5.0 out of 5 stars Oh my goody goody gosh!!!
Published on 30 Jan 2011 by Steph

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing
Published on 6 Feb 2011 by bethp94

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh my goody goody gosh!!!, 30 Jan 2011
This review is from: Pump It Up Body Burn [DVD] [2011] (DVD)
Oh how I miss the times of days gone by when I used to strutt my stuff on the dance floor of various clubs shaking my booty. Fast forward 7 years and I am married to a man who I met in one of said clubs- must have been impressed with my moves ;-) and a mother to one. I thought my booty shaking days were over! Having lost 3 stones for my wedding years ago with the Vicky Entwistle WOW workout trying to lose my pregnancy weight was just not happening. Over the last few months I have infuriatated my husband spending a small fortune on workout dvds- all with various pros and cons. One of my recent purchases was Nadia Sawalha's Fat to Flab dvd which has the beautiful Deanne Berry, from the Call on Me music video, in it. Didn't love the dvd but did "love" Deanne who is a fabulous instructor. So I purchsed one of her Clubland dvds which then led me to this.

This dvd is soooooooo much fun- from start to finish. While I love dancing I am certainly not a natural and haven't picked up all the moves correctly. What I didn't get, I made up my own moves which I think were pretty similar. Gareth- the trainer- does explain the moves- very well- but as I said I'm not a natural. He is so much fun- could imagine going out with him and a few girlies to the local night club! The girls look beautiful and very inspiring. While doing the workout I couldn't stop giggling and my husband came in and said "I'm not sure you supposed to be laughing"- but I just couldn't help it. You can chose from the different sections- I chose four but you only need to choose three. I was sweating so much by the tummy toning section- much more than I usually do during my hardcore Jillian Michaels workouts.

I usually get irratated when people write reviews after having only done a workout once as I think how can you tell if it is gonna work after only one go.However, after doing this workout, I couldn't resist!

If you are up for some fun with your workout- this is definatly for you!!! You will NOT be disappointed. Can't wait to do it again tomorrow!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Really fun (especially if you're a Gareth Walker fan!), 27 Dec 2010
This review is from: Pump It Up Body Burn [DVD] [2011] (DVD)
I was excited about getting this as Gareth Walker's Pump it Up! workouts are by far my favourites, both for his fun and upbeat instruction and the smile his routines always put on my face. This one is no exception; in fact it's probably a bit easier and more straightforward than previous Pump it Up! offerings. The DVD is set out in the following way:

Warm Up (about 8 mins)
Tone it Up (about 12 mins)
Shake it Move it
Pop it Lock it
Burn it Lose it (three sections of around 15 mins each)
Bums, Legs and Tums (around 10 mins)

The three dance sections follow the same format: the (brilliant!) music starts and Gareth talks and walks you through the dance steps, you follow along with his backing dancers, and then you all put the routines together at the end. 'Shake it Move it' contains club/dance moves, 'Pop it Lock it' is a street-dance style workout and 'Burn it Lose it' is a sweatier, more aerobic section with less emphasis on dance. All of them are great fun and if you have any of Gareth's previous DVD's, his presenting style is exactly the same - i.e. "pretend you're in a club and you want to attract someone's attention!" His flamboyant style really makes me smile while I'm working out, but I can understand it wouldn't be for everyone! Some of the moves can be a bit complicated, but Gareth demonstrates and explains the moves well so they get easier to pick up.

There is a warning at the start of the DVD that doing all three dance sections should only be attempted if you're very fit, but I managed it without too much strain - I actually felt this was a bit less high impact than previous 'Pump it Up!' workouts, so if you're a seasoned exerciser you shouldn't have too much trouble.

So...get this if you're interested in learning some new dance moves and don't mind a bit of fun and flamboyance while you're at it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Beat the bulge!, 31 Dec 2010
This review is from: Pump It Up Body Burn [DVD] [2011] (DVD)
I test drove this fitness DVD prior to its release for a six week period and lost 11lbs. I would highly recommend this DVD. Gareth is awesome and has really worked hard to ensure this DVD will bring you results. The soundtrack is brilliant and Gareth keeps you motivated throughout. To get my results, I used this DVD x3 times a week and on a 4th day did the warm up and the abs section only.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 3 Feb 2011
This review is from: Pump It Up Body Burn [DVD] [2011] (DVD)
It's a good DVD and a great workout. The only but that I didn't enjoy so much, was that it is very fast paced, as soon as you are starting to understand the movements, you're being pushed to move on.
Other than that, it is an excellent workout and has some great music.

