5.0 out of 5 stars If You Are Going to Buy a Reel Hose - By This One
Published on 23 May 2009 by Putters

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but not suitable for jetwash / pressure washers
I purchased this item back in April, but living in the SE was unable to use it until now due to South East Water's hosepipe ban! Basically this "mini" version has a 10m long hose, but the hose itself only has a 9mm internal diameter, whereas the 20m, 30m, and 40m models have a 12mm interior diameter.

The upshot of this is that it does not feed enough water to...
Published on 10 July 2012 by Joti Plahay

5.0 out of 5 stars If You Are Going to Buy a Reel Hose - By This One, 23 May 2009
I was in two minds about whether to purchase this hose and reel or not. It is expensive there is no doubt about that but once you have fitted it to an outside wall it is a dream to use. How much pleasure can you get just from reeling a hose out from the wall and then it slurping it all back into the reel when you have finished? Well if (like me) you have had the normal hose pipe that takes ten minutes of wrestling with it to coil it up when you have finished using it then you will definitely appreciate this automatic hose reel.

Fitting the reel requires a good hammer action drill - I used a professional builders' drill - the instructions are clear enough for anyone to follow.

5.0 out of 5 stars WELL WORTH THE MONEY, 8 Jun. 2010
C. Bowley (LEEDS) - See all my reviews
I bought the Hozelock Auto Reel from Amazon a few weeks ago, and it is excellent.
I bought it mainly for hosing down my two Springer Spaniels, and it's perfect.
It's very well made, neat and tidy, and very easy to wall mount and the instructions are clear and easy to follow.
Two important things to mention: I'd use bigger screws and plugs when wall mounting it (than the ones supplied with it), as they don't seem heavy duty enough to me.
Also, i couldn't quite get the hang of locking the hose once you pulled it out, what you need to do is pull the hose out of the reel quite firmly, and then wait until it makes a clicking noise, then slowly let the hose jerk-back for a second, and then it locks the hose perfectly every time.
It's an excellent product, and you should also fit a small padlock of the bottom of the wall mounted unit, so that it doesn't get stolen off your wall, if you don't the hose reel just easily lifts off the wall.
Another little tip: buy the Hozelock PRO METAL fittings for it, they are mega-easy to fit, as the plastic ones supplied normally break in winter time, and if you are walking the hose around corners, it may also be worth buying a Hozelock Hose Guide, they are about £10, and are also wall mounted.
I highly recommend this product - 5 STARS.
THANKS FOR READING MY REVIEW

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product but POOR range of spares and service., 10 Jun. 2010
The auto-reel has served me well (I keep ducks and hens and have to hose down regularly and manual rewinding of hoses used to be a major chore).

Hozelock boast a full range of spare parts, but this is simply untrue. Recently the main spring on my reel snapped and rendered the hose useless. This is essentially the most important part of the whole system. When I called hozelock for a replacement I was told it could not be supplied and that it could not be repaired as it was fitted with tamper proof screws. To me, this is like having to buy a new car because the fan belt has broken.
The ONLY spares you can get seem to be simple connectors and rubber seals. I don't think you can even replace the simple ratchet as the instructions are to NEVER open the main casing. (Like buying a car with the bonnet welded down).
I needed a hose urgently and the broken unit was out of warranty, so I had pay for a complete new system and they are not cheap.

I have since disassembled the old unit, repaired the spring and reassembled, ...within a couple of hours.
It now works perfectly, again.... However I have had to heat up, reform and temper the old spring, which is not something for the average user to tackle. If they had been able to supply me with spares, the job would have been much easier and quicker. I would rate the product idea quite highly, but the service and spares would get a low 2 out of 10.
Conclusion: It is not that the reel cannot be repaired, but rather that they will not supply the spare parts and thus force you buy a new reel.
By the way, I suggest that purchasers register the product on the hozelock web-site, to ensure the guarantee, in case the receipt goes missing.

Despite the problems, I would recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Clutter free Hose system, 4 Nov. 2008
S. Vora "Simple Guy" (Surrey, UK) - See all my reviews
I have bought this system to use in my garden and wash my car.

It works perfect as any hose system would do, the impressive thing is, it is self rewind mechanism. It is fantastic. I have no hose on the floor to trip over and every time I use it within seconds it's back in the box.

4.0 out of 5 stars Expensive but good., 17 May 2011
Excellent product, which does what it says. But don't buy the Aquastop connector which Amazon suggests as well, since it already comes with one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hozelock 40m Autoreel, 8 Jan. 2012
Arrived in good time. Very easy to put up, providing you have a strong man to do it. I would suggest you do what we did, make a paper template from the swinging arm, then drill the 4 holes straight through the template into the wall. (It would have been better if Hozelock had included their own template). We did replace the 4 screws with stronger ones, and my husband also put nylon washers between the screw and the swinging arm, to save the screw crushing the arm, (again another thing Hozelock could include for next to no extra cost).
I've tested the unit a couple of times so far - the auto reel facility will be a godsend to me. I've pulled the hose out to full length with water on, and inside the hose, then "walked" it back into the unit. The unit has a kind of hoop thing where the hose feeds onto the reel, which automatically moves back and forth, so the hose winds evenly onto the housing. It doesn't get bunched up in one place. I do have corners to go around, so should really order a couple of the corner accessories hoselock sell, but I'll see how I get on before going to that expense. Because of this, I found it quite hard to pull the hose, given that its rubbing on the corners of the house, quite hard, but not so you end up puffing or anything. In a straight line its a doddle, my granny could do it.
Hoze lock only give you a basic sprayer at the end, infact its not even a sprayer, just a tap really, so you can't adjust the setting of the spray, or more importantly, turn the spray or water off at the end of the hose. I immediately replaced it with my usually multi spray hoselock gun, where you can turn the water on/off at the nozzle, so it wasn't a problem. Again, if you go to the expense of spending that much money on a hose, Hozelock should really provide an equally upmarket spray gun to go with it, not just the basic tap style one you get.
All in all, bearing in mind I haven't used it much, I am really really pleased with this product. Its going to save me tons of time, not having to manually wind the hose, and will be a lot easier on the arms I would think. You will need someone strong to put up the hose itself. I could put up the arm easy enough, but wasn't strong enough to lift the unit onto the arm once I'd done it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Installation problems., 11 Aug. 2010
Bazz2004 (Willenhall,, West Midlands United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This item sat in the box for months because I was worried about drilling into weak masonry. The Auto Reel is heavy and there is no Hozelock floor stand available. After borrowing an SDS drill I finally mounted it on a post bolted to a slab. The Auto Reel seems a fine product though I was underwhelmed by the supplied spray nozzle. I've uploaded a picture to show how you can floor mount it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great peice of kit, 21 April 2011
This review is from: Hozelock 30m Auto Rewind Hose Reel (Garden & Outdoors)
its a great machine, does just what it claims to do, wall mounting was easy and the whole package is very sturdy, it makes watering so easy dont know why we didnt buy one years ago.

4.0 out of 5 stars Hoselock 40. Auto reel, 22 July 2011
Had a ploblem with a leak from the reel, contacted Hozelock direct. They
sent out a new 40m hose reel. The second reel would not rewind. Contacted
Hozelock direct again. No problem they sent a new reel, this one is wonderful.
I am very pleased with the company who could not be more helpful. Well done
Hozelock.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hozelock Auto Reel, 15 Feb. 2009
J. Doherty - See all my reviews
Simply the best hose available. Made of proper strong materials and works perfectly. Would highly recommend.

Hozelock 30m Auto Rewind Hose Reel