I was looking for a replacement battery for my HTC Desire HD... an Original would have been nice as the price from HTC are quite expensive and I do not trust retro ones...However.. having read what other reviewers had to say about this one I was curious and took the plunge... I Know what an orginal should look like and all the marking to look for, even down to the build... So when it arrived I was surprised to see it WAS an original...BUT.. it is second generation.. the numbers on the back can be tracked and the battery in question is about 18 months old.. but it is New..There's nothing wrong with that as long as it works it should be fine and so far so good.. It holds the power as my original did when it came with the phone.. With a bit of tinkering on the computer with the phone attached it tells you when the battery was made..
If your looking for a replacement battery for your Desire HD.. this is the one to go for while stocks last...And just for those of you interested in saving battery power even more.. Go to the Android market place ( now controlled by Google) and download PowerMax by VoltUp.. it's free and advert free..It REALLY works with one push of a button after setting up (very simple) and so far.. I have only charged my phone once in 2 days.. I'm impressed... Power to all you Desire owners..:)
44 comments|35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 March 2012
Good battery . Go into settings - applications- development and enable debugging it some how makes the battery last longer , i got 36 hours out of mine rather than 12 hours after doing this SWEET.
on 4 May 2011
Perfect, exactly the same as the battery that comes with the phone. Lasts just as long and so useful to have when travelling and not near a power source. Best buy I've made for my phone, seriously recommend!
on 13 January 2014
If you're reading this I imagine you've spent a while looking at different batteries on here and have seen all the mixed reviews. When I looked, pretty much every battery had some people report incompatibility or failure, while others said it's exactly as described.

I bought this to replace the battery that came with my Desire HD three years ago, which was struggling to get through the morning. I could get maybe half an hour to an hour of use out of it.

So far this one is fine. My phone now has a decent battery life and gets through the day no problems. This appears to be an authentic HTC battery and is, at a glance, indistinguishable from the original.

If mixed reviews are putting you off, give this one a shot.
on 22 July 2012
It looks almost identical to the stock battery that my phone came with but the only difference is it's the wrong way round. Usually the side with HTC written on it goes into the phone face up but this is not the case with this battery. The face with all the warning messages etc. has to go in face up in order to connect the battery to the phone. I have tried putting the battery into the phone so that it is connected but it doesn't work/charge.
on 19 August 2012
Fits HTC Desire HD although the battery seems a little looser than the original. In my experience this battery is worth what you pay for it, it doesn't hold charge very well at all. Not impressed but I will keep the battery for those Just in case moments. If you are looking for a better battery for this power hungry phone...... there isn't one! You just will have to like me learn to charge your phone when you can and use it smartly!
on 25 July 2012
The title of my review says it all. This product is rubbish. A cheap imitation of a HTC product. Quite clearly a mass produced, poorly finished, generic battery covered with an equally cheap piece of sticky backed plastic bearing a badly printed HTC logo. This battery lasts no longer than the burned-out genuine item I bought it to replace. Avoid.
on 24 June 2013
Arrived on time.
But arrived in package without invoice or any other details...
Battery looked similar to existing phone battery, but was a slimmer.
Put battery in phone, was completely useless, would not hold a charge could not keep the phone on etc.

Maybe best to avoid this supplier as seems a dodgy.
on 3 October 2012
My original HTC battery seemed to be failing after a couple of years constant use and I ordered one of these as a replacement. It seems identical to the original, the price is good and delivery was very quick. It came completely discharged so I charged it from the mains charger (which incidentally seems to have revived my original battery better than USB charging). So far it has been switched on for about 18 hours (I never switch mine off) and has been used to make and receive several calls but has remained fully charged. I definitely recommend this battery as a proper replacement for your HTC Desire HD. Edited to add - I've just bought another one which seems to be even better. It came half charged and after USB charging has been on for two days now with several calls made and received - just barely dropped from full charge. I have no hesitation in recommending one of these for your HTC Desire phone.
on 17 July 2011
Can't see the point in buying a non HTC battery when the genuine one is only a few quid more. It performs exactly as the original, and I keep it charged in my USB cradle. The HTC Desire HD drains batteries quickly, so a spare battery is an essential accessory. The only downside is that the battery cover on the phone is fiddly and flimsy, but that's not the battery's fault!