4.0 out of 5 stars A good mid-range GPS watch with some powerful features for serious runners
All in all I have been impressed with the Forerunner 410 and think that it has some very powerful features, although it does have a couple of annoyances which I will explain in my review below.

What's in the box?

The box contains the following items:

Garmin Forerunner 410 GPS watch
USB charger with multiple plug adapters for UK, US,...
Published 22 months ago by M. Vinson

3.0 out of 5 stars Garmin Forerunner 410 GPS... it's OK
In summary, this product is just OK. Not bad, but not something you can rave about. It's the first GPS watch I've ever owned so had done a fair bit of research before purchasing. From this I knew it wasn't perfect (but neither was the competition), but was sure I could overcome any issues raised by previous buyers and learn to love it.

However, in all...
Published on 18 April 2012 by Paul Johnson

‹ Previous | 1 2 339 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Garmin 410 - Accept its foibles it works fine, 23 April 2012
This review is from: Garmin Forerunner 410 GPS Sportswatch with Heart Rate Monitor (Electronics)
Finally bit the bullet and decided spending 150 on a digital watch wasn't a foolish thing to do. After a couple of runs including a 2 1/2 hr long-run for the week all I can say is that I'm glad I did. Okay so there maybe an issue the 1st time you try to connect it to a PC and the bezel does take time to get used to, but combining so many functions including GPS, HRM & virtual-partner (if you are trying to pace a longer run) make it great value. One other comment, lock the bezel before going on a long run.

4.0 out of 5 stars Garmin Forerunner 410 GPS & HRM review, 2 Feb 2012
I have now owned my Garmin 410 for 3-4 weeks, in which time I have used it 11 times. I only use it when running, not cycling (yet). For info - My runs tend to be a mix of on/off road and not tracks. They will range from 1.5 - 13.1 miles.

Overall, I am very happy with my watch, however, I haven't awarded it 5 stars as I've found the satelite accuracy not to be 100% perfect. I have run the same route 3 times, followed the same line of running but have had varying results. The differences have only been out by 0.05 of a mile over a 6.75 mile distance so nothing too bad. I have also experienced temporary loss of satelite during a recent run, though the weather was quite overcast so this may have caused the problem. Otherwise it's been pretty reliable. It picks up satelites quickly too, which is great.

Before I purchased the watch I read lots of reviews and was a little worried about the bezel facility and I agree it can be difficult to use and definitely requires some revision. That said, it works and I can use it, though it can be fiddly.

The options available on the 410 are impressive and quite vast. They have certainly encouraged me to run more and run faster, which can be a good thing as well as bad!

I charged to Forerunner up once it arrived (8hrs approx) and used it with Satelites on for 1hr 30 mins, leaving plenty of battery life left. I tend to charge my 410 once a week and it seems to last long enough for me. It's not died on me yet during a run!

Once you've completed your circuit, you can plug the ANT tool into your USB and transfer all the data you have just recorded across to your Laptop. Your watch will need to be held close to the ANT stick for it to transfer the data. The results will be uploaded to the Garmin connect site, where you can spend hours looking at all the data from your run.

I would definitely recommend the Foreunner 410 to other runners, it is a great piece of kit that impresses.

4.0 out of 5 stars So far so good!, 10 Jan 2012
I have read lots of negative reviews about this product so I was a little wary about ordering it. I originally had the forerunner 305, but it was stolen...

It picks up a signal within 20 seconds, it's easy to set up and the info the watch will give you is amazing. The only downside is the touch bezel. Personally I don't think it's as bad as people are saying, but it is not 100% spot on so I can see why it will bother some people. Once I'm running though I never touch the bezel so it has never been an issue for me.

I come back from a run and it automatically sends my data to Training centre and Garmin Connect, which is fantastic and you can see all the info you will ever need from the run you have just done. It is also great looking back at old runs to see how you are improving.

So far it's been 100% reliable, but I have only had it a couple of weeks so I may update this review in a while, but at this moment I'm loving the watch and the fact I'm running pretty much as soon as I turn it on is perfect.

5.0 out of 5 stars Running Magic!, 11 Oct 2011
I bought this having considered bying one of these for the last year - glad I waited too as the bezel improvements are great. This, like any gadget takes a bit of working out but the basic functionality is easy to use - I personally found that it spurned me on to compete with myself, my times and I also ran longer. I haven't managed to work out the interface with the computer as yet - but all the internet interfaces are great and have a wealth of information.

If you are in to running I would recommend it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Unreliable, 3 Dec 2011
hagrid (Yorkshire - UK) - See all my reviews
I received the 410 with HRM as a gift in September 2011 and was very pleased with it. It has lots of great features and functions and I enjoyed using it. BUT and this is the big negative it failed after two weeks use. The bezel froze and would not respond to any command. I tried reseting and reloading the software all to no avail. So sent it back to Amazon for a replacement. Amazon were great and sent a new one straight out. I used the new one for a few weeks and started having the same problem again; finally it froze the same way the first one did so reluctantly I have given up and sent it back for a refund and will try a different product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Garmin Forerunner 410, 2 Jan 2011
J. Reid (Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
I recieved this as a christmas gift, after dropping numerous hints...i had my suspicions as to the accuracy and usability of the product but after using it a number of times I am delighted with it, and find it is a really helpful aid to my training. The bezel is easy to use, the heart rate monitor is comfortable, and the garmin connect software and training centre that are included are top notch. Also impressive is how the watch transfers your latest run wirelessly to your PC as soon as you are within range. I have yet to test it in adverse weather conditions, and nor have I used it in a race condition, but so far I am very pleased with the performance and options provided by the product and recommend it to any runner.

