5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product
Yes this is a great product, I'm very happy with my purchase! I was intially looking for an FM Tuner for my Samsung Galaxy S2 i9000 and then eventually came across this.

It does the job of a FM tuner brilliantly and with the added bonus of recieving hands free calls through it and over the car stereo, it's just great.

Very highly rated product!
Published on 5 July 2011 by Tim

3.0 out of 5 stars It is not quite a Jabra
Published 16 months ago by Victor Meldrew Mk2

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product, 5 July 2011
This review is from: Plantronics K100 Bluetooth In Car Speakerphone Visor Kit (Accessory)

Very highly rated product!

5.0 out of 5 stars simple and effective, 1 Dec 2010
Having recently lost my BT earpiece and then getting stopped for using the phone, I decided I would put a better in-car hands-free solution in place.

At a fraction of the cost of a fully install kit, and hearing other peoples feedback on cheaper units, I had low expectations; How wrong I was.

The item is easy to use - but read the instructions or you will spend a bit longer than you need to, finding out about button presses!!

I've had no complaints from anyone on the other end of the call. The pickup and noise cancellation is very good - better than the old BT headset I had.

The sound quality my side through the integrated speaker is good even at speed on the motorway.

I sometimes use the FM modulator to put the sound through the car stereo but this isn't always possible if I want to listen to the radio. So quickly muting the stereo is sufficient with the integrated speaker.
I would complain that the FM modulator only works down to 88.1 and it would be better if it went a little lower into 87.6 as it is hard to find a gap in the overcrowded frequency ranges of FM. However in saying that the transmitter is quite powerful, and depending on your aerial location in the car, you might find it is stronger than the surrounding most weaker signals from stations.

I would have liked to see the following features; Multiple phone pairing (it only pairs to one phone) and ... ???? not sure I can think of anything else!

Size wise, it is similar to an iPhone. Not a lot different in dimensions (the clip obviously makes it much deeper but if that wasn't there it would be about the same depth)

All in all I would strongly recommend this unit as the limitations outweigh the positives.

Oh I should add I've even used it in my office as a hands-free desk phone and it was fantastic for that, much clearer than using the phone's own speaker phone capability!

3.0 out of 5 stars It is not quite a Jabra, 2 May 2013
Victor Meldrew Mk2 "stefan morawiec" (Dorset) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have purchased 4 Jabra products over the past 10 years and decided to obtain this item for my wife's car, each successive one being replaced for a higher spec and quality model. Pairing it with an iphone 3 was a doddle, but just to prove it was not a fluke, I paired it with an iphone 4 and a blackberry too, all done within seconds, before reverting back to the iphone 3 as it only stores one configuration in memory.

Installing it in the car is really simple! You clip it onto the sun visor and in this regard, I thought that the clip was much more durable and a deal stronger than that which came with my Jabra Cruiser. OK into operation. It works very similarly to the Jabra Cruiser with, in the Plantronics case, a button rather than a bar, with a manual rotary volume control, which is easy to use and questionnably better than the Jabra. I did try the FM function, which similar to my Jabra I view as a gimmick. OK, I am sure that some find it useful and it does indeed improve the sound coming out of the car speakers BUT when I am driving, I like to press the button once to receive a call, or when making a call press the button and state who I want to call. Pressing a button on my radio and another on the speakerphone I just feel are distractions and take my concentration away from the road: many would disagree, but that is my opinion of it.

So why three stars for an item that is £7.50 cheaper than the Jabra equivalent? Firstly build quality, it doesn't feel as well made and allowing for the fact that it is lighter, it really feels quite cheap in comparison, secondly the tone and quality of sound when receiving calls; they are definitely audible, but it just doesn't sound as clear as the voice coming out of my Jabra Cruiser and sounds tinny in comparison. I would temper that comment though with the fact that you can definitely hear the caller and they could hear me too quite clearly and at normal road speeds.

So is my wife pleased? Definitely, it does the job that she wants from it and I am sure that on the few occasions that she is likely to use it this item will be fine. Had I not purchaed the Jabra Cruiser first, I am sure that I might have given it 4 stars, but having only given the Jabra Cruiser 4 stars based upon its poor clip, 3+ was the maximum I feel that I give this item.

Not a bad item though and worth considering.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, does everything very well, 10 Feb 2011
This is definitely the best Bluetooth product out there. I've tried a few and none compare. I've got an iPhone 3GS, which connected straight away to the device without quibble. The speaker and mic's on the Plantroncis work very well, and unlike most there is great sound from the speaker which makes it very easy to hear, especially when motorway driving. The FM transmitter is a bonus in my opinion, and it also allowed me to play my music from my iPhone to through the radio.

5.0 out of 5 stars Plantronics K100, 29 April 2012
I use this for handsfree calls and streaming music and podcasts from my iPhone 4.

simple setup, good battery life (means you don't need to have it charging very often via the included Lighter to micro USB cable) for normal use it lasts a week no problem.

if you just want it for hands-free calls the build in speaker is fine, but for music streaming you will want to use the built in transmitter, which in my opinion is good quality and better than most FM transmitters.

If you travel on a long journey the only downfall with this device is that changing the frequency is a bit distracting and fiddly, there is no auto-scan for a suitable free frequency.

The microphone is also good enough that you can position the unit anywhere in the front of the car, it doesn't need to be attached to the visor (i have used this on long journeys while charging, the unit is just placed in the cup holder and it works fine - no complaints from people who called me)

I have no hesitation in recommending this!

4.0 out of 5 stars good product, 31 May 2011
i have had a few bluetooth visors this is the best one so far.Plantronics K100 Bluetooth In Car Speakerphone Visor Kit

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 18 May 2011
This has got to be the best in car hands free, I bought a really cheap visor hands free before and when travelling above 40 mph I could not hear what the person at the other end of the call was saying. No such problem with the K100 its superbly clear and audible when connected via the FM transmitter the volume is even greater. I can also stream the music on my phone to my car audio. Absoluteley BRILLIANT.

5.0 out of 5 stars good buy, 16 Dec 2013
loud clear easy to use,saved me 300 euro fine,no complaints from callers,easy to use while driving and says when call is terminated

5.0 out of 5 stars Another one, 9 Dec 2013
Had bought one for me a year ago.
Decided to buy another one for my girlfriend.
The best price/quality in the market.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good, 13 Nov 2013
Exactly as described, very nice, It was recommended to me by a friend, it's strong and very durable and works very well