Price:£12.99+ £1.26 shipping

on 1 November 2010
This is the first DVD that I've come across that's dedicated to exercise for the older generation. I can't speak highly enough of it and have found that I look forward to doing my daily exercises - all of them seated - and I can make them as gentle or strenuous as I want. I thoroughly recommend this to anyone who would like to improve their physical fitness while sitting down!
on 15 April 2011
My Ma is 84, severely crippled with a bent spine, and has always had a life-long aversion and snobbery towards exercise. But recently she realized that she'll loose it if she doesn't use it, and asked me to get an exercise "video" for her. I chose this one, and six weeks on from receiving the DVD, she is still doing the exercises daily. That's really not bad at all, and she has moved on to a stronger resistance rubber band.
on 17 July 2011
This DVD is admirably suited for its stated purpose. It is easy to follow and professionally produced with attention paid to possible physical limitations. Music has been carefully chosen to be enjoyable and appropriate to each exercise routine. I am 75 and have suffered from arthritis for a number of years. These exercises have helped to improve my mobility. Thoroughly recommended.
on 1 August 2014
Brilliant. I had this DVD when I went to our local day centre and enjoyed the exercises very much, I do not do much exercising owing to hip replacements (2) and a slight stroke so this was so easy for me. Would highly recommend it to anyone any age. Enjoy yourself it's later than you think.
on 23 June 2011
I had a new hip a couple of years ago and have been fairly immobile since - partly my own fault for not exercising enough. My daughter bought this dvd for me to try and it has encouraged me to do more exercise, as it is not too difficult to do.
I can now walk much easier and and generally find it easier to get around - I have even walked to the shops and back a couple of time too.
This dvd is very easy to do and the results for me have been great - I'm very pleased.
on 23 April 2012
Arrived very quickly and we as a group are very very satisfied with the DVD. The exercises are easy to do and are demonstrated very well. Young or older age groups can use this DVD and the lady is clear and concise in her instructions. The video also explains about any medical conditions that you may have and discusses options to reduce the risks in terms of the exercises.
A number of people with different age ranges and medical conditions tried out the exercises and everyone found it easy to do. All in all a very good video, split into various sections so you can skip certain exercises if you wish. It is British made and very well done.
on 24 May 2014
I like the straightforward nature of this DVD and so does my Dad. Wished it was lower in price & postage but still good for what it is. The fact that this is part of a series of routines is also great as it offers variety and caters to different levels of fitness. This is a good way to add some variety to your exercise routines for days when you can't get out. I bought it to supplement my Dad's post cardiac rehabilitation exercise classes, which sadly only has 10 sessions. Hope to encourage him to try some of the exercises afterwards at home.
on 28 December 2013
Bought for my place of work, day centre for older people.
Easy to follow ,good variety of exercises, so far they are enjoying this DVD .
Worth the money I would recommend .
on 22 April 2014
I need to start armchair exercising because of a mobility problem (I was in a car accident, and can't stand or walk comfortably). But this DVD didn't motivate me at all! It was dreary, dismal and depressing. All the participants except one Asian lady seemed very, very elderly. Most looked unhappy. The leader's relentlessy upbeat Brummie commands didn't help at all. Participants were filmed against a white wall, in clinical-type chairs, which added to the generally dreary effect. Why on earth not film people in interesting settings, using colour, and not lined up against a wall as if waiting to be shot! I'm not ready for a nursing home or mental health clinic, so I didn't bother to use this DVD. Instead, it's gone straight to a charity shop.
on 8 December 2012
I bought this for an elderly friend of mine who is seated for most of the day. Its very good and I think it made her feel better when she saw that it was elderly people doing the exercises as well. We had lots of fun with the routines and she has found that although the exercise is helping, its actually the laughing we do trying to do them, that helps her more!