5.0 out of 5 stars This score scores.
Well, it clearly harks back to the 1970's in places, but in an understated and intelligent way. Am I the only person who gets hints of Kraft & Alexander, Isao Tomita and the French guy (Jarre) in here?.
Published on 2 Feb 2011 by P. N. Jones

3.0 out of 5 stars Neither daft, nor punk but nevertheless a competent soundtrack album
The problem with soundtrack albums is that, out of context, many of them sound like background music - which is of course what they're meant to be. The best ones somehow transcend that - for me it's those that go heavy on the atmospherics that work the best: check Betty Blue Ost, Passion : Music for The Last Temptation Of Christ and Shutter Island (Music From The Motion...
Published on 6 Dec 2010 by Colin Mccartney

5.0 out of 5 stars This score scores., 2 Feb 2011
P. N. Jones "first_addition" (Lincolnshire, UK.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tron Legacy (Audio CD)
I have to strongly recommend this album for people of all ages. This is art at its zenith. As film sound tracks go, this is easily up there with Akira, but it's much more accessible to our little Western ears. I want to go and see the film.

A short review but an enthusiastic one. Having heard this on a free streaming site (spot***), I'm buying this cd today.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality and powerful, 24 Dec 2010
This review is from: Tron Legacy (Audio CD)
Went to see the movie on Wednesday and loved it but must admit that I'm not a Daft Punk fan and seeing that they had worked on the entire score for the film put me off a little.

I should have had more faith. It's certainly not the usual Daft Punk style by any means and I mean this in a very, very positive way. The film is fantastic and the soundtrack really shines through. It's full of pounding, harsh synth tones and soft yet very powerful orchestral notes which fit perfectly with the film's unique and graphically stunning art direction.

It really shows Daft Punk in a new light and proves to me that they are capable of much more than the usual house music they're known for. They have created some exceptional pieces of music that are capable of provoking some pretty strong emotion. In short I love the film, and love this soundtrack equally as much. The only criticism I have is that I wish some of the tracks were longer.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not Daft. Serious, grown up and orchestrally magnificent, 10 Dec 2010
D. Forester "Annatars Gift" (Manchester, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tron Legacy (Audio CD)
The Daft has gone. I'm not sure how else to put it. Defining the music of Daft Punk in the first place is no easy task. But the daft is definitely missing or at least buried deep for this soundtrack and that's the key. This is after all a soundtrack with a defining theme rather than an album of individual tracks pulled together for your entertainment.

So what do you get from Daft Punk when the daft is removed and replaced with the central theme of the digital world of Tron?

Let's see. Well at first I liked the music, it was atmospheric and enjoyable enough. What I missed the most was the daft vocals. But as I listened to the album a few more times I really started to appreciate the complexities of the orchestral pieces and marvel at how the hell two guys more familiar with a mixing deck and keyboards as opposed to a full blown orchestra could come up with anything so complex and majestic. I am currently at the point where I have the volume in the car set to double what it would normally be set to, just so I can fully appreciate all the complexities. I find I'm struggling to keep both my hands on the steering wheel as I can't help directing my own imaginary orchestra in a Daft Punk style (embarrassing I know). I get a lump in my throat and my chest tightens, just imaging the world of Tron as I listen and conduct along with the score.

So, should you buy it?

If it's Daft Punk you're after then be cautious. But if you're open minded and you've ever found yourself enjoying an orchestral soundtrack of the like John Williams or Howard Shore might produce then you're going to enjoy this. If you also happen to be a fan of either Tron or Daft Punk then like me you could well end up loving this album.

I can't wait to get back in the car for my next bout of conducting.

4.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed by the download quality... but certainly not disappointed by content!, 5 April 2013
NVR (Bucks, England, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tron: Legacy (MP3 Download)
The piece is magnificent, and some of the tracks even give me goosebumps when I listen to them. But the downloads Amazon gave me were of a substandard codec (VLC tells me it's 128kbps MP3, CBR), and the Linux support for Cloud Player's download service is terrible. With all the money going through Amazon, and what they are allegedly withholding from the government of my country of residence, I thought they would have the resources to do better.

