Normally I wouldn't bother reviewing something as functional as a highchair, but the Concord Spin Highchair is such a work of genius I wanted to let other people know.

First let me say that the Concord Spin is the third proper high chair we have actualls owned, and like most parents with two children we have tried out multiple others over the years in restaurants and friends houses, so I feel I have some expertise in this area.

I also don't use the word genius lightly, or tend to award many things five stars on Amazon. However in this case both accolades are deserved.

Why? Well where to start?

1. Its light but sturdy - Made from plastic and aluminium the Spin is light enough to pick up one handed, but feels solid and sturdy. The plastic parts are connected to the metal using solid pins, so can't come away over time, and the metal frame gives the whole this a rigidity that is is reassuring when you're putting your child in it.

2. Its compact - Before realising how good it was the thing that attracted me to the Spin was its size when set up. We have a small kitchen, so I didn't want a highchair that was too bulky, and with its slim profile the Spin meets that requirement. However, even better is how small it is when collapsed. Once you fold it up as small as it will go it measures barely two feet by three feet by a couple of inches; small enough to store in a cupboard or prop against a wall out of the way. Its so light and compact when folded up you can use it as a travel highchair if you need to.

3. It folds up so easily - Pull one handle, rotate the seat, collapse the legs, put the tray away and you're done. It takes about five seconds to collapse the Spin or to set it up, which means you really can put it away when its not in use and not have to waste too much time when you need it again. You can even collapse it one handed with a bit of practice, which is important when you're holding a small child, and its light enough to carry in one hand whilst holding a child with the other.

4. Its easy to keep clean - We've had our Spin for a couple of months and it looks almost brand new. The materials used are pretty much stain resistant and a quick wipe down is usually enough to keep them clean. The design means there are no awkward crannies where food gets stuck. The fact that you can remove the tray to wipe it down makes keeping it clean a doddle. The padding is machine washable and pretty stain resistant. Even the straps can be removed for washing periodically, something you can't do with a lot of highchairs.

5. It looks good - A minor consideration, but true.

6. Its safe and comfortable - With or without the tray in place my daughter, who is now ten months old, feels secure when strapped in and there's a child-proof lock to prevent little fingers accidentally undoing the straps. Whilst the Spin is relatively compact, its big enough to be used with older toddlers and based on the fact that my daughter seems quite happy when sat in it for longer periods of time, its obviously quite comfortable both with and without the removable padding,

Are there any downsides? None that I have found yet. My wife has commented that it would be nice if it had wheels, but that about the only limitation I can think of apart from the price tag. However I can honestly say it is definitely worth the money.