5.0 out of 5 stars Spirit of the samurai
Published 20 months ago by Sáss Alæssí

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for me
I've given three stars as its a good book but just a bit academic for my liking. Just found it a bit tough going.
Published 18 months ago by Richard Wootten

5.0 out of 5 stars Spirit of the samurai, 21 Jan 2013
Sáss Alæssí (Congleton. Cheshire East, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: BUSHIDO:The Soul of Japan, An Exposition of Japanese Thought (Kindle Edition)
Bushido for me has long been a love of mine. I have practiced Aikido for many years and often we would dip into the world of the spirit of the samurai which is very much the secretive world that is Bushido. If you are a lover of all things Japanese Martial Arts, you will love this read. If not, it'll make no sense to you at all. But buy it anyway and read it, fill your mind with codes of practice and ethics beyond anything westerners comrehend as normal.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lost ethics?, 10 April 2013
A fascinating insight into the moral and ethical code of Japan and the way everything changed. The comparisons with European chivalry are interesting but the question I find that I keep asking myself is “Has society suffered with the demise of Bushido?“ The system may have disappeared from view but it will always be a part of us, ready to reinstall ethics into society.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for me, 3 Mar 2013