4.0 out of 5 stars If it kept drinks hot it would get five stars!
I love this flask and just to be clear the description never claimed it could keep drinks hot and I knew what I was getting when I brought it.

Published on 4 Mar. 2013 by music8

3.0 out of 5 stars Leak proof but DOES NOT keep liquids hot
Works well as a leakproof container. Tea COLD within half an hour. Container absorbs the heat and is hot to the touch when used for storing hot liquids.
Do not recommend for keeping drinks warm over time.
Published on 12 Mar. 2013 by Amazon Customer

4.0 out of 5 stars If it kept drinks hot it would get five stars!, 4 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Aladdin 0.35 Litre Sustain Papillon Traveller, Blue (Kitchen & Home)

One thing I struggled with before I brought it was how liquid was drunk as there are no photos of the flask been open. There is no need to open the lid, as the description specifies. There is a small flap that is watertight when shut properly. Upon opening this flap there is a small hole big enough to drink from but not really big enough to refill the flask from. Nice size to drink from and if a standard size straw is used you can get all the liquid out. Be aware though that the hole is slightly bigger than a straw so when the flap is open the flask must be kept upright!

Another plus to mention is you CAN put hot drinks in this flask, it just won't keep it hot. I did some experimenting and a fresh cup of coffee, made with boiling water will still be warm after an hour but stone cold after two. The great thing is that after the flask has been washed there is NO residual coffee smell or taste, meaning you can carry your morning coffee around, rinse fill with water and your water will not be contaminated. :) Drinks do not taste of plastic, despite the material it's made from. (It does feel warm to the touch when filled with boiling water but it will not leak even when turned upside down.) Just make sure you line up the rim/rings of the lid properly when screwing the lid on or a few drops will escape.

This flask is light, easy to use and the handle is very useful. I would recommend it to anyone who does not need a proper thermos but would like the option of carrying hot drinks as well as cold.

5.0 out of 5 stars .good product, 14 Feb. 2013
Keeps drink warm,fits in car cup holders, leakproof if fully closed, makes the morning commute more comfortable.
As i can drink my 2nd coffee of the day only when sitting in trafic jams, honest officer!!
The handy and practical advantage of the handle fitting nicely over the side of the door pocket nice and handy right next to my knee is just genius!!! ahem. warm them first with boiling water as if a flask ensures a hot drink for longer.
downside is the length of cup if used in the car.

3.0 out of 5 stars Leak proof but DOES NOT keep liquids hot, 12 Mar. 2013
Do not recommend for keeping drinks warm over time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Travel mug, 11 Oct. 2013
Lucy L. Nield (UK) - See all my reviews
I didn't like the metal edged ones so thought this good version not too big would fit any car holder , and the best bit is it is dishwasher safe

4.0 out of 5 stars SLIM AND PERFECT SIZE FOR TRAVELLING, 18 April 2014
I've been using Aladdin travel mug for several years now and felt I could do with a new one. Fast delivery and I love the slimmer look which is a perfect size for me to slip into my bag's large pocket. However, I've given it 4-stars because I'd prefer the mug came with slip-proof handle and slip-proof base which my old Aladdin travel mug has got. Overall, I love my new mug.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does not leak, 22 April 2014
dieffenbachia (Ealing, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Great product. I wanted a water-bottle that was leakproof. This is it. No funny smells of other plastic reusable bottles either. Nice finish to product. Very durable and attractive.
Slight downside is that it's small.
I've only used for hot drinks once, but drank almost immediately so didn't notice massive temp drop

5.0 out of 5 stars This is ideal - the lid is totally leakproof so I can easily carry it full and the mug is easy to ..., 26 Dec. 2014
Bought this to use at work as I find the thermal mugs keep hot drinks too hot. This is ideal - the lid is totally leakproof so I can easily carry it full and the mug is easy to drink from

5.0 out of 5 stars Great but small, 9 Jan. 2014
Excellent cup, keeps the coffee SO warm for ages and it does not spill at all... My only negative is that it does not hold a lot so a slightly bigger design would be fantastic.,

4.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the money, 3 July 2014
Ms. Ann S. Ballard (Calne, Wiltshire) - See all my reviews
Excellent product. Stylish, keeps the drink hot and didn't leak. Brilliant that it can go in the dishwasher. Will buy another one as a gift.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 10 Mar. 2014
Great size and colour. Used for work and has never leaked. Very pleased with this product, worth paying a little extra for the quality.