4.0 out of 5 stars My first GPS sportswatch!, 29 Jun 2012
Having lost a lot of weight in the past year using the principle of 'eat less and eat healthier', I recently made the conscious decision to become fitter. This entailed briskly walking the 5.5 mile round trip to work. As that became easier I embarked on a 'run/walk' programme. I also started walking in the Peak District at weekends. Each day I manually keyed in my times and distance on [...]. I then wanted to track my movements by GPS but didn't want an Iphone or similar. This is what led me to purchasing a GPS watch.
I'd read all the reviews on Amazon & elsewhere and settled on the Garmin 210. Then I saw the 410 advertised at a much lower price and with more features. However the reviews were certainly mixed! I decided to buy the 410 despite some of the issues that other reviewers had had. These were -

1. THE BEZEL ISN'T EASY TO USE - It's true that it does take some getting used to but once you do it's fine.

2. IT TAKES A LONG TIME TO LOCATE THE SATELLITES - Not found this to be a problem, usally about 20 seconds maximum.

3. THE WATCH IS BULKY AND IS TOO BIG FOR A WOMAN'S WRIST - As I have fairly thin wrists this was a concern. However the watch comes with two extra straps to cater for smaller and larger wrists. When I first tried it on it felt cumbersome. Four weeks later and I only ever take it off when showering or charging it up.

4. THE WATCH ISN'T WATERPROOF - I've used it in rain quite a bit and with no problems. However, given that it doesn't claim to be waterproof I take the precaution of removing it when bathing or showering.

5. BATTERY LIFE TOO SHORT / CHARGER AWKWARD - Not a problem on either front. I usually give it a full charge once a week. I've found the charger to work exactly as it should.

I am one happy bunny with this watch! I love the fact that it transfers my data as soon as I'm within a few feet of my computer. What's also great is being able to look at where I've walked at the weekends and see where I went wrong on the route! The Garmin site is just fantastic with all the data you could need.

I haven't yet used the HRM so can't comment on that. In fact there are a lot of features that I haven't used yet! The watch fits my needs perfectly and I heartily recommend it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant watch, 31 Mar 2012
A Carlyle (UK) - See all my reviews
I have recently been using my Dad's Forerunner 110, and was about to buy a 210 with HRM, when I saw the 410 for 150 with HRM.

I have to say that I'm very impressed with the watch. The GPS pickup is much better than the 110 (bigger aerial on the side of the watch) and the tracking is more accurate when you load the data onto the Training Centre Software. The on-watch software is much better too, with more functions, better displays, more variables to track as you run. You can create your own displays to show the stats YOU want to see when running. The big bonus over the 110 is that you can see your actual speed, which the 210 does too, admittedly. I don't really see me using the virtual trainers etc yet, but as I get more into running, I'm sure I'll be glad that it's there...

The HR monitor is comfortable and accurate. It's my first one for a while (I had a polar one once), and it's waaay more easy to put on. For reference, it's the premium HRM strap, not the rigid plastic one.

Docking is simple and efficient. It's wireless through a dongle, you just bring the watch near and it downloads (I have a mac). You do need to get some additional software from the Garmin site, but once it's set up, it's all good.

I hesitated on getting this watch based on people's reviews of the bezel. The bezel is a capacitance sensitive (rather than pressure sensitive) touch pad, that runs all the way round the screen. I had to learn HOW to press the bezel to get it to work right. I have no complaints so far and found it quite an intuitive way to operate the watch (I haven't used it when wet yet, which may change things!). I'm guessing that the touch bezel is there mainly to allow scrolling, which is slightly awkward at first, but again, you get used to it.

Make sure you give the watch more than 2 hours to get used to before you decide. I have, and I really like it now.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great gadget!, 20 Sep 2011
As someone relatively new to GPS watches and running, I am really pleased with the 410. It looks great, has plenty of functions and I love the virtual partner and the fact it displays lap splits (neither of which are present on my wife's 110).

Why not 5 stars? Well the bezzel control if very sensitive and not the easiest to use whilst on the go, and it is probably the least intuitive gadget I own when utilising it with the Garmin online programs. I like gadgets and persevere, but boy, it is so far from straightforward - the instructions don't particularly help, the forums being the only way I could find out how to use certain functions.

I still love it mind!

2.0 out of 5 stars Style over function - bezel still terrible, 20 Sep 2011
I had high hopes for the 410 as a replacement for my 205, as the 410 is a second-generation product to the 405 and promised a significant improvement to the touch bezel. Really, Garmin? Manipulating the bezel on the 410 is a hit and miss affair, often producing false positives. This is with dry hands by the way. For example, the prescribed swiping action (for scrolling up and down through lists) more often than not produced no response whatsoever, despite extreme care, and on several occasions produced an 'enter' response, which is supposed to be achieved with a single tap. Frequently the bezel simply didn't respond to any of the prescribed actions - taps, touch+holds or swipes - forcing a system reset. I decided within a few hours that this product would drive me mad and sent it back for a refund.

‹ Previous | 1 2 339 | Next ›