Fresh tasting and doesn't leave any funny aftertaste. This is a fluoride-free whitening toothpaste. It is also SLS-free. But wait, I hear you say, it lists Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate as one of its ingredients:

Published 10 months ago by Mrs_MG

1.0 out of 5 stars Shocking information!
Published on 29 Jan. 2013 by John

5.0 out of 5 stars An aloe vera whitening toothpaste without fluoride or the bad-SLS (there are 2 kinds, read the review) -- highly recommended!, 3 Sept. 2014
Mrs_MG (Derby, Derbyshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: AloeDent Whitening Aloe Vera Flouride Free Toothpaste 100ml (Personal Care)

Glycerin, Sorbitol, Hydrated Silica, Aloe Barbadensis Gel, Aqua, Xylitol, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Mentha Piperita Oil, PVP, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Menthol, Melaleuca Alternifolia Oil, Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate, Citric Acid, CI75810.

Yes, and the initials spell SLS, however, this is not the bad-SLS, which is Sodium Laurel Sulfate. This is considered a *safe* ingredient. More information on Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate and its safety is available at www.yummymummyclub.ca/print/7872 (a highly recommended blog site, by the way). But of course, you should always do your own research, if you are at all concerned about such things.

For me, I wanted something without fluoride, without the bad-SLS, and with Aloe Vera gel in it. This is the one -- highly recommended and the price is right here on Amazon.co.uk

5.0 out of 5 stars if it's fluoride free you want, 12 Nov. 2014
If you're after a toothpaste purely because it's fluoride free - this is your bet. It doesn't leave an after bitter taste like other brands (colgate/aquafresh) when eating or drinking. I usually buy this toothpaste for £4.09 at my healthstore and found this one cheaper - I notice now the price has increased a lot. Delivery was slow (a month) I wish I had bought a few. I am not sure if it whitens teeth since i haven't noticed a drastic difference - might depend on how well/often you brush. Cleans well and leaves a fresh taste.

1.0 out of 5 stars Shocking information!, 29 Jan. 2013
I would like to inform you that AloeDent toothpaste contains Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate. See what that preservative is about in one example here: [...] Here it talks about that it is a problem in skin cosmetics. Can you imagine the effect of not only putting it on your skin but actually ingesting it will be over a long period of time? I hope you find this advice valuable.

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite ever toothpaste- would never go back to a 'normal' ..., 5 Oct. 2014
My favourite ever toothpaste- would never go back to a 'normal' one now. My teeth are also whiter than ever and I get lots of comments on them!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great toothpaste, good price., 19 Jan. 2015
Best natural, fluoride free toothpaste we have found. Ticks the 'tastes normal, like toothpaste' box which many natural toothpastes do not. Interesting to see silica used for whitening and aloe vera where most chemical toothpastes use fluoride. Travels well, good packaging and very happy with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Product, 15 Jan. 2013
This Is a great substitute for any Fluoridated toothpaste out there. Best toothpaste I've ever tried, doesn't dry your mouth out like other mainstream toothpastes and has Aloe Vera instead of water which Is so much more beneficial. I find that I has taken some of the yellowing off of my teeth also. Great product, I highly recommend It.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best ever!!, 22 May 2015
All toothpastes by AloeDent are absolutely fantastic. I use fluoride free and my teeth never been better. I don't have sensitivity anymore and the teeth stay clean all day. Tastes really nice too. I can not recommend it enough. Just go for it you won't be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wouldn't be without it., 6 Oct. 2014
I love the fact that there is no fluoride in this toothpaste. Our whole family use this product. As it has no harmful ingredients, I'm happy for my children to use it, even my 4yr old. Quick delivery too. Happy Bunny.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT ITEM TO STOP THE FLOURIDE POISOINING THE DENTAL INDUSTRY ..., 31 Mar. 2015
GREAT ITEM TO STOP THE FLOURIDE POISOINING THE DENTAL INDUSTRY AND RECKITTS AND BENKISER TRY TO DOUSE U WITH, SAVES THEM PAYING TO DISPOSE OF IT I GUESS! IF U DONT WANT FLOUROSIS

5.0 out of 5 stars Wish it was cheaper., 29 Sept. 2014
D. CHESTERS (Stoke on Trent) - See all my reviews
Great toothpaste, want to buy more, but baulk at the price of twice what I can get ordinary for. wish it was cheaper. :)