4.0 out of 5 stars Impressed but not about everything.
Pretty happy! Sound very good indeed, works as it should. Comfortable for hours. Just a few bits I don't like (far outweighed by what I do like).

Dont like:

Turn head to left when phone in pocket you may drop out a bit.
Buttons for power/volume fiddly. Answer and pause etc perfect.
Catches on jacket if u have high collar or weatherproof...
Published on 1 July 2011 by Musicmac

3.0 out of 5 stars If only they would fit my ears
Published on 28 Jun. 2011 by R. Jones

4.0 out of 5 stars Impressed but not about everything., 1 July 2011
This review is from: Plantronics BackBeat 903+ Stereo Bluetooth Headphones (Electronics)

Dont like:

Turn head to left when phone in pocket you may drop out a bit.
Buttons for power/volume fiddly. Answer and pause etc perfect.
Catches on jacket if u have high collar or weatherproof jacket.
Can get into a muddle if u try do too much calling/music/pausing etc. Solved by turning off and on (both phone and headset). Only had that once and is not too much of a problem but you know the problem is there.
I keep it out of wet as it sticks out of ears a bit like something from terminator lol.
No options on earpices (despite statements otherwise - they can't be got).

Like:

No problem with range if phone not in pocket - goes good 10m fine.
Sound quality superb. I can't use the bass boost though - my music is bassy anyhow and tends to distort.
Reconnect brilliant as is the 'listening time remaining' announcement. You are told by the headset what is happening.
Robust and solid.
Is only live when u using it - unlike most others which have permanent 'active' connection - saves power - can use it a day and still get full power indication ('7 hours listening time remaining')
No one had any trouble hearing or understanding in calls.
Love the fade-in and fade-out of music when calls come in. Nice touch.

Consider one of my better purchases.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Robust Design and Excellent Sound Quality, 10 Sept. 2011
Before buying these I scanned the reviews carefully and seeing as the majority of reviews were positive I plumped for these instead of the offerings from other brands. I couldn't understand why some of the reviewers complained that the packaging was difficult to get through. All you need to do is remove the tape on the top cover and pull the plastic tab and the contents which are held in place by tabs come out easily enough. Included are; a pouch for the headset; a charger with both UK and European plugs; Instructions and a getting started guide.

Build Quality - The headset looks well built and the wire connecting the two earpieces is long enough to go round the back of the head but not so long as to become a nuisance. On the whole it is pretty comfortable once proprerly worn. Again a number of reviewers complained about the earpieces not fitting their ears properly but there are instructions on obtaining a proper fit and the earpieces are literally telescopic so that they can be moved into position to ensure a precise and comfortable fit. A good quality piece of kit.

The bluetooth connection - I found that they paired easily with my Iphone4 and yes there is a little battery indicator on the the bluetooth icon on the top right hand of the Iphone homescreen that tells the user how much juice the headset has left. Also, everytime you press the power button on the headset a voiceover tells you how much usage you have left in hours and if you skip tracks this too is confirmed by a voiceover.

Sound Quality - As I am using an Iphone4 this will probably apply to other Iphone4 users although users of other phones may find it useful as a general guide. In a word the sound quality is immense. The sound is crisp and clear and seems to block out most outside sounds although not all so it would be safe to use whilst commuting (Avoid Ipod Oblivion). There is a bass boost function and I have found that this does exactly what it says but I found no distortion as other buyers have mentioned in their reviews. The sound is significantly better than that from the Apple supplied headphones and I actually think the quality is equivalent to some of the other more expensive bluetooth headsets which I have tried. Call quality too is very good and there were no problems with sound distortion or not being able to hear the other person or vice versa.

Conclusion - Although it has only been two days I think these are a very useful piece of kit but if anything changes I will keep you posted.

5.0 out of 5 stars Plantronics Bluetooth Headset 903+, 13 Feb. 2011
I use the headset with my iPhone when running and it works well with just an occasional gap in the music. The quality of build seems good and the sound is excellent.

I like the controls on the headset which allow me to pause the workout and music without getting my iPhone out of my pocket.

A good all round product that gives value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars good sound & very comfortable, 6 Jan. 2011
Well I don't usually do this, but since I recently bought these Plantronics 903+, I thought I'd add some comments:

Plus points: These are very comfortable to wear, once you work out how to put them on, (which takes a while and maybe a mirror!) -and I wear them for several hours at a time with no issue at all, in fact it's easy to forget you have them on. The sound quality is excellent, both for stereo (music) and phone use, I use them in my (not at all quiet) car to speak to people with no difficulty at all. The bluetooth range is fine for within a room or a car, between say, 2 ground floor rooms in a house it could possibly start to lose signal. Functionality with my own phone (Nokia C7) is very good: in fact use is almost seamless, the phones fade out any music for an incoming call etc, and seem to handle most phone operations in a fairly intuitive way (but no phone based headset battery indication as they do have on iphones :( ). Battery life appears very good.

Negative points: If you happen to wear a coat with a high collar/scarf (it's winter... england...) then the cable at the rear can rub and it causes the phones to move slightly as you turn your head. This is distracting, but it's very minor! (they don't fall off or anything). I also found that it was quite hard to fiddle around with the charger cover/connector to plug in the charger. The on-earpiece buttons take a short time to learn but I would not say that it's difficult. -and thats about it!

kr D.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 8 Jan. 2011
Ms. J. Mason (Canterbury, Kent, UK) - See all my reviews
Bought these as a bluetooth headset for use in my car but also because I liked the idea of having wireless earphones.

