5.0 out of 5 stars Not the strongest in the series
I was very impressed by the first two volumes in the series but this volume, while it has some great tracks, does not match those two although I like this set better now than when I first bought it some years ago.
Published on 27 Jan 2005 by Peter Durward Harris

3.0 out of 5 stars Also Well Worth Waiting For !!
Same as previous really,not much more to say,love current stars of the time taking on classics of yesteryear,more like proper tingly Christmas Songs and not tacky Shakin' Stevens style so gotta be a good thing!
Published on 4 Feb 2009 by Tracy A. Hart

5.0 out of 5 stars Not the strongest in the series, 27 Jan 2005
(No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 10 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
The highlights for me are I saw three ships (Sting), Blue Christmas (Sheryl Crow), Christmas (Blues traveller), a Gallic version of Silent night (Enya), Santa Claus is back in town (Jonny Lang), Christmas is now drawing near at hand (Steve Winwood) and O holy night (Tracy Chapman). Most of the other tracks are OK but the version of Santa baby included here is definitely not my kind of music. I much prefer Madonna's version, to be found on the first volume in the series, or the original Eartha Kitt version from the fifties.
If you are a big fan of nineties pop and rock music, you may enjoy this more than I do - you may even enjoy it more than I do, as my taste in pop and rock is rooted in an earlier era. Otherwise, you are likely to feel (as I do) that this is not an essential purchase. You can contribute to the Special Olympics by purchasing the first two volumes (also filled mostly with pop and rock music) or the more recent Very special acoustic Christmas (filled with country and bluegrass music), all of which I reviewed long ago.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great christmas cd, 29 April 2013
Had bought this cd years ago but lost it much to my annoyance so pretty happy when I finally found it again at a reasonable price, not your usual christmas songs but that makes it even better.

3.0 out of 5 stars Also Well Worth Waiting For !!, 4 Feb 2009