4.0 out of 5 stars yet another compliation
Published on 5 Nov. 2010 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Just another compilation
I adore Barbra but why on earth do the studios think we need another greatest hits/best of/ultimate collection. I'm not knocking her but as a die hard fan there's nothing new here. Get "The Essential Collection" instead if you don't own any of her albums!
Published on 1 Nov. 2010 by Nicholas Hake

3.0 out of 5 stars Just another compilation, 1 Nov. 2010
Nicholas Hake (Exeter,Devon UK) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars yet another compliation, 5 Nov. 2010
Amazon Customer "hamble" (somewhere in west europe) - See all my reviews
I'm Barbra Streisand's biggest fan (who isn't?), but I'm not a fan of this compilation. It is randomly chosen and the songs are not the best selection of her recordings. Of course there are the standout tracks - tracks 1-6 especially - but there are so many other, better, more fitting tracks that could've been chosen. Where are "Some Enchanted Evening", "You've Got A Friend", "I Don't Break Easily", "New York State of Mind", "What Are You Doing The Rest Of Your Life"? I could go on. Having said that, I already have all these tracks on their albums anyway so what do I care really? Neophytes - there may be a few - will certainly enjoy this.

5.0 out of 5 stars All the essential top quality, 4 Nov. 2010
I have no Barbra Streisand albums at home but of course I have to admit that she's got one of the most beautiful voices in this world! When I saw the track listing of this new compilation on Amazon, I immediately thought it could be a nice present for Christmas, so I include it on my Wish list! Anyone interested? Barbra performs these songs with all her heart and soul. I think this is a great 'Best of' for a beginner like me, there's really all the essential here to enjoy her angel voice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 25 Nov. 2010
This review is from: The Ultimate Collection (Audio CD)
The cd 'The Ultimate Collection' is absolutely excellent. Hard to think of any other words to describe it, and delivery as always was so quick. EXCELLENT!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Ultimate Class!, 30 Oct. 2010
This review is from: The Ultimate Collection (Audio CD)
For a true Barbra Streisand fan like myself, who would sell a kidney to see her live, this album is sheer joy.
All the great songs are there together including Evergreen and the unforgettable Styne-Merrill classics from 'Funny Girl' -Don't Rain on my Parade' and People'.
Pure style!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Barbara Striesand Compilation I've Always Wanted, 17 Jan. 2012
This review is from: The Ultimate Collection (Audio CD)
I had always wanted a Barbara Striesand Anthology but was unsure which one to go for, as there are quite a few similar discs available.

I was delighted to receive this as a gift for Xmas 2010. It's exactly what I was looking for. It contains many of my favourite Striesand tracks including: "Evergreen"; "Don't Rain On My Parade"; "Papa, Can You Hear Me?" - from Yentl; "Tell Me" - Duet With Celine Dion;"I've Dreamed Of You" and "Memory".... to name a few.

In short, this CD is the perfect present for someone like myself, who has always admired Striesand but is fairly new to her work.

5.0 out of 5 stars For My Collection, 6 April 2011
S. Protheroe "M. Poppins" (Surrey, UK) - See all my reviews
Fab! Just Fab! Lovely black and white postcard photos included. Would've been nice to have at least one colour photo, but I'm pleased with my purchase.
I had already got the Ultimate Collection, without the photos, so this is a bonus. Hey, I'm a collector.

I also received Barbra's book, "My Passion For Design" as a Christmas present from a friend and it's a beautiful 'coffee table' showpiece!
All I need now is for Barbra to sign it! In my dreams...My Passion for Design: A Private Tour

5.0 out of 5 stars Voice of an angel...., 18 Jun. 2011
BobM (South East England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Ultimate Collection (Audio CD)
I first fell in love with Streisand's beautiful voice in the 1970's, when I was in to a wide range of music from the Floyd and Yes, through the Moody Blues, to the Carpenters!!
Karen Carpenter had a fantastic voice. Indeed, some of her songs are sublime. I must place Streisand in to the same category, singing with a much different style but with as much to offer in it's own way.
This compilation I have no hesitation in giving 5 stars. It is superb.

5.0 out of 5 stars Scrumptious, Streisand!, 12 Dec. 2010
This review is from: The Ultimate Collection (Audio CD)
What can I say..you've got the creme de la creme of the creme de la creme! Anything starting off with "Woman In Love" just HAS to be good...and the rest of the song choices are SPENDID!!! It reminds you that Streisand still has got the singing chops and has had quite a few recent "greatest hits" also...plus some may just be gems of songs that were NEVER hits on the charts, but showed just why Barbra is Barbra...great choice for a gift as well!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 24 Nov. 2013
This review is from: The Ultimate Collection (Audio CD)
Brought the hard cd copy for my grandad but got the bonus of a digital copy too. Have to say its a wonderful selection of her songs and it just a beautiful album. If you love Streisand or have only heard one or two of her songs I would recommend this to you. Everyone one who has listened to this album has loved it with the exception of my brother who doesn't listen to anything like this so it's understandable.

The Ultimate Collection