Pros: I would find it very difficult to fault these. They're extremely user friendly and being relieved of wires is fantastic!

The sound quality is great for the music, much better than I expected. I have Bose QC3's and whilst the quality obviously isn't that good, they're much better than my sennheisers.

Bass boost is a good feature to have.

Calls are clear although a little weird not having a discernable mic to speak into.

The over-ear design is comfortable and stable although I'm sure not everyone will agree with this.

Really cool power indicator on iPhone.

Cons: Call quality could be better. I think this is the case with most bluetooth headsets but the person I called said although I was clear, I sounded a little robotic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Bluetooth Headphones I know, 9 Dec. 2010
I just got them this morning and I was delighted with them after just 5 minutes.
They synched with my iPod Touch (2nd gen) instantly and I was immediately surprised by the sound quality and power.
I had tried another set of bluetooth headphones the week before (motorola S9) and the quality was just ok, but these Plantronic are way above it. Surely you'll find better cable headphones but this is a great option for those looking for a cable-free set.
I walked around with my ipod touch on my pants pocket and no problems there. Sound was crystal clear and no hiccups.
I then synched them with my HTC Tattoo and made a few calls. The Mic could be a little better, but it's not terrible.
After that I tried them with my iMac and Mac Mini (which is like 3 meters away) and still not a single problem. Just make sure you select "Stereo" as your default output option.

The only cons I find are the following:
The buttons are a little hard (at least for now) making it a little difficult to change tracks.
They use micro-USB to charge and although they include a nice charger, I'd prefer if they were mini-USB as most of my devices are mini-USB
They are a little complicated to put on. Maybe they require some practice but I still haven't found a slick way of doing it.

However these 3 points aren't strong enough for me to give these headphones less than 5 stars. Very recommended.

3.0 out of 5 stars If only they would fit my ears, 28 Jun. 2011
R. Jones (Wales) - See all my reviews
I love these headphones. I really really wish I could give them 5 stars but I cant. I've used them for about 2 months now and reckon I've given them a good all-round test. There are many good points. They look cool, are fairly intuitive to use and have a really good sound. The paired up easily to my iPhone (but not to my iPad whatever I tried - but I think the fault is with the iPad and not the phones so not really relevant here). And to be fair they have transformed my gym use. I've taken to watching music videos on my iPhone while I work out and listening to the sound via bluetooth really is great. No messy wires to get caught in the machines.

But try as I might I just can't get them to fit my ears correctly. The gym is fairly noisy and too much sound enters my ears. If I push them deeply into my ears with my fingers the sound is great but as soon as I let go they revert back to hovering just outside my ears. No amount of adjustment will keep them snugly in my ears. A few times I've had to replace then with a wired headphone set (costing about a tenner) to enable me to listen to my music at all if the background music is too high. This is a real shame as otherwise these are really good headphones. I reckon somebody else with different shaped ears would absolutely love them. But for me, if earbuds wont actually fit into your ears then everything else is secondary. A real shame because otherwise they would be worth 5 stars.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor build quality, 5 May 2012
First 2 pairs of these had to go back. Buttons stopped working on the sides both times.

Faults aside I found these very annoying anyway. Always popping out of your ear during running and the low battery warning is extremely annoying as a loud beep reminds you every 30 seconds that you have low battery! The volume/track controls on the units are un-usable as they're tiny. Every time you adjust them (frequently), you end up pressing the pause button, which then emits a loud beep.

Final pair I had kept activating my voice control on my iPhone 4 every 5 second! This could be an iPhone fault but I'm doubtful as there were a few people on the plantronics website with this exact issue.

I'd be surprised if anyone who uses these for sports found that a pair lasted any longer than 3 months without developing faults.

Sound quality is average.

They're cheap and you get what you pay for.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not perfect, but still fabulous..., 1 May 2011
The fit could be a little more positive, but they certainly won't fall off, and when you get the adjusted correctly (which is a little tricky) the sound is excellent.

The battery life seems excellent... certainly more than 5 hours...

A few other people have commented about the "range"... in terms of how far away you can get from the source device, and it is not great, but I believe it is largely a factor of the "other" device, so I find it hard to fault these headphones. For example my desktop computer fails almost completely to connect (probably because the bluetooth antenna is inside the metal computer case, yet my laptop can connect 20 yards away.

Of course, you will be using this mostly with a mobile phone and my HTC Desire does want to be reasonably close, perhaps 1 meter (Note the headset antenna is on the left side, it really does make a difference if the phone is on your right side)... so if you have range problems try putting your phone in a different pocket!

One review reported very poor audio quality... my guess here is that this was because he was using it with a phone/device which only supports the headset profile. which provides a 2 way connection for making phone calls... it is mono, and somewhat poorer quality (suitable for a telephone conversation)... this is a limitation of Bluetooth, not the headset. If your device supports the bluetooth headphone profile then the audio quality is excellent and stereo.... as you would expect...

I've certainly not seen a nicer bluetooth headset/headphones package... and the freedom offered by such a light weight and ergonomic design is life changing, I will use these every day, GREAT product.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but also Bad, 3 April 2012
I bought the headphones mainly for going out walking as wired headphones are annoying. These turned up and they looked great and sounded great..................

Problem happens if you put the MP3/ipod/iphone in your pants pocket, if you do this the connection keeps cutting out so you end up walking with it in your hand up high up in a coat pocket.

Bit of a pain on a nice day when I have shorts and t-shirt on and have to carry my iphone.