5.0 out of 5 stars If You Are Going to Buy a Reel Hose - By This One
Published on 23 May 2009 by Putters

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for Car Washing
I bought this hoselock because I didn't need one any longer, but have been disappointed by the lack of pressure at the nozzle. I wouldn't recommend it for anyone who likes to give the muddy car a good squirt!
Published on 14 Dec 2011 by Mr. Douglas B. Topple

5.0 out of 5 stars If You Are Going to Buy a Reel Hose - By This One, 23 May 2009
I was in two minds about whether to purchase this hose and reel or not. It is expensive there is no doubt about that but once you have fitted it to an outside wall it is a dream to use. How much pleasure can you get just from reeling a hose out from the wall and then it slurping it all back into the reel when you have finished? Well if (like me) you have had the normal hose pipe that takes ten minutes of wrestling with it to coil it up when you have finished using it then you will definitely appreciate this automatic hose reel.

Fitting the reel requires a good hammer action drill - I used a professional builders' drill - the instructions are clear enough for anyone to follow.

5.0 out of 5 stars WELL WORTH THE MONEY, 8 Jun 2010
C. Bowley (LEEDS) - See all my reviews
I bought the Hozelock Auto Reel from Amazon a few weeks ago, and it is excellent.
I bought it mainly for hosing down my two Springer Spaniels, and it's perfect.
It's very well made, neat and tidy, and very easy to wall mount and the instructions are clear and easy to follow.
Two important things to mention: I'd use bigger screws and plugs when wall mounting it (than the ones supplied with it), as they don't seem heavy duty enough to me.
Also, i couldn't quite get the hang of locking the hose once you pulled it out, what you need to do is pull the hose out of the reel quite firmly, and then wait until it makes a clicking noise, then slowly let the hose jerk-back for a second, and then it locks the hose perfectly every time.
It's an excellent product, and you should also fit a small padlock of the bottom of the wall mounted unit, so that it doesn't get stolen off your wall, if you don't the hose reel just easily lifts off the wall.
Another little tip: buy the Hozelock PRO METAL fittings for it, they are mega-easy to fit, as the plastic ones supplied normally break in winter time, and if you are walking the hose around corners, it may also be worth buying a Hozelock Hose Guide, they are about 10, and are also wall mounted.
I highly recommend this product - 5 STARS.
THANKS FOR READING MY REVIEW

4.0 out of 5 stars Expensive but good., 17 May 2011
Excellent product, which does what it says. But don't buy the Aquastop connector which Amazon suggests as well, since it already comes with one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Clutter free Hose system, 4 Nov 2008
S. Vora "Simple Guy" (Surrey, UK) - See all my reviews
I have bought this system to use in my garden and wash my car.

It works perfect as any hose system would do, the impressive thing is, it is self rewind mechanism. It is fantastic. I have no hose on the floor to trip over and every time I use it within seconds it's back in the box.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product but POOR range of spares and service., 10 Jun 2010
The auto-reel has served me well (I keep ducks and hens and have to hose down regularly and manual rewinding of hoses used to be a major chore).

Hozelock boast a full range of spare parts, but this is simply untrue. Recently the main spring on my reel snapped and rendered the hose useless. This is essentially the most important part of the whole system. When I called hozelock for a replacement I was told it could not be supplied and that it could not be repaired as it was fitted with tamper proof screws. To me, this is like having to buy a new car because the fan belt has broken.
The ONLY spares you can get seem to be simple connectors and rubber seals. I don't think you can even replace the simple ratchet as the instructions are to NEVER open the main casing. (Like buying a car with the bonnet welded down).
I needed a hose urgently and the broken unit was out of warranty, so I had pay for a complete new system and they are not cheap.

I have since disassembled the old unit, repaired the spring and reassembled, ...within a couple of hours.
It now works perfectly, again.... However I have had to heat up, reform and temper the old spring, which is not something for the average user to tackle. If they had been able to supply me with spares, the job would have been much easier and quicker. I would rate the product idea quite highly, but the service and spares would get a low 2 out of 10.
Conclusion: It is not that the reel cannot be repaired, but rather that they will not supply the spare parts and thus force you buy a new reel.
By the way, I suggest that purchasers register the product on the hozelock web-site, to ensure the guarantee, in case the receipt goes missing.

Despite the problems, I would recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great peice of kit, 21 April 2011
This review is from: Hozelock 2590 30m Auto Rewind Hose Reel (Garden & Outdoors)
its a great machine, does just what it claims to do, wall mounting was easy and the whole package is very sturdy, it makes watering so easy dont know why we didnt buy one years ago.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Product, 20 May 2011
If you regularly use a hose pipe, then you are probably fedup with the chore of unwinding and then winding the hose back up again. This product takes the grief out of this. The hose unwinds perfectly every time (kink free) and when you are finished, a gentle tug on the hose sets it rewinding. It's brilliant!

When we got the hose reel, I was surprised how heavy it was and was concerned that the wall bracket would not take the weight of the hose reel (especially when the hose was full of water) ... but it does. The only thing I did, was to use 6mm x 3 inch long masonry bolts to secure the bracket to the wall ... I'm not convinced that the screws provided are up to the job but to be fair I was bolting it to an old stone wall rather than a modern brick wall.

Anyway, as the review title says, this is a great product, that I would recommend to anyone who uses a hosepipe on a regular basis.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a good buy!, 11 Jun 2009
R. Cunningham (Hampshire, England) - See all my reviews
As I am no longer as fit as I used to be, I bought the Auto Reel not only to replace an aged wall-mounted hand-wind reel, but also with the intention of making life (and the watering of our garden) less of a chore for my wife. The auto reel arrived 2 days after I placed the order with Amazon (now that's service!), was fastened to the wall and in use within 24 hours - why didn't I buy a reel like this before now (its my Scots blood I suppose!). My wife can pull the hose out from the reel with the minimum of effort and she finds the self-wind action so easy and effortless. I am still awaiting the delivery of the Ultra 14 spray gun from MS retail, but good work Amazon - and Hozelock!

5.0 out of 5 stars Hozelock Auto Reel, 15 Feb 2009
J. Doherty - See all my reviews
Simply the best hose available. Made of proper strong materials and works perfectly. Would highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars hozelock 30m auto rewind hose, 21 April 2011
Hozelock 2590 30m Auto Rewind Hose Reel Brilliant product! Can now wash the car, powerwash my decking, water my plants etc..... without worrying about tangled hose. Just pull it out to the length you want and lock. When finished "unlock " and it auto rewinds no fuss.

Hozelock 2590 30m Auto Rewind Hose Reel