4.0 out of 5 stars Overall, a decent Christmas selection.
This compilation comes out every year with just a couple of changes from previous releases, so if you bought it last year or the year before, it's probably not worth buying it again.

That said, this is a great Christmas compliation, sure to keep the party going, and at a decent price for a triple CD.

There are a few pleasant surprises included among...
Published on 3 Dec 2010 by Glasgow Dreamer

3.0 out of 5 stars No Mariah Carey?
Published on 3 Dec 2011 by I. W. Thomas

4.0 out of 5 stars Overall, a decent Christmas selection., 3 Dec 2010
Glasgow Dreamer (Glasgow Scotland) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Now That's What I Call Xmas! [2011] (Audio CD)

There are a few pleasant surprises included among the selection, such as Bert Jansch and Sinead O'Connor, but the usual suspects are there for the most part - John Lennon, Slade, Wizzard, etc.

I do have two slight gripes about the compilation though:

1. Many of the songs on here are not performed by the artists you would want to hear performing them. Nobody wants to here "All I Want For Christmas Is You" by anyone other than Mariah Carey, "Mary's Boy Child" by anyone other than Harry Belafonte or Boney M, or "Last Christmas" by anyone other than Wham! This problem is most apparent on the tracks which had originally featured on Phil Spector's classic Christmas album. Obviously there must have been licensing issues, because you would not choose any of the alternative versions provided here over Spector's masterpieces.

2. Too many of the songs are not actually Christmas songs. They may be very pleasant, and a bit wintry sounding, but among others, "Swinging on a Star" and "Winter Melody" are definitely NOT Christmas songs. ("Winter Melody" in particular is a deeply depressing song, and certainly has no place here - listen to the lyrics!)

To boil it down, this would have been better as a more focused double CD, but it should keep all but the most determined Grinches happy.

3.0 out of 5 stars No Mariah Carey?, 3 Dec 2011
I. W. Thomas - See all my reviews
This review is from: Now That's What I Call Xmas! [2011] (Audio CD)
Well, I give this three stars as it's an above average Christmas album with a large selection of tracks, my only slight problem is while Amazon does list the tracks, it doesn't list the artists, so for example "All I Want For Christmas" is not the Mariah Carey version, it's a much less popular Samantha Mumba version, which isn't very good in my opinion, so basically just a quick warning to people, make sure you check exactly who's on the album if that matters to you, don't just assume it will be the most popular version of a song because it's on a "NOW" collection.

Anyway, all in all, still a good Christmasy album that should keep most people happy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not quite a definitive album but probably the best, 13 Jan 2011
Looked around for a Christmas compilation that had all the favourites. This was the closest one. Disappointed with the versions of "Last Christmas" and "All I want for Christmas is You", and there was no Shaky! Anyway, I downloaded the additional songs I wanted and, with tracks from this compilation album, created my own playlists and burnt my own discs - job done. The bonus Christmas Carols disc is a nice addition.

5.0 out of 5 stars xmas spirit, 28 Jan 2011
K. Davy - See all my reviews
really good christmas album with a good mix of songs on ranging from upbeat christmas party songs, to more traditional christmas songs :) would definitely recommend!

5.0 out of 5 stars worth every penny, 6 Jan 2011
This cd was worth every penny as it had all the Christmas records on it that you need. Also had some of the classical songs and hymns.
The online download had 20 more songs on it than the bought cd over the counter - but why that is I don't know.Now That's What I Call Xmas!

5.0 out of 5 stars Xmas compilation, 29 Dec 2010
All in all a decent array of songs,something for everyone,hits,classics,carols,old favourites and a few I've never heard before.Bought as an mp3 download,the playlist was a little mixed on my computer but that just added to the listening pleasure,Not sure the younger generation would appreciate the entire content though.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Xmas Album Around, 28 Dec 2010
This review is from: Now That's What I Call Xmas! [2011] (Audio CD)
This Cd is a must for Xmas and defiantly one of the best ones around. There are 3 CD's packed full of Christmas tunes and this is a CD that I'll be getting out every year. I love it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Christmassy :D, 16 Jan 2011
This review is from: Now That's What I Call Xmas! [2011] (Audio CD)
For years I have listened to my Dad's old Christmas CD, but as I'm about to move out I thought it was time to get my own. My only conditions were: it had to have Slade, Wizzard and The Pogues, plus some more modern stuff and NO CAROLS or complete turkeys. This CD was the best one that I could find which fullfilled these (not perfect, but most other CD's weren't as good as this).

It's got a good range of songs on, old and new, with most of them being the originals. The covers are all pretty good too, after all, a Christmas song is a Christmas song no matter who it's sung by. My only real disappointment is that 'Last Christmas' is an instrumental, no vocals at all. There are a couple of songs I will probably skip past, but I already knew they were on there (just put the songs into YouTube and check if you're not sure if you'll like them - that's what I did).

Just a warning, it's virtually the same (if not identical) to the green covered version that came out a year ago, but it's as simple as reading the CD listing - if it's the same as your current CD, don't buy it (which I would have thought was pretty obvious).

I am very pleased with this CD and am looking forwards to listening to it properly next year. Plenty of songs to keep me busy all Christmas long :D

5.0 out of 5 stars A++++, 10 Feb 2014
Mark (Irvine, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Now That's What I Call Xmas! [2011] (Audio CD)
Love's this album for years and now with all of the bonuses it is truly a gem. Very recommended! Great songs...

4.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 31 Jan 2014
This review is from: Now That's What I Call Xmas! [2011] (Audio CD)
This CD is amazing! what a great purchase, great value for money, good dispatch time. Would definately reccomend to friends

Now That's What I Call Xmas! [2011]
Now That's What I Call Xmas! [2011] by Various Artists (Audio CD - 2011)