4.0 out of 5 stars For the money, superb
Excellent service from the Amazon seller, ordered 19 Dec, arrived by Royal Mail on 22 Dec.

Published on 22 Dec 2011 by Michael J. Davies

2.0 out of 5 stars So Far so good - Now its failed
Needed a slim , lightweight keyboard ( European layout) to support a G+T soaked Sony netbook. Also for an ageing Acer.
Arrived promptly , fired up immediately on inserting the USB connection and works well with Windows XP and 7.
Slightly " clicky" actions but suits my style of typing.
Key issue will be how long it lasts given the amount of use it will get...
Published on 16 Dec 2011 by Doccox

4.0 out of 5 stars For the money, superb, 22 Dec 2011
Michael J. Davies "Creosote" (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: GMYLE(TM) Super Slim USB 2.0 Mini Keyboard For Windows 7 XP Vista (Electronics)

I am a bit obsessive about keyboards. I prefer the compact size ones, and over the years I hate to think how much money I have spent looking for the ideal keyboard. Of course it doesnt exist, but what does exist is an aweful lot of rubbish ones, and many of those are expensive.
In exasperation a year ago I bought both an Apple wired keyboard and the compact Apple wireless. The compact one was just too difficult as so many keys lost to Windows no matter how I remapped I couldnt get the normal day to day usage keys available. So used the normal size one, and its been great, Apple quality really shows. However I still hanker for a compact size keyboard and saw this one on Amazon, with rave reviews. For £15, worth a punt, if no good it could join the box full of rejects I already have.

It plugged and played straight into my XP system, all the keys appear to work, I've remapped a couple of the Fn keys to use as Volume Down and Up (with a Freeware product called Sharpkeys), all seems well!

Now to the nitty gritty. Make no mistake, this is a facsimilie of an Apple keyboard, it looks like one, and the keys almost feel like one, but its no Apple. It does look Apple to a cursory glance but put it next to the real thing and it screams "copy". The "Aluminium" surround is not metal, its painted plastic, the key letters are painted not etched, so will probably wear off quickly, the weight of it is lighter, there isnt the same satisfying tactile feedback on key press, the whole feel and ambience of it is a poor relation to Apple, and the arrow keys are miniscule (if you are games player who uses the arrow keys you are stuffed, as I am). BUT, for £15 its great! Its a hell of a lot better than all the £50 Windoze keyboards I have ever bought. I'd rate it even if it highly were £40.

Big thumbs up to the seller for providing a product that does what it claims, with excellent delivery service. I shall see how it wears. If it does prove to be fairly resilient I shall buy a couple of spares for future use.

Bottom line, if you are looking for a Windows version of the Apple keyboard this isnt really it, the quality isnt there. But if you are looking for a good compact keyboard that looks good, performs well, they buy this, I am confident you wont be dissapointed.

Now if only they made this in a wireless version, it would be a must buy.

UPDATE: After 6 months use it broke. The Enter key no longer functions. Took off the key and checked underneath and the contacts have just stopped functioning. Ah well. I will get another as its just such a good keyboard and I cant find any decent alternative, hopefully the next will last longer than 6 months. I have reduced my initial 5 star rating to 4 stars.

UPDATE 2014 - The next keyboard worked flawlessly up to today, Oct 11 2014, so a good couple of years very heavy use out of it. Its been a joy to use. So I am buying a replacement. Even thinking of stocking up on 2 or 3 for the future in case they stop making them. Still give it 4 stars, as the longevity is an issue, but I'd rather be buying one every couple of years and enjoy using it than struggling with a similar keyboard like the Keysonic I am trying to type this on.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good,slim looks like Mac keyboard, 18 May 2011
This is a nice keyboard, i am using it on my netbook which i use in school. I cycle to school with my net book and am usually too short of space n my bag to take a keyboard. However, this keyboard fits with no trouble, some may argue that it looks flimsy but in reality it is quite sturdy.It is not too different from a netbook or laptop keyboard, i also bought this becuase the keyboards they have at pulic libaries or schools are stiff and require more effort to push down on, i wanted something like a mac keyboard, keys quite spaced, soft, quiet and springy, this is perfect, the only complaints i have is that the cable is a tadto long for y needs but i guess it could be handy, also the eter button takes some time to get used to. I noticed that some reviews state that the space bar sometimes does not respond e.t.c ignore that,if you know how to type properly you will not have any trouble. The space bar only does not work if you hit the very sides of it like next to alt. this keyboard is light slim and fast to type with. i would recemmend it to anyone looking for fast easy typing.

4.0 out of 5 stars Seems very nice, 11 Feb 2011
Only been using this for a couple of hours, but so far so good.

Seems to be a good quality product. I was worried it might be a bit shoddy.
It's even smaller than my Microsoft Arc keyboard, although just as nice to work on.
Aluminium body seems sturdy. Keying action is good.
Only niggle so far is the enter key is a lot smaller than I'm used to. (It's the same shape although slightly narrower than the shift key).

Being wired it hopefully won't have the niggles that my previous wireless keyboard had too.

Quite impressed so far. Like it.