4.0 out of 5 stars Buckets of fun!, 11 Jan 2011
This review is from: Pump It Up Body Burn [DVD] [2011] (DVD)
This is my first outing into the Ministry workout DVD series and it didn't disappoint. Gareth is brilliant: energised, strutting and he explains things clearly. For someone with a moderate dash of coordination and a medium level of fitness, it has been loads of fun. I found it far easier to follow than the Tracy Anderson one as Gareth builds the routines up from scratch and then by the fifth or sixth go, they are more dance-like and funky (allegedly - hope nobody saw me doing them!!!!!) I'm fairly fit and found the abs section too easy, but could make it harder myself by lifting legs etc and my other tiny gripe is that the stretching section, while comprehensive, doesn't hold the stretches for long enough in my opinion to really get deep enough release - think a count of 24 rather than a count of 8. Having said that, I am going to stick at it and see if I end up svelte and trim...watch this space!

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun and different, 9 Jan 2011
This review is from: Pump It Up Body Burn [DVD] [2011] (DVD)
This DVD sees the welcome return of Gareth Walker. It contains two seperate dance sections which follow the format of 'Dancemix', and an aerobic section that really does the job. In a market flooded with celebrity Interval Training DVDs (and there's still no need to go to anyone but Davina for those), the Pump It Up series offers something completely different. Although there are a few tricky moves it's generally fairly easy to pick up, and provides real fun. Gareth is a great instructor, really funny and a wonderful motivator. A worthy addition to the series.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 6 Feb 2011
This review is from: Pump It Up Body Burn [DVD] [2011] (DVD)
I found this dvd really difficult. Not because of the fitness level it requires (since I am in good shape and health and my fitness is great) but simply because of the moves. I'm not a dancer, but I am someone who can keep in time and rhythm and I even used to take a class in street dance. However, this was so much harder. They moved so quickly through each move that I couldn't get through it. It was frustrating to stand there, unable to do the moves that they were rushing through. I warn those who buy this dvd that if they're not already dancers, or familiar with the moves then they might find it quite a struggle.

5.0 out of 5 stars great fun, 28 Mar 2011
J. hartley (Crete, Greece) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pump It Up Body Burn [DVD] [2011] (DVD)
Bought this as a change to my other exercise dvds. Really good fun. Love the music. 1st time did the whole work out and was exhausted and then i read that it was unwise to do all the sessions in one go. Okay it takes a few times to get the hang of it but Gareth is great and really gets you moving. Love the bonus extras where you can listen to the music or watch a few of the videos. Would love to put it on my mp3 player but dont know how. Any ideas?

5.0 out of 5 stars Really fun and sexy!, 28 Feb 2011
This review is from: Pump It Up Body Burn [DVD] [2011] (DVD)
I've had my copy for about a week now and I already love it. At first the dance moves were difficult for me, but once I went over them once or twice I was dancing away quite happily! I didn't mind getting sweaty 'cos It was so enjoyable and it didn't feel like a chore as exercise sometimes feels like.

I would recommend it for women of any age, but its mainly aimed at more girly girls definitely. However you don't have to be in to serious clubbing to enjoy it either.
it has the essential weight loss stuff too, and it really gets your heart pumping. My legs hurt after just one workout and I'm quite athletic! so I think it works!

5.0 out of 5 stars body buuuuuuuuurrrn!, 17 Jan 2011
Love this dvd!
I consider myself to be quite a fit person, but this had me sweating, its really high intensity and gets your heart pumping. Love this music and the instructor is quite funny which kept me entertained! The toning and ab sections are great, I done the workout yesterday and my whole body is sore, in particular my stomach-which after most workouts isnt sore the next day, so it must be working!
Be warned though, the dancey sections are really fast but the moves are broken down well so its easier to pick up gradually.
Overall 5 stars I cant wait to do the dvd again and see the results!

Pump It Up Body Burn [DVD] [2011]
Pump It Up Body Burn [DVD] [2011] by Various Artists (DVD - 2010)
8.02