Anyone who appreciates good music and singing will enjoy this CD.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought it for the wife., 29 Jan 2014
This review is from: The Ultimate Collection (Audio CD)
That put me in the good books for a day or so. But I now listen to it more than her whilst driving the school bus. Barbra drowns out the racket your own little toe rags make when going to school.

ARRAY(0xabd19354)