I got around this technicality, but in retrospect, I should have used one of the competitors.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply put, a triumph of our time, 17 July 2012
Mr. S. King - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tron Legacy (Audio CD)
Certainly in the 10 best film soundtracks of this decade, Tron Legacy is an exciting, varied, coherent and downright enjoyable score. Coming from the masters of electronic Daft Punk, you could be forgiven for expecting a mash-up of dancefloor-derived digital noise. Instead, what you get are real instruments and coherent leitmotifs. Whilst I've come to it off the back of the film, I firmly believe that this score stands proudly on its own and has glorious ebb and flow. If I have any complaints, I think that some of the tracks should be longer and allowed to fill their own potential (The Grid and Son of Flynn in particular) but that's being exceptionally picky. Highly recommended, especially if you have some decent hifi kit to do it justice.

5.0 out of 5 stars A masterpiece of a movie soundtrack, 24 Feb 2012
brainleek007 (Bracknell) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Tron Legacy (Audio CD)
It's hard to believe this is Daft Punk's first movie soundtrack, they've been around for years after all, but what a piece of work this is.

When you think about it Daft Punk were an obvious choice for this soundtrack, not in a lazy 'oh yeah, they do electronic sounding music' kind of way but in the way their music has such texture and feels simultaneously rooted in the past but bang up to date - perfect for an update of such a classic film . Of course the original Tron is rooted way back in 1982 and Daft Punk's retro vibes do tip their hat to that very different era whilst delivering something completely modern at the same time - not an easy task but it's done with a very sure hand here.

The pallete Daft Punk have drawn from is wonderfully varied and most tracks have a beautifully realised electronic motif interwoven with more traditional orchestral arrangement to stunning effect.

Listening to the soundtrack in isolation I find my mind filled with imagery from the film - no bad thing as both the music and visuals from the film are things of complete beauty. If a sountrack can ever be said to be 'good' based on how well it fits with the visuals then this soundtrack is surely one of the best. I find it rare these days to be as conscious of the music in films, to me this soundtrack was an equal to what I was seeing onscreen but the combined effect of the amazing visuals and sound add up to something far more than the sum of their parts.

I've seen in other reviews that the repetitiveness of the music has put some people off a little. I can't deny there is repetition here but that's what Daft Punk do... Around the World was just the same vamp over and over to almost hypnotic but stunning effect (and with that video it's just even better...), Aerodynamic with it's guitar arpeggio's...Robot Rock.... the list goes on but I have to say I like how the guys have come up with a hook and really explore it musically.

I've already heard various pieces of the soundtrack used in adverts and I can understand why - it's simply amazing music.

For the price their asking it's almost being given away so don't be shy! 10/10

5.0 out of 5 stars Daft Tron, 22 May 2013
Mr. P. Davison "Bramley" (Rotherham) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tron: Legacy (MP3 Download)
Really pleasantly surprised. Moody and full of energy. The soundtrack fits perfectly with the movie but is also stands up on its own. Fantastic. The single best movie soundtrack of all time.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best soundtracks ever..., 25 Aug 2011
This review is from: Tron: Legacy (MP3 Download)
This soundtrack rescued a not very good film. They need to make it an option on the dvd to switch off the talking and allow you to watch the film with the soundtrack alone...

5.0 out of 5 stars Tron Rules, 30 May 2011
This review is from: Tron Legacy (Audio CD)
This was a OST that I wasn't sure about. I'd never heard of Daft Punk until this album came out. So I was a bit sceptical when it was described as "techno disco". Trust me, it's better than that.

For a start, it's not one of those techno albums that have a drum machine going at max and have those weird sound effects other than the fact that it sounds cool. They have a full orchestra going and many of the tracks are done that way.

The theme of the movie pops up a few times (The Grid, Flynn Lives, Tron legacy (End Titles)), but that doesn't make it repetative. Each of these are presented in different ways. This is a brilliant album.

I have heard OSTs that have great music that work in the movie but fail as just music alone. This isn't one of them by far.
This id Daft Punk's first foray into the world of soundtracks. I'd love to hear more of what they come up with.

5.0 out of 5 stars Daft Punk Tron - Vinyl Edition, 4 May 2011
Mr. R. Patel "R." (Manchester, UK) - See all my reviews
The bonus tracks make this purchase worthwhile. Its also beautifully presented on 180g heavy weight vinyl. If you have the kit it sounds wider and more detailed that the CD version.

ARRAY(0xb0f58d08)

Tron Legacy: Special Edition
Tron Legacy: Special Edition by Daft Punk (Audio CD - 2010)