5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch for Gym
Published on 6 Feb 2012 by Mr

2.0 out of 5 stars Pictures does not fit to the actual size
In fact I bought the Polar FT80.
First of all the site pictures does not fit to the watch actual size. The watch screen is a small one and sometimes it is very difficult to read the data.
The manual came with the device or within the site does not give the whole watch functionality.

You must discover the features by your own.!!!!which is pretty...
Published on 26 Mar 2012 by Nick

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch for Gym, 6 Feb 2012
This review is from: Polar FT80 Mens Training Computer - Black White (Sports)
This watch does everything I want. It syncs to the heart rate belt flawlessly, and keeps the connection continuously. I had a few problems with the older black face version, particularly in syncing to the website, this white face version which I gather is the latest version, works fine and syncs flawlessly. I also find the face easier to read than the black version, although the former is more elegant. This is a great watch for recording gym workouts, and challenging your fitness. It has a built in fitness measure, and measures your performance in the gym against the targets you have set. Additional programmes can be downloaded from the website.

All in all I am very pleased with this purchase, and I beleieve some sort of heart rate monitor is essential for anyone who wants to get the most out of their time in the gym.

5.0 out of 5 stars Much better than I was expecting, 15 Sep 2012
This review is from: Polar FT80 Mens Training Computer - Black White (Sports)
I recently decided to get in shape and lose weight. The last time I tried this I failed dismally with the gym and I thought I'd be more methodical about things. I was quite surprised to find that I was exercising too hard and exhausting myself. Using this watch/computer, I slowed things down and took it much easier. After a month of using it, I'm more aware of how hard I am exercising. It's nice to get a real-time assessment of how quickly I'm recovering after a more intense interval.
This watch comes with the flowlink device for the computer, saving you a bit of cash.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Watch, Great for Gym Use, 19 Mar 2012
P. Borer - See all my reviews
This review is from: Polar FT80 Mens Training Computer - Black White (Sports)
I have had this just under a week now, and have found it to be a brilliant watch.
The connectivity between the watch and the check strap is good. The functions on the watch work flawlessly.
The connectivity between the watch and the pc connector are good, and the website personal trainer is clearly laid out.
As far as I am concerned a good watch, good functionality and a good investment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous, 22 July 2013
This review is from: Polar FT80 Mens Training Computer - Black White (Sports)
This is still early days for me but so far so good the product does what it says on the box and it turned up on time just a it said

5.0 out of 5 stars Crucial training corner stone, 19 Jun 2013
J. Daniels (Kent, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Polar FT80 Mens Training Computer - Black White (Sports)
The latest generation of Polar watches are a step forward from the older models. The FT80 tracks footpods, GPS units and HR Monitors, and allows you to select between various training types, as well as set personal info (VO2 performance, recovery rate, weight, etc)

They have removed some of the functions from older models (including customised programmes for different exercise/class types) instead building a more generic weekly target programme. However this is soon forgotten, and the ability to transmit through the USB connector back to polarfitness means you have a more in depth control and analysis of your training programme. Now if only6 they would release an app....

4.0 out of 5 stars POLAR FT80 - does the job, very well, 4 Dec 2012
This review is from: Polar FT80 Mens Training Computer - Black White (Sports)
I got the FT80 to help support my fitness programme.Although the wording on the Amazon Product description doesn't describe what you get in the box, it is all that is pictured as well as a multi-lingo support manual.

I am a 52 male who works out with a PT to improve my all round fitness and strength and we needed to know my recovery period, HRV and resting heart rate as well as chart my heart rate under the stress. The Strength Training feature is a great feature to help support my Compound Weight sessions as are the little messages to encourage more aerobic effort throughout the week.

After a month I wouldn't begin to claim that I have used anywhere near the number of fetures that this watch and fitness support product has, but I have no complaints and know I'll be using it regularly from now on. The heart monitor strap also synchronises with 2 iPhone Applications (ithlete & Bioforce HRV) I use to chart my HRV and resting heartbeat and recovery periods.

5.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect, 31 July 2012
This review is from: Polar FT80 Mens Training Computer - Black White (Sports)
I was looking for a polar watch that was useful for me for my running activities and to the gym.
I found that this watch is about it. Its pretty complet. It gives great help achieving those objectives such as stay in shape, or increasing performance or fitness, or even lose weight. It's simple to use, complete in information that it gives you and great feedback.
The only negative thing that i put on the watch is the bep sound. its somewhat low. If you have phones in your ears earing music from a mp3 you wont ear the bep sound. but when you have nothing on the ears you ear just fine.
Overall its a great buy, the best buy ive done in a while. Its worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great piece of kit, 17 Jan 2013
This review is from: Polar FT80 Mens Training Computer - Black White (Sports)
This is a joy. It's my third Polar heart rate monitor and I waited an age to get it, just needed the time to justify it. Probably the thing which (for me) differentiates it from the other monitors I've used is the ability to sync the actual heart rate curve for a particular workout from the watch onto the Polar website. That allows me to monitor fitness improvements, recovery times between intervals etc.

There's quite alot of functionality I don't use (like the strength training mode) which others may like. I find the STAR programme a bit basic and inflexible, but again could be good for people starting out on a new regime. The white on black display is not as hard to read as I'd feared from some of the reviews - main thing is you can display current HR in very large font so you can always see it clearly (well, as clearly as other Polar monitors). And it's a good looking watch.

The only slight niggle is that synchronisation via the Weblink device (which comes with it) is a bit temperamental. It seems to have something to do with the USB/computer you are doing it through (although I have managed it on the same computer one day, and not the next). Still, not bad enough to knock off any stars. A really great product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but, 7 May 2013
Matt (Peterborough, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Polar FT80 Mens Training Computer - Black White (Sports)
Being new to fitness I decided I would get one of these Polar watches to keep an accurate check on all my activities and after reading many reviews I followed up on this one. I'll be honest I've had this for a couple of hours and it was dead simple to set up. Buttons are well laid out and the monitor is really solid to hold and use. It feels like you could give this a damn good thrashing and it would come back for more. The reason for the four stars though is for the sync service, first it wouldn't recognise the watch then the whole website crashed and the other thing is backlight which isnt the clearest. Other than that I shall perservere and see how it works out, if the sync service comes back up and running I will happily give it another star. Although my faults are being picky I would still happily recommend it to anyone who is only just starting out like myself or anyone who has been at it for years.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 17 Oct 2012
Svetlana (Stockholm, Sweden) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Polar FT80 Mens Training Computer - Black White (Sports)
Got this for my husband last week, he's very happy with it.
I don't know the details but he says it works great!
Hope it keeps up the good performance!