5.0 out of 5 stars Caorunn Gin, 26 Aug 2013
This review is from: Caorunn Gin Small Batch 41.8% 70cl
This is a lovely aromatic gin. Although the manufacturers recommend having it with tonic and a slice of red apple, I've discovered that it goes extremely well with a dash of elderflower cordial, topped up with sparkling water. Very refreshing

4.0 out of 5 stars a lovely drop, 20 Jun 2013
This review is from: Caorunn Gin Small Batch 41.8% 70cl
Australian visitor May 2013 - loved the Caorunn Gin from Scotland: a very special taste!

I managed to pick up a bottle at Heathrow on the way in but then found it harder to find!!

I couldn't find it the last few days I was in the SE of England (everything but: Hendricks, Bulldog, Gordon's, Beefeater, Bombay, Plymouth etc ) but no Caorunn)

wanted to put some in my 'cargo baggage' to go through to Sydney!

I could have bought it 'duty free' at Heathrow and take it on the plane - IN THEORY - trouble is, moast flights for UK/Europe go through Asian cities for their stop-over: you HAVE TO GO through security AGAIN, even in transit and ON THE INSTRUCTIONS OF AUSTRALIAN GOVERNMENT, airlines in these cities will NOT let you take ANY liquor over 100ml - even in DUTY FREE bags - on to the plane e.g 2010: expensive Cognac purchased in Europe & allowed on plane there, CONFISCATED in Bangkok!!!

NEVER AGAIN!!!

Importers please note: have some Caoruun in Duty Free shops at Sydney airport!!

5.0 out of 5 stars gin, 22 April 2014
This review is from: Caorunn Gin Small Batch 41.8% 70cl
Excellent gin. Well worth the expense. Especially good with fentiman`s tonic, which is sometimes difficult to obtain. Good delivery service, would recommend to anyone

4.0 out of 5 stars Smooth drinking, 19 Sep 2013
PJ Rankine (Wallington, Surrey United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Caorunn Gin Small Batch 41.8% 70cl
Having been a teetotaller almost all my life I discovered a taste for gin last year when I tried a friend's Bombay Sapphire and tonic then on a weekend away I discovered Hendricks which is now my favourite tipple. Caorunn gin is supposed to be infused with red apple and I tried it with a slice of the same as advised. I didn't get any apple notes at all but it is very smooth and I found it to be drier than the other two. I would rate it as nice as Bombay but not quite as nice as Hendricks. The bottle is well cool and I love a cork rather than a screw top, it is just classier.

Caorunn Gin Small Batch 41.8% 70cl