on 22 March 2013
Wanted the largest I could find, and this seems to be it. The opening mechanism is nice, and only takes one hand. Also like the hinge-mechanism inside... much better than my former Givi model with just strings to prevent over-opening. The little red release push button rattles a bit with road vibration, but not really a problem.
on 7 November 2015
Bought to replace my existing Maxia E50 which was suffering from a worn locking mechanism, this is a massive box. Those extra 5 litres make a big difference, particularly when it comes to leaving a helmet in there along with other bits and pieces. The quality of some of the trim is not as good as I was expecting but maybe that's a sign of the times. My biggest problem, which I have read on other reviews is that the lid can 'bounce' open occasionally.

** Update ** I discovered yesterday on looking more closely at the locking mechanism that it is designed to keep the box closed if it does become unlocked whilst riding. For this reason I have increased my rating to 4 starts from 3.

A word of warning though, and this is not a fault with the box itself ... if you are upgrading from an earlier Givi like I did, be careful. The way the locking mechanism worked on the old case meant that when you shut and locked the case you had your keys in your hand. With this one, you can unlock, open it and return the lock to the locked position and then remove the keys which you may then end up putting in the box whilst you untangle your bungee straps from your security chain etc. When finished it's easy to just shut and thus lock the lid leaving your keys inside. In addition, I have also on occasion opened the box and, leaving my keys in the lock, taken out or put in what I wanted to and then shut the box and walked away leaving my keys in the box. Be carefull!!
on 16 April 2013
I ride an FJR1300 - a super touring bike with a few minor irritations - one being the smallish standard issue panniers. I use the bike for day to day commuting, weekend breaks and the annual European tour so I needed some more storage. Previous experience with Givi kit had been positive so having picked up a mounting cheaply on fleabay, I decided to buy Givi again.
Initially I was looking for the slightly smaller V46 or V47 but I then saw the E55 at pretty much the same price. Bigger has to be better in my mind so the choice was made. Delivery next day was awesome service!
This box is big! Along with the panniers, I now have plenty of luggage room for a two week trip to warmer climes. The hinges are good and the metal props keep the lid open nicely while loading/unloading. I like the fact that you can whip the case off the bike and use it like a suitcase. Unsurprisingly for such a big lump, it is noticeable while riding - handling is definitely affected at higher speeds. Having said that, I like to tour at modest speeds using non-highway routes so its not a huge issue for me. I think carrying a pillion will improve the handling by filling up the gap between rider and topcase.
In summary, a great bit of kit that will hopefully last the life of the bike.
on 9 September 2013
Lots of space, free space for two helmets.
rather fine when it is equipped with the inner bag.
water proof
on 17 November 2014
Very good deal well below most other prices i had looked at,delivery was smack on time very pleased
on 25 June 2015
Pleased with box fitted straight onto existing Kappa plate on my FJR 1300, would have given 5stars but there was very slight scuffs on it when unpacked, holds an amazing amount of stuff though you have to watch the weight obviously.
on 4 September 2014
superb piece of kit for my motorcycle and it works very well on my bike.
on 10 May 2016
it was v gd nd wht more.it came day early it large enough fr everything u want carry I 'm very plss with keys re, lot stronger nd thking thn old maxi
but dn't understand why?two keys tops diff frm another otherwise everything ok nd thk fr such quick delivery.thkx again
on 6 September 2014
Great box fits my big work laptop and plenty of gear
on 11 April 2015
Excellent topbox, plenty of space for all you need!