4.0 out of 5 stars For potential Mac [uk] purchasers, 5 April 2011
Solid build quality, soft-touch keys and ideal for those with limited desk space or laptop users who wish to extend to an external monitor / desktop environment easily. For those niggling over the usb connection - usb = no battery issues or bluetooth/wireless drain so ideal for portability.

For the uk keyboard Mac user. This is a windows (7) centric keyboard so you may have to remap a touch to avoid adapting to remembering where like-for-like keys reside on each keyboard when switching.

Google for "British (PC 105)" keylayout as well as Ukulele.app for keyboard mapping and you should be able to get everything remapped to your satisfaction in 30~60 minutes depending on your technical abilities.

The only negative grip I have, and again this may be a Mac-centric hardware issue:
the Fn key sends the letter "a" as well as acting as a modifier. So although you can hit Fn + an elevated key option and it WILL enact that Fn option on the keyboard it sends the "a" first. This obstructs any mapping of the Fn key and causes a nuisance if using a Fn + "Fn option" on highlighted text etc as the "a" stroke submission will fubar things a touch.

5.0 out of 5 stars This micro-comfort has a great value, 8 April 2011
I've been looking for a small/compact keyboard for some time and I have ordered this one instantly when I saw it. It is really tiny, but still full size keyboard (I have Lenovo laptops), very fast (I am almost touch-typist) and quiet.
And it is gorgeous! No logos, no shiny, loud names, just pure white keys.
This looks like a beginning of a really cool relationship.
Good stuff.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic keyboard!, 25 Nov 2011
This is a fantastic keyboard. Feels great to use and so far hasn't had any problems (we've been using it for a couple of weeks). It is slightly smaller than your average keyboard and some keys are in slightly different places that you might expect e.g. Home / End keys. This means it can take a little getting used to for the first few days.

That said it would be great if you were short on space!

I work in IT and it is a high use item for me as I spend 12hrs a day at a computer and this little keyboard has really impressed me. Would highly recommend!

2.0 out of 5 stars So Far so good - Now its failed, 16 Dec 2011
Doccox "ian_cox9" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Slightly " clicky" actions but suits my style of typing.
Key issue will be how long it lasts given the amount of use it will get. The Acer and Sony keyboards lasted >3yrs before either total key failure or "sticky key" syndrome set in on odd keys .
Key review time will be after 1yr hard use. i think that even at a price of £15 this item should last at least 1yr

NOTE After 9 months moderate use the "enter" and the " full stop" keys have failed totally

In the same time scale the 5 year old ACER - whose only fault had been a sticking delete key - has developed no faults

This unit has been mainly used on the ACER to supplement the delete key

At present the unit used on the SONY ( bought January 2012) - used only 2-3 times / year when travelling - is still OK

So - unit works as received ( both of mine did) BUT doesn't appear to have a reasonable lifetime , except with very light use

Buy with care or be prepared for (possible) annual replacement

NOTE added - Unit has now totally failed after less than one year - seller want item back to check ( no problem) but will not pay the £6.40 tracked postage.I have protracted e mail correspondence with the supplier who are less than helpful .

AVOID THIS SUPPLIER AS THEY WILL NOT HONOUR ANY GUARANTEE EXCEPT AT YOUR COST!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Adjust your touch..., 30 Mar 2012
B. A. Sufrin (Oxford, UK) - See all my reviews
It seems robust. It arrived on time. It is cheap and chic. BUT look very carefully at the photographs of this keyboard. If you think you can adjust to the flat ENTER key, and learn to avoid hitting # by accident when you mean to hit ENTER, then this is the keyboard for you. I have typed # so many times since starting to use the keyboard that I worry that I'll not be able to retrain my muscle-memory.#

5.0 out of 5 stars It's not a Mac Keyboard, but it's near enough!, 20 Mar 2012
I'm a Mac user who uses a Windows laptop to access files that my non intel Mac can't interpret, so I'm using the exact keyboard on a daily basis that this one is trying to mimic on the Windows platform....and it doesn't do a bad job.
I have a Toshiba satellite pro laptop, and using it's keyboard is like typing on blancmange....bouncy bouncy bouncy.
As a writer and touch typist I needed something more workmanlike to spend four or five hours a day typing on it than the Tosh's given offering.
I concur with my colleague who states that this KB doesn't have the subtlety of the Mac KB, but believe me, it's not by much.
It's a tad more 'clickly'than the real thing, but great for a touch typist.
Don't be fazed by the 'small keys'reviews - it's perfect for fast typing, and you don't have to 'smash down' on the keys to make your mark.
It has a very small desk footprint, and although I agree that the USB cord is nearly a foot too long, it's better than it arriving with a lead that is too short.
And the reviews of 'shiny keys?' being an offputter? They must have had a different keyboard to this one, as the letters and characters are embossed on the keys a la Mac and are easy to work with.
If you can afford the little bit extra over the cost of the bog standard Trust KB you won't be disappointed.
This keyboard has got me using my Windows laptop as a serious piece of kit for the first time in three years, that's how much I rate it.
Hope this helped.

5.0 out of 5 stars super slim usb 2.00 mini keyboard, 19 Feb 2011
Excellent keyboard for windows 7, I needed a small keyboard as I don't hve much space, my last keyboard woudn't work for windows 7.